Father, Husband, Pastor, Geek
Apr 6, 2006
Texas
✟15,265.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
As a pastor, I am often in the position of having my church members seek pastoral counseling from me.

As a student pastor, however, I am ill-equipped in most cases. I'm learning, and I am, sometimes, useful enough for one or two talks, but then I humbly realize I am over my head, and I help whoever it is that needs help get *real* help by sending them to professionals.

Let me offer you this advice: we're all in over our heads with this issue. Nobody here is equipped to help you deal with this issue over the internet. Seek professional help *immediately*. Seriously, before you even close this browser, find a number to call and call it.

You have been given a phenominal opportunity. It's absolutely amazing that your child has confided this in you, and it absolutely speaks wonders about your parent/child relationship. This openness is a gift from God, and you have a window to do something about it. Please, please, please use this opportunity and get professional help immediately.

Not as soon as possible -- do it now.

My prayers are with you.

Blessings,

Jonathan

Reactions: Sisof8
Upvote 0

Rhylla

Apr 12, 2006
✟7,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jonahan said:
As a pastor, I am often in the position of having my church members seek pastoral counseling from me.

As a student pastor, however, I am ill-equipped in most cases. I'm learning, and I am, sometimes, useful enough for one or two talks, but then I humbly realize I am over my head, and I help whoever it is that needs help get *real* help by sending them to professionals.

Let me offer you this advice: we're all in over our heads with this issue. Nobody here is equipped to help you deal with this issue over the internet. Seek professional help *immediately*. Seriously, before you even close this browser, find a number to call and call it.

You have been given a phenominal opportunity. It's absolutely amazing that your child has confided this in you, and it absolutely speaks wonders about your parent/child relationship. This openness is a gift from God, and you have a window to do something about it. Please, please, please use this opportunity and get professional help immediately.

Not as soon as possible -- do it now.

My prayers are with you.

Blessings,

Jonathan

i asked my husband about this, he works with all sorts of kids with all sorts of problems, and he says exactly what Jonathan just said!
good advice there

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.