Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I encounted the following written by a person claiming to be Reformed. I was a bit surprised and would like some clarification.

Jesus was the God-Man, 100% God, and 100% Man. Not two natures, but one nature, in Human flesh. He was God in human flesh. I mean, if you believe in the dichotomy of man, then Jesus could NOT have had two natures, but one nature and a body. The Nature of God, and the body of Man. Jesus is not like you or me.​

Is this the standard Reformed understanding? Is it non-standard, but still acceptable?

Jon_

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
California
✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Philip said:
I encounted the following written by a person claiming to be Reformed. I was a bit surprised and would like some clarification.

Jesus was the God-Man, 100% God, and 100% Man. Not two natures, but one nature, in Human flesh. He was God in human flesh. I mean, if you believe in the dichotomy of man, then Jesus could NOT have had two natures, but one nature and a body. The Nature of God, and the body of Man. Jesus is not like you or me.
Is this the standard Reformed understanding? Is it non-standard, but still acceptable?
No, that's not orthodox Reformed Christology. Reformed Christology teaches that Christ was one person with two natures: human and divine.

Soli Deo Gloria

Jon

Upvote 0