✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....are officially joining the PCA as of this coming Sunday. :clap:
We've attended this church for over 2 months now...and it is what the Holy Spirit led us too...even my former SBC pastor agreed. He and I are friends(seriously...he's supportive and sad..but understands my motivation regarding reformed theolgy!). He even said he'd give them a letter of transfer if they wanted...How about that??? :) :) :)

We meet with the Session at 10am Central time.
We are excited. Finally found the correct church "home".
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AMR

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well the session meeting went well...it was short and to the point when we met with them...and we answered to the 5 questions of faith for the PCA after sunday school and before the service this morning....and we were officially accepted as members by the session.

Our big interview was at our home last Tuesday evening with an associate pastor of ours.
He apparently reported back to the general session regarding our over 2 hour visit with him. Thoroughly enjoyable!!!! :)

The big thing was a first in this church we were told....the new pastor started there around the same time our first visit happened.
As a former baptist I was totally used to what happened:

We were announced to the church as new members during this morning's service...our pastor had us come up and he prayed over us with the congregation after a brief introduction to the church, and at the end were asked to come down for a meet and greet line. Every baptist church I've attended always do this...but a first here I guess and it went well. We were the first and not the last it seems. On our way down to the front, our associate pastor told us "this is new and our church isn't used to it, so we'll see how it goes.." I just chuckled and we went with it. It will happen again because over 100 people came thru to say hello to my wife and I. Our pastor's wife after the service asked how we felt up there and was it uncomfortable and we of course said no..cause it wasn't. ;) She basically stated that the session wanted to start this because they noticed that new members were kind of slipping under the radar after officially joining and it made it harder for everyone to meet the "new people" in the church. In the past the only way new members were known to the church was a little blurb in the announcements section of the weekly bulliten. This new way that they've chosen makes perfect sense to me, and we were honored to be the guniea pigs for this haha.
What a blessing!!!!!

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks all. :)

We had a church picnic later that same day...and it was so nice to be able to sit down and actually have people bring up reformed theology to me(and not the other way around!) IN person(no offense, I love you guys...just never had a sit down off a forum and discussed the sovereignty and Glory of our Lord God, and the Doctrines of Grace, etc.)! :)
Please forgive my obvious giddyness. ;)

Blessed times indeed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums