New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been doing a Novena of Divine Promise which I posted on the board two days ago. I'm on day 25 of the total of 30 consecutive days of Mass and Communion required to complete the Novena. I have been asking the Lord to please help my son to be more responsible and to please act like the adult he is even though he is still our little boy at heart. You see, he is 29 years old and a cop and likes to live on the edge. He is a little old, 29, to tell him not to do things, but we worry. He has been wanting a motorcycle for two years. The last we knew he was fixing to buy one and the guy was bringing it to his house. At the same time 2 people were killed on motorcycles in our city in the same week. He has also been called to motorcycle wreaks where you just about have to pickup the peices. Both myself and my wife was really upset about it. I decided to increase my prayers simply that he be more responsible. I was right there in church everyday praying.
My wife just called. He had gone to visit a friend that was in a motorcycle accident. He found out that the friend will be confined to a wheelchair from now own. He was so moved that he has DECIDED NOT TO BUY A MOTORCYCLE. I was over come. Was it the prayers. I totally know that Our Lord has reached out and touched him and answered my prayers. I'm a believer in the power of prayer. Thank you Lord. You know that the Lord works in very strange ways.
Could I ask your prayers that my son will continue to see the light and to please pray for his friend that he may one day walk again.

In Christ, Mary, and all of the Saints, especially Saint Therese, GlynnW

J

Jamza

God has a hand in everything and hears all our prayers, so I don't believe coincidence has anything to do with our prayers being awnsered; they have been awnsered indeed.

Jesus, we pray for you're guiding hand to show Gynnw's son the way to you. We pray he'll quickly find the narrow gate to you and become you're follower, if he hasn't already. Either way, we pray you might lead him to safety and protect him from all dangers; please help him to become the man you want him to be, in your holy name, Amen.

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it's a coincidence. I think God answered your prayers. I'm a cop and from my experience it's the thing for a cop to have a motorcycle 'round these parts. You'd think after all the wrecks they've been to (usually never the cyclist's fault but the car speeding or failing to yield) they'd know better. We're home to one of the largest bike rallys in the U.S. so there's a ton of biker stuff year round. I don't have one nor plan to have one. If I lived in Wyoming or Montana where there was no traffic, I think it'd be fun but no thanks.

Upvote 0

Seek Ye First

Senior Veteran
Dec 19, 2004
✟18,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Hello Glynnw, I have been saying the 15 prayers of St bridget since April 2nd last year and I will finish on Saturday, they are to be recited for the whole year as requested by Our Lord. I also am a great believer in the power of prayer and I truly believe that if you pray from the heart your prayers will be answered. When I was a kid I recall praying to God when I was very sick. I begged God to relieve me and I was instantly better. Perservere in prayer. Col. 4:2 NEB . I will say a prayer for your son.:)

Upvote 0

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jamza said:
God has a hand in everything and hears all our prayers, so I don't believe coincidence has anything to do with our prayers being awnsered; they have been awnsered indeed.

Jesus, we pray for you're guiding hand to show Gynnw's son the way to you. We pray he'll quickly find the narrow gate to you and become you're follower, if he hasn't already. Either way, we pray you might lead him to safety and protect him from all dangers; please help him to become the man you want him to be, in your holy name, Amen.

Jamza, It is strange that you mention if our son is a follower of Christ, he is but has not been to Mass for years. He went to Catholic School for 12 years. This is something that I'm praying for also that he will return to the Church.. I became a Catholic in December but will not be confirmed until May 15. I intend to, and I've already asked him to attend and receive communion, which will require a confession. Pray that this will bring him back.

God Bless You, GlynnW

Upvote 0

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jukesk9 said:
I don't think it's a coincidence. I think God answered your prayers. I'm a cop and from my experience it's the thing for a cop to have a motorcycle 'round these parts. You'd think after all the wrecks they've been to (usually never the cyclist's fault but the car speeding or failing to yield) they'd know better. We're home to one of the largest bike rallys in the U.S. so there's a ton of biker stuff year round. I don't have one nor plan to have one. If I lived in Wyoming or Montana where there was no traffic, I think it'd be fun but no thanks.

You know jukesk9, I guess we are just worry wart parents, but it is something about flying down the highway on two wheels while you are only 12 inches off the ground that does not seem real smart, but as my son told us, look at how far he could go on a gallow of $2.00 gas. In a year or two may all be on motorcycles.

God Bless, GlynnW

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.