• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My testimony living with OCD/Scrupulosity

tono77

Aug 18, 2014
✟15,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi I am new into this chat, and just wanted to share what I been going through for almost 3 years.

I gave my life to Jesus and was saved in 2008 , at a night I will never forget, God started to work on my character and to give me a new mind and heart, I was full of joy , love , kindness, patience, faith, and most important PEACE.

I spend some many days enjoying my relationship with The Lord Jesus, I would hear Him talking to me, and feeling HIS great presence. I would have worries and problems like anyone else , but God would always lift me, and restore me, when I would pray with faith, and God would comfort my soul.

In 2009 I was very hunger for learning and walk better with God, so I begun to go to the internet, and read many 'Christian Websites' , and Sermons. I begun to follow different preachers, and their teachings, and slowly stopped to pray , and reading the Bible.... I stopped praying, but still I would go regularly to my church, by the way I attend a Pentecostal church, well my church always have prayer, so I would pray there, so that always helped, me.

In my church some of my sisters have the Gift of prayer in tongues, so I would just listen them and I knew that was a powerful prayer, and that they have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I never was taught tough about the Holy Spirit too much , the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and the Gifts. But I was very curious on how to receive it.

I found in the internet that water baptism was sometimes mentioned for people who wanted to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So I asked my pastor to baptize me in 2010, and I was baptized, in the name of the father,the Son, and the Holy Spirit, my walk with the Lord, was still very good, I would feel lots conviction about sin, and have a sound mind.

But in 2011, I started to play with sin, and sinning in many ways, and so I also stopped praying and reading my bible. (BIG MISTASKE) I was hardly feeling God's presence at this point due to unconfessed sins.

In 2011 I readed the Bible book of Matthew 12 Verse
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Short after, I begun having blasphemous thoughts and feel very scared , because this toughts would pop out even in church!! I was afraid and did not know how they entered, I was really sure they came from my heart.

I never told nobody about this problem, and I was still going regularly to church, but that OCD, and toughts would keep bothering me,,,, Instead of asking the pastor, I went online again, and look for help, and someone said there, that he had those too, and that by praying in tongues this would go away. So, I started to be alone in my house , and even tough I didn't have the gift I would practice , and imitate some other people tongues, but that didn't feel right,but still I kept doing it.

One day April 2012, I went to a house alone, kneeled down, and I forced myself, to speak in other tongues, I just close my eyes, and started uttering words, but in my own knowledge and flesh...one day in this house I saw a beautiful dove flying close to my and standing on a three. I felt happy to see this dove, it was beautiful.

My OCD worsened, after this experience, and so I asked for help in my church, and they prayed for me several nights, but I couldn't recover, I spoke to my teacher, and I told I was worried about the unpardonable sin, and he said, well the only unforgivable sin is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and I asked Him, can you tell me a example? and so he said, well is for example when you heard someone praying in tongues and you mock them, and imitate their tongues,,,,

That was one of the hardest days on my life, I felt doom to hell, and I told him, you know, I been trying to receive this gift and many times I would try it, and practice in my own.

As soon I knew that my OCD turned to fear, depression, anxiety and even suicidal thoughts,

since then I been going to many many Christian pastors and brothers and ask the about this sin. but nothing comforts me.

I can barely pray, I feel I have no forgivness, cant feel God presence, and hardly read or understand sermons. I am close to spiritual death.

Even that way, I am thankful for everyday God gives me life, I am looking nd seeking God, but I cannot hear him, or feel His presence.

I don't believe in the doctrine , of OSAS, I d believe that a Christian can fall away and reject his salvation.

I try to keep hope, and been trying to keep my family and others in this. I really hope I haven't commited this sin.

I suffer OCD, anxiety, depression, and I fear I even that I could have demons harassing me and oppressing me... (I feel those strange sensations while I pray or surrounded by many people) , which is really disturbing...

If you are goin thrugh the same, my best advice to is to trust and seek God, Only HIM can help us go through all the problems of this life, OCD is fed by our fears, and if we keep looking videos or answers is just get worst...

I can say that by the grace of God I am much better than I used to be years back, OCD has decreased now, I am able to cope with it daily, and I keep believing there will be deliverance and healing one day, If you want to share your story with me feel free to PM , I think it always helps to share with other Christians our struggles, but most important , is always better to bring it to Jesus Christ, and leave your burdens upon HIM

Feel free to PM me , If I can be of any help, I would gladly be.

Regards

Tono77

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi tono77

How are you? God loves you. He loves you He loves you He loves you. God rejoices and delights over you with much singing. You are His precious child your name is engraved in the palm of His hand. Heavenly Father please grant your child peace help him to not be worried by the thoughts help him to know they are out of his control and he has not sinned. Please google Grantley Morris scrupulosity. Are you taking medication? It will help our brains our not producing serotonin and taking medication will help. Bless you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jusme

May 19, 2012
Mississippi, USA
✟8,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Tono,
I hope you are well!

I know this is not the board to discuss the OSAS controversy. But it, IMO is so detrimental to us Christians with OCD as so many Christians with scrupulosity are always struggling with the "unforgivable sin" thing. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss it. NOT argue about it, just discuss it.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Orlando
✟15,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello friend!

Thanks for sharing your testimony! Couple months ago, I wouldn’t have believed other people were going through this same problem- OCD. And about a year ago, I was at an all time LOW. I can’t honestly say that God/Jesus Christ has honestly gotten me through this because it’s hard. It gets hard sometimes at night or when I’m doing anything and get a bad thought. But I’m here to tell you and anyone reading that GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE! Once I started really reading my Bible, studying it, listening to sermons- it’s helped so much. So much. My friends don’t be discouraged! Always remember, these thoughts don’t define me! Christ is within me, saving me! You have nothing to worry about because God would never let anything take you away from him!

Upvote 0