✟22,333.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So here’s my story , sorry it’s long.

so many people have these amazing testimonies weather it’s saved due to something huge or something traumatic.

my story is more like a jigsaw puzzle slowly put together.

growing up life wasn’t easy there was always struggles and many pan full situations no child should go through but I’m glad I did so I can really appreciate what god has done for my siblings and I.

I was born premature , my sister said something like 2 or 3 months earlier because my heart rate was failing and failing fast and honestly shouldn’t have made it .

our family was terrible and I mean terrible, I come from a family with 4 generations of users and abusers to the point my biological mother didn’t know who her brother’s kids were. I highly doubt she knew who her kids were half the time .

I was quite young when the social worker took use for good. So I spent my first four years in and out of the foster system and I got sick when I was 3 and almost died from Guillain-Barré syndrome and was left in a wheelchair chair for year and was told I wouldn’t be able to walk again and would be in a institution by the time I was 13.

my older brother and I got adopted and 4 and 5 but the older sister 11 I think slipped through the system.

just some back ground info my mom well who I call mom was telling me when we first came to live with them my brother didn’t know if he was going to be able to eat the next day so he would take left overs and hide them underneath his bed and that’s not the way a 5 year old should be thinking of .

my brother grew up with a lot of problems off all kinds. Mental and emotional and sadly it hasn’t changed for him . At 32 he’s still a train wreck.

growing up in our adopted home we were raised in the church even forced to go to church and that’s a huge part of my story.

One year when we were visiting my grandmother we were making skid marks with our bikes when I was tossed out into the oncoming traffic! When I turned I found nose touching the front tire of a car . So any later I would have be killed and I’ve never saw the look of fear on anyone like I did that day .

a few years later I was playing out side on the farm and it was spring time so the fields where flood and frozen over when I fell through the ice and I can’t swim. This is probably the second most terrifying situation I’ve ever been in. I still remember seeing the weeds go pass my head and my brother taking off, the struggle trying to climb back up but the ice kept breaking from under me . I remember when I finally got out meeting my parents running out to try to get me and how red my body was, and not to mention the what if and I think that’s when it really clicked that we weren’t alone in this universe.

after a few years when I was in high school is when I got baptized and admitted my faith but that was really only because I couldn’t accept that all this came from nothing and well I should be dead.

I’ve had a few ruff goes after that most were gym accidents like dropping 135lbs on my throat, dropping 100 pounds on my forehead and falling and being pined under 175lbs on a squat cage .

but things didn’t really start to happen till I was graduated and my brother was diagnosed with bipolar and I can’t get into a lot but at this time we had three younger siblings who I just adore and two of them are parents. Two younger brothers and a younger sister.

due to the older brother’s issues I found out years later the younger sister was sleeping with a knife under her pillow in case the older brother started to go after her sadly there was an incident that involved knives and dad didn’t know what he was going to go home to .

the year before my brother moved out into a home for mentally disabled people is when the real eye opener happened.

the siblings and I were home alone when The older brother went into full out blackout mode and wouldn’t let any of the kids out and I think the next oldest might have been 10 or 11 . I didn’t know what to do but I was a little full of myself since I was an advent gym goer and it was nothing to bike 40km a day so I tackled him down a flight of stairs and the kids got out and hid in the van but I didn’t make it out because I knew both my feet were off the ground and I couldn’t do anything I was frozen in fear.
I’ve never been so terrified in my life and honestly thought I was going to die because there wasn’t anyone on the farm but for some reason my father’s late brother showed up and hauled him off me .

he must’ve come to check the cows
I honestly believe if he hadn’t if shown up I wouldn’t be here.

we were all relieved when the older brother finally moved and we finally had some peace in the house.

with in the next year I was biking at night and almost impaled myself with a tractor attachment that wasn’t properly put away .

you know the one with the big spike to move the bails of straw.

my first year living on my own some issues arose in my church and I went to another church for a while but stopped thinking “I don’t need church, I can still be a Christian and not go to church”

man was I wrong, nothing bad ever happened during that it was just dark and and nasty and when I started going to going the darkness went away.

And now you know my story.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is great. You are blessed to have faith. We all have negatives and trauma in life. I have learned to accentuate the positives rather than dwell on the negatives. Thanks for sharing. I fell thru the ice once myself and it certainly is terrifying. I saw nobody had replied to your testimony. That is why I replied. If I can hear you, you should know that God does too. Here's to hoping you keep faith, hope and love in your life my friend. Peace

Upvote 0

Jared MacNeill

Feb 27, 2022
O’Leary
✟22,333.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God is great. You are blessed to have faith. We all have negatives and trauma in life. I have learned to accentuate the positives rather than dwell on the negatives. Thanks for sharing. I fell thru the ice once myself and it certainly is terrifying. I saw nobody had replied to your testimony. That is why I replied. If I can hear you, you should know that God does too. Here's to hoping you keep faith, hope and love in your life my friend. Peace
Thanks . I’ve actually had a really blessed week if I say so . I had the opportunity to spend a few days with my nephew who’s not quite a year and a half yet . It was just me and him and he would climb my couch to watch tv while sitting on my lap . One day we went to the church and he would leave my side he just dances and had a death grip on my shirt jumping up and down snd laughing.
These little moments are a lot more special than I thought they’d be .

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks . I’ve actually had a really blessed week if I say so . I had the opportunity to spend a few days with my nephew who’s not quite a year and a half yet . It was just me and him and he would climb my couch to watch tv while sitting on my lap . One day we went to the church and he would leave my side he just dances and had a death grip on my shirt jumping up and down snd laughing.
These little moments are a lot more special than I thought they’d be .
I hear you. During the covid isolation period I didn't see my kids or grandkids very much at all. Then when I did see them I really appreciated how special time with loved ones can be. Being an empty nester in my 50s I can feel lonesome quite a bit. I'm learning to deal with it better now. It helps that I finally started working again and getting back into living life. Have a great day my friend.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is so sad to learn of the truama a lot of youngsters have endured growing up, and thankfully there is a loving God who watches over us. He knows all about us, and has us in His sight. He also knows WHO will receive His "...so great salvation" in His "..beloved Son": the Lord Jesus". I hope that includes you: Jared! Have you received the Lord Jesus into your heart now (as God shows in John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc.) of our Holy Bible? Let me urge you to seek God by His promises.

Our Creator-God speaks to us often to draw us from our earthly ways to Himself. I hope you will listen to Him now that He has rescued you from a sad life experience, and be reading the Gospel books of the Bible, as God intends for us. We must not be guessing about God, but get acquainted with Him; and that comes from receiving the Lord Jesus into our heart and "...bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ", as God tells us; making Him your 'best friend'. God HAS shown you mercies, friend, so NOW receive His "so great salvation" in His "..beloved Son"; our Lord Jesus; and not only have eternal life forever in Heaven one day, but blessings now on earth as you walk daily with our Savior: the Lord Jesus always.

I did not grow up in a Christian home, but had a godly grandmother and she inspired me to read the Word of God. I was saved over 60 years ago by making the Lord Jesus my lord and 'best Friend' in faith and confession of Him. It has made my life good. We don't need a specific Church to attend, but one truly NEEDS to find a sound Bible-only fellowship that preaches the clear Gospel message as shown in John 3:16, for happy and supportive friends who also love the Lord Jesus.
Feel free to write me personally at the Conversation page here on CF, if you wish to chat about our new life in the Lord Jesus, friend. --1watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0