Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your reply. To answer your question my father passed away. He's been gone about 3 years.
I'm sorry to hear that (read that). Prior to his passing.....what was your relationship like?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Struggling said:
I have a tendency to be distant and to push people away if I feel they are getting too close. I'm not really sure yet what it is that I'm so afraid of.
This seems to be what you need to figure out. You're not alone.....it seems that most people would rather create some sort of "mask" to present to others rather than be their true self (but you seem to be acknowledging the shallowness in that--sort of like Solomon).

You may relate to these videos (and if you like reading....his book Scary Close):

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Struggling3

Apr 21, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟5,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This seems to be what you need to figure out. You're not alone.....it seems that most people would rather create some sort of "mask" to present to others rather than be their true self (but you seem to be acknowledging the shallowness in that--sort of like Solomon).

You may relate to these videos (and if you like reading....his book Scary Close):

Upvote 0

Struggling3

Apr 21, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟5,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is so true of me...I am rarely ever my real self around anyone. I only allow people to see parts of me...the parts of me that I'm not ashamed of.

Thank you so much! I will certainly watch these videos and I love to read so maybe I will pick up this book as well.

I would like to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for all of the incredibly helpful advice and prayers. I admit I was terrified of posting my secret addiction here in fear of judgement and ridicule but I got the opposite instead. Truly brothers and sisters in Christ you all are. Thank you!

• Friendly
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree.

But about your husband, don't you think maybe you should be pressing him a little harder that you really want to be serious? Next time he starts pinching you and telling you how good you'd be roasted, grab him firmly by his family jewels and then summarily push him off the bed, face first. That might get the message across.
I suppose that would work. But that implies I am truly bothered by that quirk in or relationship. The truth is I am really not. Yes, him not engaging me intellectually is annoying some times but the physical intimacy that results from that is mind blowing. I was just using that situation as an illustration to @Struggling3 that the fine people here have been more than helpful in helping me fulfill my curiosities in matters of faith.

Reactions: Struggling3
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ha Ha! This guy is great! And yes, ladies. If you think this is bad amongst yourselves, you have no idea how common this is among men. We HAVE to be tough. It's usually only the really strong ones that develop the courage to come out and say, "You know what, I'm a sensitive guy. And if any one of you people don't like it you can go jump off a bridge."
I would like to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for all of the incredibly helpful advice and prayers. I admit I was terrified of posting my secret addiction here in fear of judgement and ridicule but I got the opposite instead. Truly brothers and sisters in Christ you all are. Thank you!

You are so welcome. And quite frankly I find this an absolutely fascinating subject matter that is well worthy of more than just a few passing posts. Please, if you can, continue exploring this with us as deeply as it goes. I think it has immense ramifications for how the true body of Christ is supposed to be relating to one another, i.e. on a true level. Brings to mind the following verses: (Ephesians 4:15-16; Ephesians 4:25).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose that would work. But that implies I am truly bothered by that quirk in or relationship. The truth is I am really not. Yes, him not engaging me intellectually is annoying some times but the physical intimacy that results from that is mind blowing. I was just using that situation as an illustration to @Struggling3 that the fine people here have been more than helpful in helping me fulfill my curiosities in matters of faith.

Oh. OK, I get it. Very good.

Then carry on! <chuckle>

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is so true of me...I am rarely ever my real self around anyone. I only allow people to see parts of me...the parts of me that I'm not ashamed of.

Thank you so much! I will certainly watch these videos and I love to read so maybe I will pick up this book as well.

(((Hugs)))......we're all in this together.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you think this is bad amongst yourselves, you have no idea how common this is among men. We HAVE to be tough. It's usually only the really strong ones that develop the courage to come out and say, "You know what, I'm a sensitive guy.
I don't want to take away from Struggling's thread---but this is one of my favorite topics to discuss. I'm going to start a new thread---I hope you'll add to it :)

ETA: here is the new thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to take away from Struggling's thread---but this is one of my favorite topics to discuss. I'm going to start a new thread---I hope you'll add to it :)

I promise I will. But I want you to reference a link to it from here. I have so much stuff I get involved in that I tend to miss things sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I promise I will. But I want you to reference a link to it from here. I have so much stuff I get involved in that I tend to miss things sometimes.
Will do (I'm creating it right now--I will edit to add once it's done).

Upvote 0

Struggling3

Apr 21, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟5,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ha Ha! This guy is great! And yes, ladies. If you think this is bad amongst yourselves, you have no idea how common this is among men. We HAVE to be tough. It's usually only the really strong ones that develop the courage to come out and say, "You know what, I'm a sensitive guy. And if any one of you people don't like it you can go jump off a bridge."

You are so welcome. And quite frankly I find this an absolutely fascinating subject matter that is well worthy of more than just a few passing posts. Please, if you can, continue exploring this with us as deeply as it goes. I think it has immense ramifications for how the true body of Christ is supposed to be relating to one another, i.e. on a true level. Brings to mind the following verses: (Ephesians 4:15-16; Ephesians 4:25).
I will for sure! It is amazing how the body of Christ can come together. I am so grateful I took that first step in asking for help.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Struggling3

Apr 21, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟5,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By all means go ahead!! You are not stepping on my toes whatsoever. I am happy that I could stir up something that obviously needed to be brought out into the open.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟458,190.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That video certainly does look interesting. I'll give it a listen later. Struggling, we all struggle with things and as a Christian site, this place should be the last place of judgement. We have all fallen and we are all here to pick each other back up. :hug:

Upvote 0

Struggling3

Apr 21, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟5,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That video certainly does look interesting. I'll give it a listen later. Struggling, we all struggle with things and as a Christian site, this place should be the last place of judgement. We have all fallen and we are all here to pick each other back up. :hug:
100% agree...as brothers and sisters in Christ this should be a safe place...and as I've found out it certainly is. I still had fear posting about my struggle...but I know now that was probably the enemy whispering in my ear..."they will think you are ridiculous..a hypocrite".

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I still had fear posting about my struggle...but I know now that was probably the enemy whispering in my ear..."they will think you are ridiculous..a hypocrite".
We've probably all been there--but unless things are brought into the open and shared, they never get better/healed/transformed.....right? I think you're right---that it's our enemy that encourages the fear. I do believe that's where our enemy would like things kept---hidden and not healed.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
By all means go ahead!! You are not stepping on my toes whatsoever. I am happy that I could stir up something that obviously needed to be brought out into the open.
:)

I did start a new thread. I agree this needs to be brought out in the open. This --imo--is probably the part of the number one detriment to the health of the Body of Christ (the other part is the judgmental attitude--but even that, I think--is part of people fearing to "unmask" themselves).

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wow. Checked quickly and that thread has already taken off. I'll be there, just waiting for the time and energy. Been a tough week/month, but big time interested.

Upvote 0