• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

My new cat

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by ChristianForCats, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Bible Reader

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I spent 385 days living without a cat. That will change tomorrow. Naturally, my mom is totally unwilling to assume this adoption will be permanent because that is how she is, but I know God is leading me to a cat. I know He even told me to call her (now Aurora) Bella.

The adoption application now is completed. We will meet the adoption counselor and person who took care of Aurora, then have some time without them in the room before Mom signs the contract.

We are almost ready. I am recharging my camera battery to start taking pictures and maybe a few videos. (Of course I will post the best images.) Aurora will not get to see the living room and foyer right away but that area will be opened up before Mom's suite is.

Needless to say, I can't wait! In some ways, this is a new experience. Praise God!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Supporter

+2,187
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well praise God!!!! Happy you are getting your Bella!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  3. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thank you Mayflower! I saved the glitter image in your signature.

4. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Today is the day! I am counting down the hours now.

5. rhawk

rhawk I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic. Supporter

+2,083
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    Good luck with the new kitty! A new family is starting! :)

6. Mayflower1

+2,187
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I miss seeing my signature. I can't on my phone unless I go to my profile. Lol

7. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]

8. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I would not say that. We are doing a short trial with Bella to make sure it will work out before Mom hands over $100 and signs a contract.

9. Mayflower1

+2,187
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lol. I had to go to my profile page just to look at it again. Thanks for posting it. :) Good verse. I live Philippians. Cats too. I like cats. LOL!

10. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,837
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    A cat!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooo..........rrrrrr, woof!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Mayflower1

+2,187
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I will keep you in prayer. LOL (kidding. Dogs are fun too, but I have a cat).

12. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There is nothing to worry about. The veterinary hospital she was spayed at has separate waiting rooms at the front for cats and dogs.

13. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+528
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I've been wanting a cat for a few years now! Not fair!

But I'm trying to get an aquarium going currently. Cat will be in store for me someday.

14. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Why can't you adopt a cat?

15. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+528
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    My choice

16. rhawk

+2,083
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    So how is it going with your new kitty? No pictures for us yet?

17. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I was taught God never makes mistakes. When all signs pointed to one specific cat, I thought surely she is the cat God had planned for me. But I have scratch marks on both my hands and arms from petting her at the wrong times or in the wrong places. Bella is a very good cat for someone else. She is just not right for me as we had expected. Now I am not sure if it would do any good to post a new picture of a cat I will not have a few days later.

18. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,171
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Im so sorry it didnt work out to be a good cat for you.

19. ChristianForCats

+823
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Bella.jpg

I do not understand this. Why did God lead me to a cat who does not want to be petted, cuddled, held, or on laps indefinitely and draws blood to make me stop petting her?

I am now waiting for the adoption counselor to schedule to appointment at a "sanctuary" (part of a lady's private property) to return Bella and bring home a better cat. Keep praying!

20. rhawk

+2,083
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    Not all cats like to be handled and some need to learn to be and still others would be happy to be once they KNOW you and some just like it. It depends on the cat's purr-sonality AND how it was brought up (nature and nurture). A lot also must fall onto the owner. you need to understand how to read a cat (ears, whiskers, pupils, tail, back, etc.)Since cats cannot talk and if the person does not read them right, the only way they have to get you to stop is to use claws or mouth. In addition, assuming that you did pick a perfect cat, she is in a strange place with strange people and I would suggest using a feliway diffuser in the house to help calm her (or if one does not want to wait for the time for the feliway to permeate the home area and work, a thunder shirt helps.
    Also, a young cat (or kitten) has a lot of energy and you should do a good play session with them. This serves several purposes, it help you and the cat bond and releases the energy in her.

When you go back to the counselor, speak to them about how you can learn to read the cat and what you can do to help make the cat feel comfortable in the strange home

Just my 2ยข.