My Jesus Challenge

Is the Biblical Jesus Christ a man-made invention?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Honesty is not a reflection of rational thought nor wise outlook Andy.

Ben[/QUOT
There are only a few things of any real value in this world honesty and trust .....you can spout Al the rational logic you want but if you don't believe it deep down they are just pointless words

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The problem is we live in a pc ......world if I'm honest if you don't accept Christ your dammed
And here we've got the third far-right buzzword: "PC".
The only ones missing yet are "snowflake", "attack helicopter", "cuck", and "cultural Marxism" (though I guess the last one is a bit too erudite in this case).

Look, mate, in spite of your protestations that you'd honor Christ's teachings (after being called out and asked to spell out what you were insinuating all along), the gist of your posts definitely suggests something else entirely.
If you weren't from the UK, you'd be the kind of guy to wave a tiki torch in Charlottesville while wearing a MAGA hat.
YOU and the likes of you are the reason I am hostile towards so many Christians. Not the Bible. Not God. Not dogma. People who read the Good Book and derive from it that they are supposed to persecute and discriminate people who are different, and openly regard those as their enemies.

And before you stumble into another false equivocation, here's the difference between you and me: all *I* want from *you* is to be left alone and in peace, both personally and legally. *You* are the one pushing for laws that would restrict women's access to contraception, openly discriminate LGBT* people in the workplace and elsewhere, and declaring non-Christians enemies. *YOU* are the one acting like a bloody Islamist and interfering in other people's lives. Unless somebody was trying to force you to marry another man or to abort pregnancies, you've got literally NO case to feel victimized. And yet, the likes of you always feel like a victim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Personally I think the evidence probably supports an itinerant preacher named Jesus existing but I don't think he was divine.

Luckily I don't live in an Islamic country, that's another Abrahamic religion with quite a violent streak. I live in a country with a strong basis in secularism which has allowed contrary ideas to flourish, sometimes to the ire of Christians.
I'm not sure how much freedom existed in secular societies ruled by Stalin polpot or chairman mow.....a secular society is the same in essence as a pack of wolves

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
[QUOTE="Jane_the_Bane, post: 73325469, member

Look, mate, in spite of your protestations that you'd honor Christ's teachings (after being called out and asked to spell out what you were insinuating all along), the gist of your posts definitely suggests something else entirely.
If you weren't from the UK, you'd be the kind of guy to wave a tiki torch in Charlottesville while wearing a MAGA hat.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha your confusing spiritual and physical warfare when I say dammed I mean your soul if you don't accept christ your soul is dammed I wish I could suger coat it but the rejection of God in the west will lead to its moral collapse.....sleep with anyone, take any drugs, abortion children watching inappropriate content on line the elderly and the disabled discarded as they have no monetary value ......a man who believes in nothing believes in everything

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I'm not sure how much freedom existed in secular societies ruled by Stalin polpot or chairman mow.....a secular society is the same in essence as a pack of wolves
Newsflash:
virtually all modern democracies are secular in nature, due to
a) freedom of religion, and
b) separation of church and state.
And this works in favour of *everyone*. State neutrality in matters of faith is a fundamental guarantee that no one will ever interfere with your religious freedom. Christian authoritarianism may look great for the likes of you, but only for as long as nobody with different views gains power.
Mandatory prayer in all state-sponsored schools? Great idea! Now you child has to give praise to Ganesha every morning.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Hahaha your confusing spiritual and physical warfare when I say dammed I mean your soul if you don't accept christ your soul is dammed
Just as muslims believe that your rejection of god's final message to mankind will most likely result in your eternal damnation. (Even though "people of the Book" are at least somewhat on the right track, they still lack the ultimate guidance provided by the one message that tells you verbatim what God wants).
Likewise, Buddhists believe that you are stuck in a cycle of suffering, because the beliefs you embrace do little to help you overcome the root causes of suffering. Believing in Jesus cannot ultimately achieve that, so you'll just keep on reincarnating and suffering.
I could list a thousand more religions, and cite how they all regard non-believers as cut off from good things to come or headed for a grisly fate.
Do you take each of these beliefs at face value?

I wish I could suger coat it but the rejection of God in the west will lead to its moral collapse.....sleep with anyone, take any drugs, abortion children watching inappropriate content on line the elderly and the disabled discarded as they have no monetary value ......a man who believes in nothing believes in everything
Now you just read like a parody again.
Strangely enough, it's the religious right who's pushing for further cuts to health care, thus jeopardising the well-being of the disabled, the elderly, and low-income households.
And nothing promotes STDs and unwanted pregnancies more than an "abstinence only"-education. Look at where most of the problems are located, and you'll find them in poorly educated, but mostly religious and conservative-voting circles.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Newsflash:
virtually all modern democracies are secular in nature, due to
a) freedom of religion, and
b) separation of church and state.
And this works in favour of *everyone*. State neutrality in matters of faith is a fundamental guarantee that no one will ever interfere with your religious freedom. Christian authoritarianism may look great for the likes of you, but only for as long as nobody with different views gains power.
Mandatory prayer in all state-sponsored schools? Great idea! Now you child has to give praise to Ganesha every morning.
The freedoms you have where built on Christian values trust me with out Christianity them freedoms will go

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The freedoms you have where built on Christian values trust me with out Christianity them freedoms will go
Oh, we do owe a great historical debt to Christianity (along with the Enlightenment era and the ideas that were developed back then). But looking at where the "Christian right" is headed these days, certain factions within Christianity have become the greatest threat to freedom - greater than political Islam, which holds virtually no influence in our countries.
What's the difference between Islamists demanding shariah laws and the likes of you demanding that we start persecuting and discriminating LGBT*-people again? How do *you* respect other people's freedoms?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
"andy b, post
There are only a few things of any real value in this world honesty and trust .....you can spout Al the rational logic you want but if you don't believe it deep down they are just pointless words

As I stated Andy, honesty is no measure of rational thought or wise outlook. I do believe it deep down, trust me.

