• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

My Leprechaun Challenge

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Split Rock, Jun 2, 2014.

Do Leprechauns exist?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm not sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Do Leprechauns exist?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael

Michael Contributor Supporter

+1,677
    Christian
    In fictional literature, or in real life?

3. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    In real life, of course.

4. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,503
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
  5. lesliedellow

lesliedellow Member

+2,537
    Calvinist
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    This inane question deserved a "yes" vote, so I gave it one, and now 66.67% of the voting public think leprechauns exist.

6. Michael

+1,677
    Christian
    In that case I'll deliberately fall for your 'trap' and say no. :)

7. Michael

+1,677
    Christian
    And you think I'm gullible. :)

8. topcare

topcare The Eucharist is Life

+1,587
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes, in the cereal isle in stores :D

9. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid Eccentric Eclectic Existentialist at work! Supporter

+7,799
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    EEwwwwwww!! The horns of a dilemma. :sorry:

....................supposedly.

The real question is: does it make any difference to us if they exist or not?

The answer: not really.

10. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+6,387
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It makes a difference if you want to find a pot of gold :p

11. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Hmmm.... 3, 5 and 2....... Are some of you not taking my Challenge seriously????????!!!!

12. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yah!!! Then creationism is a lie and I win!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

not sure why though....

13. Volokh

Volokh hiding

+69
    Christian
    Private
    pot of gold lie told by farries to get humans to hunt leprechauns.

14. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    4.5/5 stars for trolling. :thumbsup:

15. Michael

+1,677
    Christian
    Well, I'm glad I could help you "win" even if neither of us knows why or how you won. :) :thumbsup:

16. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    OK. Now that AVET has confirmed my suspicions concerning his thread, I can elaborate here.

Since people still believe in Leprechauns, that means that "Scientists" have not corrected them (because they only correct some mistakes and not others). Certainly, if "Scientists" tell people not to believe in Leprechauns, they will obey, after all. Since people do still believe, that means "Scientists" didn't correct them, which means that Science is NOT self-correcting!

Game, set, and match evos!!! :clap:

17. Michael

+1,677
    Christian
    Ah, I get it!

Apparently *Leslie* fell for your trap, not me! :thumbsup: ^_^

18. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,503
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Did Leprechauns evolve from pygmies/midgets or vice-versa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmies

Various theories have been proposed to explain the short stature of pygmies. Some studies suggest that it could be related to adaptation to low ultraviolet light levels in rainforests.[9][10] This might mean that relatively little vitamin D can be made in human skin, thereby limiting calcium uptake from the diet for bone growth and maintenance, and leading to the evolution of the small skeletal size.[11]

[​IMG]

Africa is thought to be the location of origin of modern humans within the past 200,000 years and the source of our dispersion across the globe within the past 100,000 years.
    It may be that Pygmies are in many ways derived in their phenotypes, relatively recent adaptations to contemporary exigencies.

Over the years one issue that crops up repeatedly in human evolutionary genetics and paleoanthropology (or more precisely, the popular exposition of the topics in the media) is the idea that is that “population X are the most ancient Y.” X will always refer to a population within a larger set, Y, which is defined by relative marginalization or retention of older cultural folkways. So, for example, I have seen it said that the Andaman Islanders are the “most ancient Asian population.” Why? The standard model for a while now has been that non-Africans derive from a line of Africans which left the ancestral continent 50 to 100 thousand years ago, and began to diversify...................

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014