My new job (follow up from prayer request "In desperate need of 9-5")

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So for those who didn't read the "in desperate need of 9-5" prayer request,
I needed to get out of a job at a big box store that I had obtained last minute last year when unemployed. It served its purpose, but due to some person reasons and also discovering that I'm pregnant, I needed an easier schedule, more reliable hours, ability to sit down and have down time, etc.
Though I originally wanted only a 9-5, I branched out and was willing to accept anything that was in at least some ways easier/better for me as far as the down time/scheduling.

The answer to that was a jewelry store.
Not a 9-5, but an earlier closing, later opening, short sunday that doesn't interfere with church, down time because it's a quiet little store...and commission. It will start off a little tough...the hourly is less because of there being commission and the commission won't kick in for a month and I won't be able to get from 30 up to 40 hours for a couple of months because retail is a little slow right now and I have to be trained. But it has ample opportunity for growth. We will see how they respond to my pregnancy, which I won't bring up yet... and I'm in a state where it's illegal to fire me for that.

There could be more to the answer to the prayer, however...
I went to a few other job interviews just in case there WAS an ACTUAL 9-5 for me, and the result was that I ruled out one possible job due to it being a chaotic environment with a lot of fumes... but the other one, a nice quiet professional office, would be great. The owner can't give me an answer for at least 2 weeks, however.
Since I already have the jewelry store offer, I took it.
But if this other one were to offer something, I could actually take it and work the store around it on a few evenings/weekends to save up extra money for awhile.
So we shall see what happens in the long run

But amen to walking away from the big-box store.... in another couple of days.