Navy will make all sailors reaffirm their oath to the Constitution as it fights extremism i

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what was it before?
That's why I asked you because I couldn't find where there ever was another pledge specific to the Navy or otherwise.
The Oath of Enlistment is taken by all divisions of the military and the Navy isn't dropping it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Should Christians be taking Oaths without stating the proviso that they will only be followed as conscience as dictates.
In LOve
Jay Sea
Members of the Armed Forces are allowed to disobey illegal orders. Illegal orders are not defending the Constitution.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Members of the Armed Forces are allowed to disobey illegal orders. Illegal orders are not defending the Constitution.

In fact, our oath is to obey the lawful orders of our superiors. And to defend the Constitution. So, if we had been given an unlawful order, especially one that would have violated the Constitution, we would have been obligated to resist to the best of our abilities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
All oaths are provisional on them being valid under the law of country and God : therfoe conscience.

If a law is evil and contrary to the will of God, then we are obligated to do what we can to end it. And if we have to chose between obeying laws and obeying God, we must choose God.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0