✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In Lego terms MOC stands for My Own Creation

I figure if there's life on other planets then the Church has to eventually go out to greet them, and of course, the most important of those ambassadors would be the Bishop of Rome. So, I've quietly resuscitated a project I began years ago and have been building a papal inter-galactic spaceship. Currently it's over 80 studs long. It's mostly white, but clad in grey giving it the impression of a crusader. A nice red cross emblazoned on top would complete the image, but instead I'm finishing it with nice yellow and white accents. In the end, I hope it to be more white than gray.. I've yet to finish the cockpit/command center, but I've got a pod bay completed as well as a chapel, papal quarters, social areas an engineering room and a rocket bay.

I'm still wondering if I should weaponize it. I have started work on two Swiss Space Guards. I still need a space Popemobile.

I'll try to get some pictures posted, these Lego projects are hard to photograph. To this point, it's been a huge amount of fun to build. I know it may seem like a waste of time, but with what's going on in my life lately it's a great stress reliever.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Splendid, isn't it?

IMG_3317.JPG

Pod bay doors. Just under them is a ramp for the popemobile. It slides out quite a ways.

IMG_3322.JPG

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Any LEGO aficionados out there will know that the sun can turn white LEGO a disgusting shade of yellow/brown. This looks terrible in a build, especially one like mine which needs to be gleaming white since it is the official space ship of the Bishop of Rome.

I have learned, friends, that discolored white LEGO can be restored to their original state with hydrogen peroxide and sunshine, both of which are easily accessible to me. It actually works pretty good.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
This looks terrible in a build, especially one like mine which needs to be gleaming white since it is the official space ship of the Bishop of Rome.

Now go easy , Tad . I know some want Pope Francis off this planet . ;)

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now go easy , Tad . I know some want Pope Francis off this planet . ;)

I've been wondering about a name for my ship. Perhaps I should call it the Starship St. Pope Francis I.

I'm actually leaning more towards B16. I just like the sound of it, and I have enough astronauts to fill a small basilica with the letter 'B' already on their uniforms.

Blacktron_II_Minifig_TT.png

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've been busy baptizing my white Lego. It just has to be done with the proper formula (Trinitarian) and the proper matter (hydrogen peroxide and sunshine) and dingy, stained, yellow Lego come out whiter than any fuller on earth could bleach them. Fascinating.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Building continues. I'm working on the engine housings which attach to the large side panels in the back. They make the back end really big which is OK, I just have to expand the front end to match. I'm getting to the point where I've knocked down some major piles of Lego. At first I didn't think I was building big enough, but now I'm at the point where I have to make sure I have enough pieces to accomplish what I want to do. Lotta fun.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm pleased to announce that at 41.25" long my latest build has achieved SHIP (Seriously Huge Investment of Parts) status. That's pretty much how long it will end up being until I add something on to the back end. I'll try to get a picture in soon. Until then, here's a older pic showing off the bottom side, the engine blocks, one lid from the top, one of the Swiss Guards cruiser pod's, a rocket of unknown type the chapel and papal quarter pods.

IMG_3335.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I'm pleased to announce that at 41.25" long my latest build has achieved SHIP (Seriously Huge Investment of Parts) status. That's pretty much how long it will end up being until I add something on to the back end. I'll try to get a picture in soon. Until then, here's a older pic showing off the bottom side, the engine blocks, one lid from the top, one of the Swiss Guards cruiser pod's, a rocket of unknown type the chapel and papal quarter pods.

View attachment 215013
Is the new bishop going to bless it ? ;)

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP

View attachment 215013
This should interest you , Tad .:)

Lego Mass set helps bring the faith to children......Lego Mass set helps bring the faith to children | CatholicHerald.co.uk

Upvote 0