• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Myself

Discussion in 'General Struggles' started by Nobody1103, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Nobody1103

Nobody1103 New Member

+1
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hello everyone, I am new to Christian Forums and to this forum, but to start I will say I am a male in my early twenties living with bipolar disorder, as well as generalized anxiety disorder and ADHD.

I always knew about my ADHD and Anxiety from a long time ago, but I was diagnosed as well with Bipolar Type 3 about a month ago. Since then, I've been taking my medications and it's kept me neutral for the most part, however there are some other things I deal with as a result of my disorders.

Aside from the crazy highs and crushing lows I used to feel,
    My faith in God has gotten a lot weaker, I used to be a much more fervent Christian in my late teens, but Religious OCD essentially made me afraid of God, and realizing that my hypomania was what appeared to be my high interest in religion back then, was the final blow to my faith. I was left confused, wondering if I really felt God or just the manifestations of my chemical imbalance. Not to mention, this disorder skews my self-identity at times, some days I wake up feeling like a new person, only to change my image the following week. It affects everything from my beliefs (I go between Christian to Agnostic) to my sexuality (I go between Straight and Asexual, although to be fair I identify as asexual, even when my head feels it is not), and many other parts of my identity.

I'm sorry for rambling, I guess I'm just looking to see if there is anyone else here who has a similar condition or is going through something similar. I'm trying to figure myself out now, because I do want a normal life, I have always wanted a girlfriend (someone to love and share my life with) as well as have a career in something, but of course I need to figure out my identity first

Thanks

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Llleopard

Llleopard Active Member

+258
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to the forums:) wow, you have a lot going on in your head, so respect for getting out of bed each day and working towards your goals!
    I am ace, and have anxiety, which has been a challenge my whole life (53) but I also have had successful careers, a great marriage to an allo, and a pretty good life overall! I think you will find some like minds on here, and certainly encouragement. Hang in there.

3. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+5,345
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    You will probably get a range of opinions on this...

My take from my personal experience is as follows...

Your identity is in Christ - not the labels that contemporary thinking puts on you.

If I was in your shoes I would have really chased God and healing and deliverance. That means finding a church that is equipped to support you in that journey. Don't expect instant success - it took me 7 years to come out and be 'normal'

I attended the healing 'order of St. Luke' every week for a year before being healed of a wound in the spirit. That was just one step along the way.

I prayerfully read nothing but scripture for 5 years.

The more prayer and ministry you get the faster your journey out. That was 45 years ago.

I am not talking about an easy road - I would attend church and weep all the way through the service. Few understood or spoke to me.

But God came through big time - my life now is more than I could ask or think.

It is all to do with putting Jesus first no matter what.

Welcome to CF - feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more privately.

4. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,516
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    May I ask why?
    What has caused you not to trust in God or Jesus?

The basic facts about Jesus' incarnation, his brutal death, burial and resurrection have not changed, all that has changed is how you either ' feel ,' about these facts or how you view them.

Feelings are important, but they are not the most important. Most decisions are made using one's ability to reason and work things out, to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages, now feeling do influences this but it is an influence not a casting vote.

Please reexamine what in your opinion makes you a Christian. Ask your pastor for advice and see if this changes your view of Jesus.