Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted a thread that I could ask questions as I studied the bible and thought about whether I should start a new thread every time I had a question. I guess next time I will but these few responses have answered my questions. Yours was especially understandable and I thank you.
Wow, a lot to take in on the sons of God. I wonder why they weren't introduced in the first 6 days as what they were. So we are really descendants of Noah not Adam. Makes me wonder what the original 'humans' were like. It seems like they are mentioned as if God didn't create them.

Since Noah is Adam's descendant, we are descended from both. :)

I don't think one thread matters too much only you will find people jumping later answering earlier questions as they won't notice the subject topic has changed.

I'm a little confused by your last statement. God created Adam on the sixth day, he and Eve were the original humans. The angels were created before man.
Job 38: 4,7
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. . . when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The angels witnessed the creation of the earth.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't think one thread matters too much only you will find people jumping later answering earlier questions as they won't notice the subject topic has changed.

I'm a little confused by your last statement. God created Adam on the sixth day, he and Eve were the original humans. The angels were created before man.
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. . . when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The Nephilim were one of the reasons for the flood, they are no more. And the angels (son's of God) who sinned by making them are kept in chains for judgment.

I meant to edit and replied to myself instead lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Sorry, I th

Sorry, I think I am my worst enemy causing confusion for myself and others. Of course Adam is a part of our genealogy, my bad:)
I hadn't been to bed yet when I posted that but probably what I meant by the last paragraph is that it seemed like God was separating himself, as in they weren't his, from the humans when he said what he said. Just how it looked to me when I read it.
" My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever"
How do you get the color in your words?
Thank you for your insightful post.:)

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you get the color in your words?
Thank you for your insightful post.:)

I just recently learned how to do that. I find it helpful to make the Bible quotes blue.
Go up to the half sun/moon circle above ^ that shows when you make a reply. Under there is a whole range of text colours. :)

I hope we don't add to the confusion with different views either, because one things for sure there will be over some passages.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
God was disappointed with the humans and yet it was the angels (sons of God)in my mind that did the bad thing.?

I am not seeing it. Is the half moon on the page when I go to make a post?

I have learned so much from the comments on this topic, I am very grateful. The confusion is in me and I don't believe anyone else can make it worse, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God was disappointed with the humans and yet it was the angels (sons of God)in my mind that did the bad thing.?

I am not seeing it. Is the half moon on the page when I go to make a post?

I have learned so much from the comments on this topic, I am very grateful. The confusion is in me and I don't believe anyone else can make it worse, lol.

Both humans and the fallen angels did the wrong thing.

I took a screenshot of my reply screen here and circled the text colour button in red. HTH.
Text Colours.png

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
@coffee4you
I can't seem to reply to your post above? I did but it didn't appear. And now it won't let me so I have to do it from scratch.
I don't have that scale you posted at all.
It must be a different software of browser.
I wish I had it:)
Thank you for the trouble you went to.
Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You're welcome. In the future, it's typical to start a new thread for a new subject. That way you'll come to the notice of people who may be especially knowledgeable of it.

In early Jewish and Christian belief the "sons of God" are a high-ranking class of angels. They are like us in that they have free will and can be given authority.

They are called specifically "sons of God" in four places:
  • Genesis 6 - They mate with human women and produce very tall sons.
  • Deuteronomy 32 - They are given authority over the nations of men after the rebellion at Babel.
  • Job 1 - They present themselves before God in the heavenly court.
  • Job 38 - They shout for joy as they watch God create the earth.
They also appear in other places without being so labeled, such as in Psalm 82 (the "gods") and Daniel 10 (the princes of Greece and Persia).

Some of them eventually turned against God and in the NT are called "principalities" in Paul's letters.

Btw, this is the tip of a ...huge... subject. Entire books are written about these beings. I have some links if you want to pursue this.
I would like those links if you think I could understand them and it is not to much trouble for you.
IF too much I appreciate the offer.
Bless you!

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started studying a Chronological bible recently and was reminded of this scripture.
"3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast."
I don't understand why God treated Cain as he did and wonder the outcome had he showed the same love to Cain as he did Abel.
Do you understand why God rejected Cain and his gift?

My minority opinion might give you some light on the matter. If you look at Gen 4:7 "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him." and research that word "sin" you will find that it is also translated as sin offering. Taking the same view as Abraham with his Ram which was given just prior to him offering his son you might think that God gave Cain a sin offering and it was waiting as the door of his place. All Cain had to do was go get it and offer it. Cain of course did not and was willfully disobedient as you can see when he killed Able. Remember that God gave His Son as a sacrifice for us and only asks that we believe in it now. God makes it easy.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't understand why God treated Cain as he did and wonder the outcome had he showed the same love to Cain as he did Abel.
There was no difference in God's Love.

The rejection of Cain may have been a serious , life and death, warning to multitudes of people who don't listen,
who show up on Judgment Day, thinking their "gift"/ offering/ life has been approved by God,
and are told get lost, everything you did was not because of obedience to Me, no, everything you did for show. Be gone forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I would like those links if you think I could understand them and it is not to much trouble for you.
Bless you!
If you can find other references I don't have at hand, you can see that the angels never took to themselves wives on earth.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@coffee4you
I can't seem to reply to your post above? I did but it didn't appear. And now it won't let me so I have to do it from scratch.
I don't have that scale you posted at all.
It must be a different software of browser.
I wish I had it:)
Thank you for the trouble you went to.
Blessings

Your post showed up and then disappeared and now reappeared, I thought you must have edited it. :)

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I started studying a Chronological bible recently and was reminded of this scripture.
"3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast."
Yes, I do understand. Because Cain was not Adam's son, he was Satan's son, who as the Apostle Paul put it, wholly seduced Eve.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Bless you!
Sure. Here's an article on the Logos Bible Software site:

Who (or What) Were the Nephilim? - LogosTalk

That scholar has written books on the subject. You can find them on amazon by typing his name, "Michael Heiser", in the Books section.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I do understand. Because Cain was not Adam's son, he was Satan's son, who as the Apostle Paul put it, wholly seduced Eve.

Cain was very much Adam's son.

Genesis 4 NKJ
4 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.” 2 Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel.

If you need clearer language of what "Knew his wife" means, it's sex.
NIV
4 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.

Upvote 0