Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am posting this following a week of extraordinary growth in my walk with Jesus Christ. For several months I was controlled by my sins. I would repent, but quickly fall back to where I began. I wasn't following the advice of Galatians 5:1, which is: "Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

Well, last Saturday (one week ago) I decided once and for all, I've had enough of that! I've decided it's time for me to grow up and become the man who God wants me to be. So I prayed and asked God to forgive me for the disrespect I've shown towards Him, and asked for the strength to finally enter the land of promise. I've been wandering in the desert for long enough! It's been a week of victory and failure alike, as I re-learn to keep focussed on spiritual matters, and not on matters of the flesh.

I've realized my passion for teaching the Gospel. I've been looking for opportunities to share with my co-workers, and the Lord has already given me a few. My not-so-pleasant behaviors at work are being corrected, and I've promised the General Manager that he will see improvements.

My weaknesses are: lust, anger, selfishness, and religion. I constantly battle with lustful thoughts; I allow anger to consume me; I care more about myself than others; I am easily drawn away from the simplicity of the Gospel, by doctrines which complicate the Gospel. For this reason I have decided that I will never join a specific church organization. Millions of Christians are members of specific organizations with a clean conscience, and that is fine for them, but I've come to the conclusion it is not for me. :)

I believe the Church of Jesus Christ incorporates everyone who has faith in and follows Jesus Christ. I have faith that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and rose from the grave. I have faith that anyone who calls upon His name will be saved. This is the hope that gets me up in the morning. Not depressed as I used to be, but full of joy from the Lord. I enjoy reading the Bible again. It has been a long time since I so passionately craved reading the scriptures!

But the battle continues on. I continue to fall, but the Lord helps me back up. Please keep me in your prayers as I continue puting my faith in Jesus Christ. Pray that I will not rely on my own strength, but that I will be empowered by the Spirit to do what is right. :)

God bless you all.

Reactions: JamiArch

capnator

Jan 20, 2006
Queensland the Sunshine state :)
✟8,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
B®ent;26246944 said:
I am easily drawn away from the simplicity of the Gospel, by doctrines which complicate the Gospel. For this reason I have decided that I will never join a specific church organization. Millions of Christians are members of specific organizations with a clean conscience, and that is fine for them, but I've come to the conclusion it is not for me. :)

I believe the Church of Jesus Christ incorporates everyone who has faith in and follows Jesus Christ. I have faith that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and rose from the grave. I have faith that anyone who calls upon His name will be saved. This is the hope that gets me up in the morning. Not depressed as I used to be, but full of joy from the Lord. I enjoy reading the Bible again. It has been a long time since I so passionately craved reading the scriptures!

Interesting that you wrote this bit! God has shown me that exact thing as well when sorting me out. He told me focus on the simple easily understood parts of scripture and build on that!

Although rather than saying that you won't join a "specific" church, rather just pray and tell God you'll be where he wants you, and willing to move anywhere at anytime at his direction, be a branch in the vine. Be a mirror reflecting God to the world, be a tool in the Hand of your God. Earnestly seek God's will in your life with much prayer.

May Our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ bless you in your walk.

Reactions: B®ent
Upvote 0