United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 3:13,14……..The Great “I Am”…….John 4:26
The "Great "I AM"" is identified in Ex 3:6 as "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob". That same "God" glorified His Son Yeshua (Acts 3:13). That same "God" then raised His Son from the dead (Acts 3:15) and invited him to sit on His right hand side in Heaven (Psalm 110:1; Mark 16:19; Acts 2:34; Eph 1:20-22; Heb 12:2; 1Pe 3:22).

As for John 4:26, others said "ego eimi" as well (John 9:9 - blind man; Acts 10:21- Peter). Are there three who are the "Great "I AM"?

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Granting prophecy as a true phenomenon, I would still come to opposite conclusions. ;)

That doesn't even make sense. What specifically are you "granting" ? That the scriptures predict the future, or that some person could hypothetically be given a vision of the future, or..? (rhetorical question)

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Avi-ad means "my father is eternal", a name of Yeshua (or a symbolic forerunner, rather) that refers to his father, God. Simplest explanation, you just got razored.

Look, we have names like abigail, being a woman's name. Several female names begin with Avi. "Avi" is of course interpreted correct in those instances as "my father---" rather than "father of---". But apparently people have too much of an agenda to just let the words be what they are.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 15:11…His Character-Holiness…Luke 1:35; Acts 4:27
Exo 3:16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, YHWH God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:
YHWH is the God of our fathers, not Yeshua. As we saw earlier, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob eventually glorified His Son Yeshua (Acts 3:13) and sat him on His right hand (Psalm 110:1). It would be rather deceiving if YHWH really sat down beside Himself, wouldn't you agree?

As for Luke 1:35, it confirms to us that Yeshua is the "Son" of God and not God himself. It would also be rather deceiving if Father YHWH became a man, but called Himself His own "Son" or "the Son of Myself (God)."

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Exo 3:16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, YHWH God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:
YHWH is the God of our fathers, not Yeshua. As we saw earlier, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob eventually glorified His Son Yeshua (Acts 3:13) and sat him on His right hand (Psalm 110:1). It would be rather deceiving if YHWH really sat down beside Himself, wouldn't you agree?

As for Luke 1:35, it confirms to us that Yeshua is the "Son" of God and not God himself. It would also be rather deceiving if Father YHWH became a man, but called Himself His own "Son" or "the Son of Myself (God)."
Would you agree that some Messianics and Christians are going through the motions? So what difference does it make whether one is a "Non-Trinitarian" or believes in the Trinity (Triune God) if they don't worship GOD with the indwelling presence of His Spirit.

John 4:15,20 ~ 21-24 CJB
15 “Sir, give me this water,” the woman said to him, “so that I won’t have to be thirsty and keep coming here to draw water.” ... 20 “Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that the place where one has to worship is in Yerushalayim.”

21 Yeshua said, “Lady, believe me, the time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Yerushalayim.
22 You people don’t know what you are worshipping; we worship what we do know, because salvation comes from the Jews.
23 But the time is coming — indeed, it’s here now — when the true worshippers will worship the Father spiritually and truly, for these are the kind of people the Father wants worshipping him.
24 God is Spirit; and worshippers must worship him spiritually and truly.”

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 CJB
19 Or don’t you know that your body is a temple for the Ruach HaKodesh who lives inside you, whom you received from God? The fact is, you don’t belong to yourselves;
20 for you were bought at a price. So use your bodies to glorify God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would you agree that some Messianics and Christians are going through the motions? So what difference does it make whether one is a "Non-Trinitarian" or believes in the Trinity (Triune God) if they don't worship GOD with the indwelling presence of His Spirit.
Yes, I agree. Are you implying that I don't have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit because I reject the trinity doctrine?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh that is why you are having difficulty with Yeshua as "God in the flesh".. you think Yeshua is just man who had no preexistence.
May I ask what led you to that realization? You are partly correct. I do not believe Yeshua preexisted as a living being. I do believe he preexisted in Yahweh's plan of salvation even before anything was created. I do not believe he was "just a man", but a pure, sinless man that was filled with the Holy Spirit and conceived without the aid of a man (directly begotten by the power of Yahweh his Father.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, I agree. Are you implying that I don't have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit because I reject the trinity doctrine?
My point is that we agree that the Spirit of YHVH via Yeshua's atonement does not withhold GOD's Grace & Mercy from either a Non-Trinitarian Believer nor a Trinity/Triune Believer. Therefore both have access to the indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit. It's only man's doctrines that get in the way and possibly inhibit God's operative presence according to a Believer's trust and faith in the glorified body of Yeshua as LORD GOD.

John 20:26-29 CJB
26 A week later his talmidim were once more in the room, and this time T’oma was with them. Although the doors were locked, Yeshua came, stood among them and said, “Shalom aleikhem!”
27 Then he said to T’oma, “Put your finger here, look at my hands, take your hand and put it into my side. Don’t be lacking in trust, but have trust!”
28 T’oma answered him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Yeshua said to him, “Have you trusted because you have seen me? How blessed are those who do not see, but trust anyway!”

As far as we know Yeshua with a glorified body didn't correct Thomas or explain to His disciples that He wasn't the LORD GOD anytime before ascending, such as ... "Truly, truly I tell you I am your salvation, but not your Lord God!" How is it possible for The Son to be our "Salvation" who can forgive sins, heal the sick, perform miracles and yet not be the LORD GOD Himself?

Matthew 28:16-20 CJB
16 So the eleven talmidim went to the hill in the Galil where Yeshua had told them to go.
17 When they saw him, they prostrated themselves before him; but some hesitated.
18 Yeshua came and talked with them. He said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore, go and make people from all nations into talmidim, immersing them into the reality of the Father, the Son and the Ruach HaKodesh,
20 and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember! I will be with you always, yes, even until the end of the age.”

Many Messianics and Christians believe in a Triune GOD and yet even among themselves they don't all agree on how to represent GOD as 3-in-1. As a 3D equilateral triangle GOD would be at the top with The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit making it possible for mankind to establish a relationship with the GOD (YHVH/Elohim) of the Tanakh and the LORD GOD of the Brit Chadashah. Yet it seems some may believe that The Father and The Holy Spirit are more synonymous as GOD, than is the Son of GOD as the LORD GOD.

trinity.jpg
Exodus 33:11 CJB
11 Adonai would speak to Moshe face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Then he would return to the camp; but the young man who was his assistant, Y’hoshua the son of Nun, never left the inside of the tent.

The Hebrew name "Nun" ( נוּן ) is an interesting study in itself. The root-verb means to propagate or increase.

Is Exodus 33:11 an indication of the future 'manifestation of GOD (being Immanuel~Yeshua) making known GOD's bodily manifestation (Yeshua) known to Moses. It's interesting that Y'hoshua, the son of Nun "never left the inside of the [ Tabernacle's] tent" also representative of our earthly tent.

The New Covenant made it possible for a disciples earthly tent and spiritually born again body to function as the temple for the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). Allowing true Believers to know "GOD" as a faithful Father, a trustworthy Friend, and a Comforting Counselor ... Three-in-One.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My point is that we agree that the Spirit of YHVH via Yeshua's atonement does not withhold GOD's Grace & Mercy from either a Non-Trinitarian Believer nor a Trinity/Triune Believer. Therefore both have access to the indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit. It's only man's doctrines that get in the way and possibly inhibit God's operative presence according to a Believer's trust and faith in the glorified body of Yeshua as LORD GOD.
Or, it's only man's doctrines that get in the way and possibly inhibit God's operative presence according to a Believer's trust and faith in the glorified body of Yeshua as the SON of GOD.

John 20:26-29
CJB
26 A week later his talmidim were once more in the room, and this time T’oma was with them. Although the doors were locked, Yeshua came, stood among them and said, “Shalom aleikhem!”
27 Then he said to T’oma, “Put your finger here, look at my hands, take your hand and put it into my side. Don’t be lacking in trust, but have trust!”
28 T’oma answered him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Yeshua said to him, “Have you trusted because you have seen me? How blessed are those who do not see, but trust anyway!”

As far as we know Yeshua with a glorified body didn't correct Thomas or explain to His disciples that He wasn't the LORD GOD anytime before ascending, such as ... "Truly, truly I tell you I am your salvation, but not your Lord God!" How is it possible for The Son to be our "Salvation" who can forgive sins, heal the sick, perform miracles and yet not be the LORD GOD Himself?
Thomas didn't say Yeshua was "LORD GOD", but "my Lord and my God" (according to English Bibles. Therefore, there was no need to correct him. If Thomas spoke Hebrew, he would have said something like "adoni" (my lord) and a Hebrew word using el or elohim in some form. Since both words were used of men and can mean "mighty one" or "strength", I believe a better translation that is not misleading would be, "my lord and my strength" or "my lord and my mighty one."

As for Yeshua being able to forgive sins, heal the sick, etc., what did Yeshua himself say?

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, He does the works.

Many Messianics and Christians believe in a Triune GOD and yet even among themselves they don't all agree on how to represent GOD as 3-in-1. As a 3D equilateral triangle GOD would be at the top with The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit making it possible for mankind to establish a relationship with the GOD (YHVH/Elohim) of the Tanakh and the LORD GOD of the Brit Chadashah. Yet it seems some may believe that The Father and The Holy Spirit are more synonymous as GOD, than is the Son of GOD as the LORD GOD.

trinity.jpg

This diagram clearly shows the Father is NOT the Son. Yet, many Messianics believe he is the Father, even on this forum. This diagram would be much closer to truth if the word "Is" between "God" and "Son" was not there.

Exodus 33:11
CJB
11 Adonai would speak to Moshe face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Then he would return to the camp; but the young man who was his assistant, Y’hoshua the son of Nun, never left the inside of the tent.

The Hebrew name "Nun" ( נוּן ) is an interesting study in itself. The root-verb means to propagate or increase.

