✟24,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
(Now this isn't provocative at all?)

About 90,000 NATO troops have been training in Europe this spring for the Great Power war that most hope will never come: a clash between Russia and the West with potentially catastrophic consequences.
In Estonia, paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division out of Fort Liberty, N.C., jumped out of planes alongside soldiers from Colchester Garrison in Essex, Britain, for “forcible entry” operations. In Lithuania, German soldiers arrived as a brigade stationed outside Germany on a permanent basis for the first time since World War II.
And on the A4 autobahn in eastern Germany, a U.S. Army captain and his Macedonian counterpart rushed toward the Suwalki Gap — the place many war planners predict will be the flashpoint for a NATO war with Russia — hoping the overheated radiator on their Stryker armored combat vehicle wouldn’t kill the engine.

All are part of what is supposed to be a tremendous show of force by NATO, its largest since the start of the Cold War, that is meant to send a sharp message to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that his ambitions must not venture beyond Ukraine.

But it is also a preview of what the opening beats of a modern Great Power conflict could look like. If NATO and Russia went to war, American and allied troops would initially rush to the Baltic countries Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania — NATO’s “Eastern Flank”— to try to block penetration by a Russian force.
How that war would end, and how many people might die, is a different story. Tens of millions of people were killed in World War II. This time, the stakes have never been higher. Mr. Putin has brought up the potential for nuclear war several times since Russia invaded Ukraine more than two years ago.

The show of force is NATO’s largest-ever military exercise

National security officials are making plans for cyberwarfare, too, including how to defend U.S. and NATO interests against a possible cyberattack on public infrastructure.

But a European continental ground war has seemed far more possible since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine more than two years ago.

“This exercise changes the calculus for our adversaries — that’s the real power of this,” said Gen. Darryl A. Williams, the American general who leads NATO’s Allied Land Command. Mr. Putin, he said, “is watching this and saying, ‘Hmm, maybe I need to think twice here.’”

Russia’s war in Ukraine infuses almost every movement of the exercises, which began in January and will continue through May. It is why some of the American troops experimented with commercial drones that they could weaponize by fixing with explosives, to see how to counter such tactics, much as Russian troops have had to learn how to defend against Ukraine’s use of store-bought drones that have been MacGyvered with explosives.

It is also why the overheated Stryker carrying the two American and Macedonian captains looks almost exactly like all of the other Strykers, with the exception of its lighter machine gun.

Continued at link... it's pretty long, with photos

Nice Dog! I had one that looked almost like that several years ago....

Screenshot 2024-04-24 5.35.56 PM.png

Reactions: Vambram

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Guys, this war stuff gets old real fast. I used to participate in these discussions, but do you have any posts that regard to anything but wars? Also, it is a bad idea to post a long summary of a NYT article, as @essentialsaltes said that bypassing paywalls, even as a Robin Hood for others to read is not ethical.

By the way, that dog is adorable, regardless of which side one supports.

The Guardian has an open-access report on the war: Ukraine foreign minister says west must boost defence as ‘era of peace is over’

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟24,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Guys, this war stuff gets old real fast. I used to participate in these discussions, but do you have any posts that regard to anything but wars? Also, it is a bad idea to post a long summary of a NYT article, as @essentialsaltes said that bypassing paywalls, even as a Robin Hood for others to read is not ethical.

By the way, that dog is adorable, regardless of which side one supports.

The Guardian has an open-access report on the war: Ukraine foreign minister says west must boost defence as ‘era of peace is over’

Since wars and rumors of wars will precede the coming of our LORD, it is wise to keep up on current events also though I know it sometimes gets old sometimes. All the prophets were well aware of what was going on around them, and God even gave them further insights as to the exact manner of things that would happen in both the near and distant future.

Jesus even went on to warn when the Israelites saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then let the people flee immediately and not linger around, also saying to pray specifically their flight not be in winter or on the Sabbath day. Titus besieged Jerusalem in April 70 AD and breached the wall on June 5th which was a weekday, some say a Thursday. I've heard from several people it wasn't a Sabbath. The entire campaign lasted from April through September so it was Spring and Summer, not winter.

The writer of 2 Kings gives an ancient "news report" here,

"And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host, against Jerusalem, and pitched against it; and they built forts against it round about.
And the city was besieged unto the eleventh year of king Zedekiah.
And on the ninth day of the fourth month the famine prevailed in the city, and there was no bread for the people of the land.
And the city was broken up, and all the men of war fled by night by the way of the gate between two walls, which is by the king's garden: (now the Chaldees were against the city round about:) and the king went the way toward the plain.
And the army of the Chaldees pursued after the king, and overtook him in the plains of Jericho: and all his army were scattered from him.
So they took the king, and brought him up to the king of Babylon to Riblah; and they gave judgment upon him.
And they slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes, and put out the eyes of Zedekiah, and bound him with fetters of brass, and carried him to Babylon.
And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, which is the nineteenth year of king Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, came Nebuzaradan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, unto Jerusalem:
And he burnt the house of the Lord, and the king's house, and all the houses of Jerusalem, and every great man's house burnt he with fire.
And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about." (2 Kings 25:1-10)

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since wars and rumors of wars will precede the coming of our LORD, it is wise to keep up on current events also though I know it sometimes gets old sometimes. All the prophets were well aware of what was going on around them, and God even gave them further insights as to the exact manner of things that would happen in both the near and distant future.