Ben

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Oh, we do owe a great historical debt to Christianity (along with the Enlightenment era and the ideas that were developed back then). But looking at where the "Christian right" is headed these days, certain factions within Christianity have become the greatest threat to freedom - greater than political Islam, which holds virtually no influence in our countries.
What's the difference between Islamists demanding shariah laws and the likes of you demanding that we start persecuting and discriminating LGBT*-people again? How do *you* respect other people's freedoms?
People like me ,........here the dance the LGBT have zero to worry about with people like me I have zero desire to persicute anyone if you think the LGBT community will survive in an anything goes society your dreaming America is fast becoming a cultural Christian society that's wants the benefits without the sacrifice ......without a Christian influence cultural Christians will loose there moral compass and anyone who is different will be fair game

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
People like me ,........here the dance the LGBT have zero to worry about with people like me I have zero desire to persicute anyone
And yet, you specifically complained about gay marriage (suggesting that you want them to be denied the legal protections offered by being officially registered as a couple).

if you think the LGBT community will survive in an anything goes society your dreaming
My what now? (I'm an English teacher. I cannot stand it if people cannot differentiate between you're and your. It's not difficult. I'm not even a native speaker, and I never confuse the two.)
To the point: your vision of an "anything goes society" is a fiction: a scary story you keep telling yourself to convince you that the alternative to your ideal is some dystopian nighmare straight out of a Frank Miller comic.
If you want to look what a secular, liberal society looks like, just take a gander at Sweden, Switzerland, Finnland, the Netherlands or Canada. Hardly the dystopian, drug-fueled orgy you picture all the time.

America is fast becoming a cultural Christian society that's wants the benefits without the sacrifice ......without a Christian influence cultural Christians will loose there moral compass and anyone who is different will be fair game
They already ARE fair game to you, as you explicitly stated when you named them your enemies. (Also: their)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
And yet, you specifically complained about gay marriage (suggesting that you want them to be denied the legal protections offered by being officially registered as a couple).

I guess you have just proved my point if grammar triggers you .....English may be my second language ,maybe I'm using an old device as I'm out of work and have no money ....maybe I just can't spell or maybe I'm visually impaired ..,.
My what now? (I'm an English teacher. I cannot stand it if people cannot differentiate between you're and your. It's not difficult. I'm not even a native speaker, and I never confuse the two.)
To the point: your vision of an "anything goes society" is a fiction: a scary story you keep telling yourself to convince you that the alternative to your ideal is some dystopian nighmare straight out of a Frank Miller comic.
If you want to look what a secular, liberal society looks like, just take a gander at Sweden, Switzerland, Finnland, the Netherlands or Canada. Hardly the dystopian, drug-fueled orgy you picture all the time.

They already ARE fair game to you, as you explicitly stated when you named them your enemies. (Also: their)

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I'm an English teacher, remember? I can tell the difference between a typo, dyslexia - and people who just cultivate their ignorance like a precious plant, never bothering to learn or to improve. And more often than not, that deliberate, sustained ignorance is not limited to something as inconsequential as the difference between there, their and they're. Looking at the post of the "alt right", the MAGAmericans, the bigots, the Leavers and the haters, poor literacy is always there in abundance.
Why? Because it is fueled by the same force as bigotry and hate. Ignorance.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm an English teacher, remember? I can tell the difference between a typo, dyslexia - and people who just cultivate their ignorance like a precious plant, never bothering to learn or to improve. And more often than not, that deliberate, sustained ignorance is not limited to something as inconsequential as the difference between there, their and they're. Looking at the post of the "alt right", the MAGAmericans, the bigots, the Leavers and the haters, poor literacy is always there in abundance.
Why? Because it is fueled by the same force as bigotry and hate. Ignorance.

That's an interesting point I'd never equated illiteracy with nazi germany but it does explain a lot about Muhammed in Islam I'll have to quote your sources when I debate Muslims .........I can debunk there entire ideology thanks Jane you learn something new every day

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That's an interesting point I'd never equated illiteracy with nazi germany but it does explain a lot about Muhammed in Islam I'll have to quote your sources when I debate Muslims .........I can debunk there entire ideology thanks Jane you learn something new every day

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,621.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I'm not Jesus ......but I'm pretty sure Moses or daniel would of so I'll follow there lead
But you're a Christian, I'd think it should be much easier to know how Jesus would act than either Moses or Daniel.

• Agree
Reactions: Jane_the_Bane
Upvote 0