Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings everyone. My name is Nils, I live in Germany and I'm 25.
I wish to leave my testimony here too. I have Asperger's and ADHD BTW, and that is as personal as I desire to get.
As far as my walk with God is concerned, well, I always had thoughts about something spiritual, something we do not see. As a kid I did sometimes pray to God, but I didn't know who God could be. I was taught about Jesus in church and religious class, that he died on the cross for our sins, but never saw it as important. In October/November 2014, at age 17, I realized that this life cannot be all. There must be an afterlife. But it took me three more years to really accept Jesus. I only knew Jesus as a moral teacher, but not someone who claims to be God. OK, at the same time (in 2014) I did search for people dying and coming back to life. One did mention heaven and Jesus. But I really didn't believe it was true. It was like "OK, all those people just dreamt."

Then, in July of 2017, I for the first time saw a Christian YT channel from a female user who was, I believe, a Pentecostal. I had seen some Christian videos before, but an entire channel? No. Her beliefs, as far as I am concerned, were a bit weird, but all I knew is that being an Atheist was no option for me. Two and a half months late, I then saw another Christian YouTuber commenting under a Klaus Kinski interview, and I couldn't help, but too went on his channel, and was now even more convinced. Three weeks afterwards, I went on an evangelical website which really explained the entire gospel, and then another one, which was in my language. Now I was 100 %ly sure what truth is. I am not sure if which day I confessed Jesus as LORD with my mouth. My first two months as a Christian were extremely fruitful.

Sadly, as 2018 came I began to backslide FOR YEARS. How? Well, I just couldn't overcome many addictions. I was a pathetic example for a Christian. I was very prideful all over 2018. I would often debate online, and didn't want to lose. I didn't glorify the LORD. The pride eventually turned into depression. I even fell out of the Christian religion for a while and returned more than once. In December 2022 I had enough. I prayed to God that he has mercy on me and may "rebuild" me again. When my cousin died earlier this year - she was only 20 - I realized I had to get serious, stop justifying my hateful behavior and repent. I needed to allow the Holy Spirit to work on me. I still have not won the battle, but I am getting closer. I have overcome my gaming addiction, fornication among some other sins I may not be getting into, but I am far from perfect (1 John 1:8). However, some things I still miss. I need to find someone to baptize me.

I do not really have a statement of faith now. My beliefs changed very often, yet our authority is the Bible, and it is not so hard to understand IMHO. It's only hard if you listen to people's sermons. So, please don't send sermons to me. It can be refreshing to watch them, but they can also be dangerous like junk food, for there's only one truth. I do believe the following things tho:
-the Bible as God's word (I use the KJV, but I ain't KJV only, don't worry)
-the Trinity as described in 1 John 5:7
-hell is real
-salvation by grace, no works
-discipleship, including baptism in Jesus' name and the LORD's supper

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish to leave my testimony here too. I have Asperger's and ADHD BTW, and that is as personal as I desire to get.
As far as my walk with God is concerned, well, I always had thoughts about something spiritual, something we do not see. As a kid I did sometimes pray to God, but I didn't know who God could be. I was taught about Jesus in church and religious class, that he died on the cross for our sins, but never saw it as important. In October/November 2014, at age 17, I realized that this life cannot be all. There must be an afterlife. But it took me three more years to really accept Jesus. I only knew Jesus as a moral teacher, but not someone who claims to be God. OK, at the same time (in 2014) I did search for people dying and coming back to life. One did mention heaven and Jesus. But I really didn't believe it was true. It was like "OK, all those people just dreamt."

Then, in July of 2017, I for the first time saw a Christian YT channel from a female user who was, I believe, a Pentecostal. I had seen some Christian videos before, but an entire channel? No. Her beliefs, as far as I am concerned, were a bit weird, but all I knew is that being an Atheist was no option for me. Two and a half months late, I then saw another Christian YouTuber commenting under a Klaus Kinski interview, and I couldn't help, but too went on his channel, and was now even more convinced. Three weeks afterwards, I went on an evangelical website which really explained the entire gospel, and then another one, which was in my language. Now I was 100 %ly sure what truth is. I am not sure if which day I confessed Jesus as LORD with my mouth. My first two months as a Christian were extremely fruitful.

Sadly, as 2018 came I began to backslide FOR YEARS. How? Well, I just couldn't overcome many addictions. I was a pathetic example for a Christian. I was very prideful all over 2018. I would often debate online, and didn't want to lose. I didn't glorify the LORD. The pride eventually turned into depression. I even fell out of the Christian religion for a while and returned more than once. In December 2022 I had enough. I prayed to God that he has mercy on me and may "rebuild" me again. When my cousin died earlier this year - she was only 20 - I realized I had to get serious, stop justifying my hateful behavior and repent. I needed to allow the Holy Spirit to work on me. I still have not won the battle, but I am getting closer. I have overcome my gaming addiction, fornication among some other sins I may not be getting into, but I am far from perfect (1 John 1:8). However, some things I still miss. I need to find someone to baptize me.

I do not really have a statement of faith now. My beliefs changed very often, yet our authority is the Bible, and it is not so hard to understand IMHO. It's only hard if you listen to people's sermons. So, please don't send sermons to me. It can be refreshing to watch them, but they can also be dangerous like junk food, for there's only one truth. I do believe the following things tho:
-hell is real
Welcome!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

-hell is real
Welcome to CF Nils;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

Peace in Jesus
mnorian

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟63,848.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

hello_friend.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums,
Nils!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I was very prideful all over 2018. I would often debate online, and didn't want to lose.

After years of debate experience, my opinion now is that the purpose of online debate is learning, not winning.

Welcome to Christian Forums. There is plenty of debate to be had here—through which I pray that we all grow in understanding and wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After years of debate experience, my opinion now is that the purpose of online debate is learning, not winning.

Welcome to Christian Forums. There is plenty of debate to be had here—through which I pray that we all grow in understanding and wisdom.
Afraid you're right brother.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0