Is Exodus 33:11 an indication of the future 'manifestation of GOD (being Immanuel~Yeshua) making known GOD's bodily manifestation (Yeshua) known to Moses. It's interesting that Y'hoshua, the son of Nun "never left the inside of the [ Tabernacle's] tent" also representative of our earthly tent.

The New Covenant made it possible for a disciples earthly tent and spiritually born again body to function as the temple for the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). Allowing true Believers to know "GOD" as a faithful Father, a trustworthy Friend, and a Comforting Counselor ... Three-in-One.
According to Numbers 18:21-22, only the sons of Levi could enter the tabernacle. Y'hoshua, the son of Nun, was an Ephraimite (Numbers 13:8).

Yeshua is the High Priest ministering in our earthly tabernacle and in the heavenly tabernacle. He is not also the God being ministered to. That would be his Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, He does the works.
Messiah Yeshua (Immanuel) is replying with a question because of their unbelief that Yeshua is not in the Father and their belief that neither is the Father in Yeshua. Their annointed Messiah has previously told them (Chapter 10) that,"I and the Father are one."

John 10:30,33 CJB
30 I and the Father are one.
33 The Judeans replied, “We are not stoning you for any good deed, but for blasphemy — because you, who are only a man, are making yourself out to be God

Colossians 2:8-10 CJB
8 Watch out, so that no one will take you captive by means of philosophy and empty deceit, following human tradition which accords with the elemental spirits of the world but does not accord with the Messiah.
9 For in Him, bodily, lives the fullness of all that God is.
10 And it is in union with Him that you have been made fullHe is the head of every rule and authority.

Ephesians 3:17-19 CJB
17 so that the Messiah may live in your hearts through your trusting. Also I pray that you will be rooted and founded in love,
18 so that you, with all God’s people, will be given strength to grasp the breadth, length, height and depth of the Messiah’s love,
19 yes, to know it, even though it is beyond all knowing, so that you will be filled with all the fullness of God.

Three-In-One (Triune) together represent the fullness of "GOD" ... a Loving Father, a Trustworthy Friend, and a Comforting Counselor.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Messiah Yeshua (Immanuel) is replying with a question because of their unbelief that Yeshua is not in the Father and their belief that neither is the Father in Yeshua. Their annointed Messiah has previously told them (Chapter 10) that,"I and the Father are one."

John 10:30,33 CJB
30 I and the Father are one.
33 The Judeans replied, “We are not stoning you for any good deed, but for blasphemy — because you, who are only a man, are making yourself out to be God
What does John 10:30 mean? That Yeshua is the Father? Of course not. The oneness he spoke of is clarified in John 17:11, 22.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
We are not the Father even though Yeshua prayed that we would have the same oneness that he and his Father share. Neither is Yeshua the Father.

Colossians 2:8-10
CJB
8 Watch out, so that no one will take you captive by means of philosophy and empty deceit, following human tradition which accords with the elemental spirits of the world but does not accord with the Messiah.
9 For in Him, bodily, lives the fullness of all that God is.
10 And it is in union with Him that you have been made fullHe is the head of every rule and authority.

Ephesians 3:17-19 CJB
17 so that the Messiah may live in your hearts through your trusting. Also I pray that you will be rooted and founded in love,
18 so that you, with all God’s people, will be given strength to grasp the breadth, length, height and depth of the Messiah’s love,
19 yes, to know it, even though it is beyond all knowing, so that you will be filled with all the fullness of God.

Three-In-One (Triune) together represent the fullness of "GOD" ... a Loving Father, a Trustworthy Friend, and a Comforting Counselor.
Just because the "fullness of all that God is" was dwelling within Yeshua, that does not make him God or the Father any more than the "fullness of God" dwelling in us makes us God or the Father.

Are you implying that the Father is not a "Trustworthy Friend" unless Yeshua is part of the trinity? You can come up with all sorts of philosophical arguments, but none will ever prove that Yeshua is his own Father.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeshua was assigned to earth and its redemption. All matters were in His hands since the foundation of the world. Any mention of God is a mention of Yeshua. Genesis 17:19…….The Seed of Isaac…….Romans. 9:7
Yeshua Hamashiach is Adonai
1 Chronicles 29:10-13 (CJB)
10 as he blessed Adonai before the entire community: “Blessed be you, Adonai, the God of Isra’el our father, forever and ever.
11 Yours, Adonai, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory and the majesty; for everything in heaven and on earth is yours. The kingdom is yours, Adonai; and you are exalted as head over all.
12 Riches and honor come from you, you rule everything, in your hand is power and strength, you have the capacity to make great and to give strength to all.
13 Therefore, our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name.

John 10:30
CJB
I and the Father are one.

John 14:6
CJB
Yeshua said, “I AM the Way — and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through me.

John 20:28 CJB
T’oma answered Him, “My Lord and my God!

Just because the "fullness of all that God is" was dwelling within Yeshua, that does not make him God.

Mark 2:7 CJB
“How can this fellow say such a thing? He is blaspheming! Who can forgive sins except God?”

John 10:33
CJB
The Judeans replied, “We are not stoning you for any good deed, but for blasphemy — because you, who are only a man, are making yourself out to be God

Last edited:
Upvote 0