Jesus even went on to warn when the Israelites saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then let the people flee immediately and not linger around, also saying to pray specifically their flight not be in winter or on the Sabbath day. Titus besieged Jerusalem in April 70 AD and breached the wall on June 5th which was a weekday, some say a Thursday. I've heard from several people it wasn't a Sabbath. The entire campaign lasted from April through September so it was Spring and Summer, not winter.

The writer of 2 Kings gives an ancient "news report" here,

"And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host, against Jerusalem, and pitched against it; and they built forts against it round about.
And the city was besieged unto the eleventh year of king Zedekiah.
And on the ninth day of the fourth month the famine prevailed in the city, and there was no bread for the people of the land.

And the city was broken up, and all the men of war fled by night by the way of the gate between two walls, which is by the king's garden: (now the Chaldees were against the city round about:) and the king went the way toward the plain.
And the army of the Chaldees pursued after the king, and overtook him in the plains of Jericho: and all his army were scattered from him.
So they took the king, and brought him up to the king of Babylon to Riblah; and they gave judgment upon him.
And they slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes, and put out the eyes of Zedekiah, and bound him with fetters of brass, and carried him to Babylon.
And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, which is the nineteenth year of king Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, came Nebuzaradan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, unto Jerusalem:

And he burnt the house of the Lord, and the king's house, and all the houses of Jerusalem, and every great man's house burnt he with fire.
And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about." (2 Kings 25:1-10)
Man, a wall of text about an ancient war. God bless, though.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟302,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Since wars and rumors of wars will...

Not at all related to the topic of the thread. Please keep to the present day. This is "current events" after all.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not at all related to the topic of the thread. Please keep to the present day. This is "current events" after all.
Amen brother. @Kokavkrystallos long post about an ancient war is irrelevant to current events. Plus, when I make a post myself in the current events section, I try to keep the Bible verses out of my posts* (even though I am a Christian).

*However, I did put a Bible verse in a post about air quality, as the verse is relevant to the 21st century.

1714007227239.png

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟101,777.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Yes so is invading, killing and looting of Ukraine by the Russians. In fact I dare say even more so than placing soldiers nearby. Yes the dog is cute.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bro use the dark theme. Its white background burns my eyes o_O :tearsofjoy:.
Sorry, I prefer white theme. Dark theme makes me look like a Russian hacker.

I am not Russian, but that is a joke, as there are Russian hackers out there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

About 90,000 NATO troops have been training in Europe this spring for the Great Power war that most hope will never come: a clash between Russia and the West with potentially catastrophic consequences.
In Estonia, paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division out of Fort Liberty, N.C., jumped out of planes alongside soldiers from Colchester Garrison in Essex, Britain, for “forcible entry” operations. In Lithuania, German soldiers arrived as a brigade stationed outside Germany on a permanent basis for the first time since World War II.
And on the A4 autobahn in eastern Germany, a U.S. Army captain and his Macedonian counterpart rushed toward the Suwalki Gap — the place many war planners predict will be the flashpoint for a NATO war with Russia — hoping the overheated radiator on their Stryker armored combat vehicle wouldn’t kill the engine.

All are part of what is supposed to be a tremendous show of force by NATO, its largest since the start of the Cold War, that is meant to send a sharp message to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that his ambitions must not venture beyond Ukraine.

But it is also a preview of what the opening beats of a modern Great Power conflict could look like. If NATO and Russia went to war, American and allied troops would initially rush to the Baltic countries Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania — NATO’s “Eastern Flank”— to try to block penetration by a Russian force.
How that war would end, and how many people might die, is a different story. Tens of millions of people were killed in World War II. This time, the stakes have never been higher. Mr. Putin has brought up the potential for nuclear war several times since Russia invaded Ukraine more than two years ago.

The show of force is NATO’s largest-ever military exercise

National security officials are making plans for cyberwarfare, too, including how to defend U.S. and NATO interests against a possible cyberattack on public infrastructure.

But a European continental ground war has seemed far more possible since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine more than two years ago.

“This exercise changes the calculus for our adversaries — that’s the real power of this,” said Gen. Darryl A. Williams, the American general who leads NATO’s Allied Land Command. Mr. Putin, he said, “is watching this and saying, ‘Hmm, maybe I need to think twice here.’”

Russia’s war in Ukraine infuses almost every movement of the exercises, which began in January and will continue through May. It is why some of the American troops experimented with commercial drones that they could weaponize by fixing with explosives, to see how to counter such tactics, much as Russian troops have had to learn how to defend against Ukraine’s use of store-bought drones that have been MacGyvered with explosives.

It is also why the overheated Stryker carrying the two American and Macedonian captains looks almost exactly like all of the other Strykers, with the exception of its lighter machine gun.

Continued at link... it's pretty long, with photos

Nice Dog! I had one that looked almost like that several years ago....

View attachment 346533
Oh, like they do every year or two?
::yawn::

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Since wars and rumors of wars will precede the coming of our LORD, it is wise to keep up on current events also though I know it sometimes gets old sometimes.
I think that this “wars and rumors of wars” gets misinterpreted a lot.
i don’t think that these are harbingers of the Parousia but that the Blessed Event will occur during the usual, run-of-the-mill goings-on that human beings have been having for millennia.

Upvote 0