Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was a little puzzled by her comments she made in that interview.
CNN's Wolf Blitzer presses Nancy Pelosi on why she hasn't taken Trump stimulus deal - CNN Video

She said "what I want to know is, why are you and your colleagues always apologists for the republican position!?!?"

Hmmm...either she thought she was on a different network, or was confusing them for another CNN lol.

To say that CNN are "republican apologists" is downright laughable.

It'd be like Ted Cruz going on Fox News and saying "why are you guys always going so soft on the democrats?"

Then when Wolf said "1.8 Trillion is a huge amount, what's wrong with the 1.8 Trillion...don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good", her response (which I assume was a gaffe) "Well, I'm not going to let the wrong be the enemy of the right"...whatever that was supposed to mean.

She seemed a little caught of guard by getting pressed in a CNN interview. Tapper did a recent interview where he pushed a Biden campaign manager pretty hard as well. Not sure if this is a push for them to portray objectivity as a media outlet to gain some credibility in the eyes of viewers or what the angle is, but you can definitely tell that Pelosi and Bedingfield were caught off guard (and were none too pleased) with actually getting pushed with tough questions, and weren't in the "CNN Safe Space" they'd been accustomed to when appearing on that network.

It was actually refreshing to see...I like to see Fox start doing the same thing to republicans appearing on their programming as well.

Both Fox and CNN actually have some decent anchors who have the ability to put elected officials on the "hot seat" with tough and sometimes uncomfortable questions. I'd like to see them have a go at their own party more often.

I'd like to see Cuomo take a run at democrats and Carlson take a run at some republicans.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't referring to her temper. It's more of the shaky hand gestures, slurring her speach and forgetfulness. Besides like I said before it was her that put forth mental evaluations.
Lots of people get essential tremors which can cause some of the physical symptoms seen with people like Pelosi and Susan Collins. It does not affect cognitive function. Obviously I’m speculating, but it’s not something that requires 25th Amendment or anything.

Blitzer was simply pressing her on the issues, as he should.

Perhaps CNN and FoxBabeNews are getting the idea that most Americans want more than cheerleading.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't speak for that poster but I suspect they're just bouncing back about Pelosi what she goes right ahead and speaks about Trump.
Wonder if they realize the 25th amendment doesn't say anything about the speaker's ability to perform their job.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of people get essential tremors which can cause some of the physical symptoms seen with people like Pelosi and Susan Collins. It does not affect cognitive function. Obviously I’m speculating, but it’s not something that requires 25th Amendment or anything.

Blitzer was simply pressing her on the issues, as he should.

Perhaps CNN and FoxBabeNews are getting the idea that most Americans want more than cheerleading.

Perhaps CNN is hoping to keep the gravy train rolling for four more years.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps CNN is hoping to keep the gravy train rolling for four more years.
The media-- all media-- do want to continue existing. Why do you think FoxBabeNews has done some housecleaning?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was a little puzzled by her comments she made in that interview.
CNN's Wolf Blitzer presses Nancy Pelosi on why she hasn't taken Trump stimulus deal - CNN Video

She said "what I want to know is, why are you and your colleagues always apologists for the republican position!?!?"

Hmmm...either she thought she was on a different network, or was confusing them for another CNN lol.

To say that CNN are "republican apologists" is downright laughable.

It'd be like Ted Cruz going on Fox News and saying "why are you guys always going so soft on the democrats?"

Then when Wolf said "1.8 Trillion is a huge amount, what's wrong with the 1.8 Trillion...don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good", her response (which I assume was a gaffe) "Well, I'm not going to let the wrong be the enemy of the right"...whatever that was supposed to mean.

She seemed a little caught of guard by getting pressed in a CNN interview. Tapper did a recent interview where he pushed a Biden campaign manager pretty hard as well. Not sure if this is a push for them to portray objectivity as a media outlet to gain some credibility in the eyes of viewers or what the angle is, but you can definitely tell that Pelosi and Bedingfield were caught off guard (and were none too pleased) with actually getting pushed with tough questions, and weren't in the "CNN Safe Space" they'd been accustomed to when appearing on that network.

It was actually refreshing to see...I like to see Fox start doing the same thing to republicans appearing on their programming as well.

Both Fox and CNN actually have some decent anchors who have the ability to put elected officials on the "hot seat" with tough and sometimes uncomfortable questions. I'd like to see them have a go at their own party more often.

I'd like to see Cuomo take a run at democrats and Carlson take a run at some republicans.
Yes, what was that nonsense Pelosi was spouting? Wow!

I was shocked at Tapper pressing any Democrat on anything, and yes, it is probably to overcome the image.

Upvote 0