Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
well I dunno.... I'm an NF and I'm defently a thinker :p intuitive feelers and intuitive thinkers I think both are very intelectual. I think the huge contrast though is how we think. NTs usaully want the facts and don't give a rats toot about theories that can't be proven or are not proven. NFs are the exact opposite and are always open to "mystery" and the idea that humans can't prove and know everything. I'm an NF and I know this is true for me personally.

I just don't get why you think N's are more down to earth than S's? :)

I'm an SJ ;)

"SJs are realistic, routinized administrators requiring tasks be completed correctly and that people behave appropriately. SJs are not driven by impulse, but rather by concrete fact."

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

I don't remember saying that I'm sorry :) if anything I probably think T's are more down to earth than Fs are and I'm an F :p Ts tend to deal with the raw facts while F's tend to be dreamers of possabilities :) I'm not even sure I know the diffrence between and N and an S actully...

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
well I dunno.... I'm an NF and I'm defently a thinker :p intuitive feelers and intuitive thinkers I think both are very intelectual. I think the huge contrast though is how we think. NTs usaully want the facts and don't give a rats toot about theories that can't be proven or are not proven. NFs are the exact opposite and are always open to "mystery" and the idea that humans can't prove and know everything. I'm an NF and I know this is true for me personally.

It is not always set in stone like that, but the general trend is correct. I am an INTJ (The type most likely to turn atheist apparently, though I would give that prize to INTPs.) and I plan to go into ministry. Just shows it is not perfect and that anyone of any type can be a thinker.

The difference between "N" and "S" would be how we perceive the world. "S" types take it in literally by concrete facts while "N" types prefer to take it in via their intuition. For say "ENFP's" their dominant trait is Extroverted Intuition where say "INTJ's" their dominant trait is Introverted Intuition. I'm sure there are links that describe it better than I do. I'll post a part of what I tried to describe to my mother when I had her take the test. :D

My email said:
ESFP stands for Extraverted Sensing Feeling Percieving
Did you read up the profile? This is what my girlfriend scored by the way.

I'll try and put it simply, since you don't know much.
The results are given by four letter codes each letter representing a dichotomy (two way) that affects a certain attribute of our personality.
Extraverstion and Introversion which deal with our social energies.
Sensing and iNtuition which deal with how we percieve things.
Thinking and Feeling which deal with how we make our decisions. (Judge things)
J and Percievingwhich have to do with our way of wanting things finalized or remaining open ended.

People who score E get energized by social interaction while people with I get drained with social interaction, and of course there are varying degrees.
Extroverts are typically outgoing and sociable, while introverts are usually reserved and shy. But that's not always how it works, and introvert can be great with people and everyone will love them, but still need alone time to "recharge" if you will.

People who score S are detail oriented and do things in a systematic step by step way and usually are concerned with concrete matters while people who score N are usually big picture oriented and tend to skip steps. These methods usually have their pros and cons, and I'm not too knowledgable on how this one works in real life. But each tend to notice things the other does not. An S will recognize a certain detail wrong an N may have not noticed, but an N can make connections and see things that aren't there. (I think everyone uses both to a certain degree, like when we try to predict "Who did it?" in those crime shows we used to watch all the time.)

Thinking and Feeling are how we make decisions, Thinking people are objective about their decisions and Feeling are subjective. These have their pros and cons too. Most men score thinking and most women score Feeling, but feeling doesn't necessarly mean over emotional.

J types like to make decisions and stick to them, while P types like to weigh their options for awhile and then make a decision, if they still have to. This one is hard for me too. I'll have to do some more research here.

ESFP is called "The entertainer", the life of the party or something like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am an ESFJ...the provider/caretaker/hostess. Almost every description I've read of an ESFJ is extremely close to my personality.

I've taken the test several times and gotten several different results.

INFJ, INFP, and one other I can't recall. I'm always introverted, intuitive though.

You are the ultimate N! :clap: I have always noticed that aspect of your personality.

I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I see a lot of later born types in iNtuitive, while their first born counterparts are more Sensing. The "N"'s are the type you see wandering around in used book/media stores at length. Or getting into pseudo-intellectual philosophical discussions which accomplish nothing.

It's interesting to see a firstborn N type. It's like perhaps they are a little more toned down, down to earth.

I'm a last born (4th) and I am very much an S...AND was raised totally around N's. Just throwing that out there. :)

I'm an SJ ;)

"SJs are realistic, routinized administrators requiring tasks be completed correctly and that people behave appropriately. SJs are not driven by impulse, but rather by concrete fact."

Yes, SJ's are typically extremely down-to-earth.

I don't remember saying that I'm sorry :) if anything I probably think T's are more down to earth than Fs are and I'm an F :p Ts tend to deal with the raw facts while F's tend to be dreamers of possabilities :) I'm not even sure I know the diffrence between and N and an S actully...
Actually the dreamers and idealists are iNtuative, not necessarily Feelers. I'm a feeler but I am by no means a dreamer. I focus on what is tangible, real, present, and what I observe through my senses and experiences, rather than on possibilities--this is the Sensing side, the opposite of iNtuitive.

Here is a good explanation of the four different categories: The Four Preferences

Upvote 0

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I see a lot of later born types in iNtuitive, while their first born counterparts are more Sensing. The "N"'s are the type you see wandering around in used book/media stores at length. Or getting into pseudo-intellectual philosophical discussions which accomplish nothing.

It's interesting to see a firstborn N type. It's like perhaps they are a little more toned down, down to earth.

I THINK my oldest brother is a N. My other brother, who is in the middle is a S. I'm a N...youngest.

I was looking up videos on youtube last night, and one idea I came across is how perhaps INFP's tend to switch a lot..even though they'll usually revert back to INFP. There have been phases in my life where I turn more into a INFJ. And there are moments when I am like a INTP. And it's not just that it something I want to be...but I tend to "become" other characters depending where I'm at or what I'm doing...or what I've been through. If anything, probably only the N has remained constant.

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what my oldest brother is. I've never met him.

My closer brother, who's 13 years older then me, and who I did somewhat grow up with since he graduated highschool when I was 4 and came back home every summer, I believe is an S.

Does anybody here take after a parent? Or are you totally different?

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Well, I'm an NT and thats certainly not true. I'm quite open to mystery. I don't know everything, I can't prove everything, and I'm perfectly ok admitting it. That would actually be the P part of my personality. I think it's the j type people who have a bigger tendency to dislike mystery, but it also comes down to personal development.

I think the main difference is head VS heart.

We NT's use our head and use logic to the point we often come across as cold and insensitive to others. We're quite objective and don't let our emotions really play much of a part in our decisions, we often neglect thinking about how others might feel about certain things. And we sometimes don't really understand heart over head decisions, why some people defy logic and base something off a feeling

Upvote 0