My Ignorant Challenge

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is the most famous of the many lies that circulate regarding the worldwide flood as recorded in The Book of Genesis.

Why do you think that is lie? You make quite a few claims but you seem unwilling or unable to support them. The Noah's Ark Story most likely came from the Epic of Gilgamesh which got its story from an older source. And to me this seems to be the most likely flood to ultimately have inspired the Noah story:

Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth

Legends and myths quite often are based upon real world events. They have merely grown with the telling.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have that backwards. It is the uneducated that rely on "common sense". The educated can explain their observations. And it appears that you are afraid to bring up any so called "evidence". The odds are that I do understand what is wrong with any claims you have that the flood happened. Meanwhile I can bring up what we should observe and do not and I know that you will not have an answer for them.
Is that what your special crystal ball shows you?
You seem to think you know a lot.
Pretty puff up with pride regarding what you know.
I take it that being humble isn't a part of your attributes.
And childish statements such as " and it appears that you are afraid to bring up any so called "evidence " doesn't exactly motivate me to have a discussion of the magnitude required regarding the supernatural event of the worldwide flood.
Just another one who mocks, scoffs, and disregards The Word of God.
Your finite mind cannot comprehend an infinite God and His ways.
The Word of God declares and affirms a supernatural, catastrophic flood of worldwide proportions, a declaration that is corroborated by scientific observations that are not warped by a uniformitarian bias in geology.
God did not leave Himself without witness.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think that is lie? You make quite a few claims but you seem unwilling or unable to support them. The Noah's Ark Story most likely came from the Epic of Gilgamesh which got its story from an older source. And to me this seems to be the most likely flood to ultimately have inspired the Noah story:

Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth

Legends and myths quite often are based upon real world events. They have merely grown with the telling.
Its like people who put faith in the Nigerian prince with millions he cant yet get his hands on, People who go so deep in the scheme have their pride too invested to turn back.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The flood is a lie along with other parts of the Jews history.
Actually it isn't a lie .
You obviously don't probably believe in The Word of God in general if at all.
And you seem to have issues with the Jews in general.
Would that be correct?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would that be correct?
Colter is a Urantian

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Would that be correct?
I believe the true parts of the Bible. The Jews are just people like any other people.
The flood is still a fraud.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the true parts of the Bible. The Jews are just people like any other people.

The flood is still a fraud.
And just who determines what the "true" parts are in regards to The Word of God?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is that what your special crystal ball shows you?
You seem to think you know a lot.
Pretty puff up with pride regarding what you know.
I take it that being humble isn't a part of your attributes.
And childish statements such as " and it appears that you are afraid to bring up any so called "evidence " doesn't exactly motivate me to have a discussion of the magnitude required regarding the supernatural event of the worldwide flood.
Just another one who mocks, scoffs, and disregards The Word of God.
Your finite mind cannot comprehend an infinite God and His ways.
The Word of God declares and affirms a supernatural, catastrophic flood of worldwide proportions, a declaration that is corroborated by scientific observations that are not warped by a uniformitarian bias in geology.
God did not leave Himself without witness.
We don't need a crystal ball. I do not believe in magic, though you may. And you really should not project your flaws upon others. The fact is that parts of the Bible can be shown to be wrong if one makes the error of reading it literally. You are trying to use the Bible as a magic talisman, and calling it the "word of God" something that even the Bible does no say explicitly about itself. One must interpret verses that refer to "scripture" to mean the present day Bible when nothing like the present day Bible existed at that time.

You proclaiming that you have evidence and then run away when challenged. Do you have any reliable evidence of not? Since the Bible is being questioned it cannot be evidence for its own claims. What evidence do you have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We don't need a crystal ball. I do not believe in magic, though you may. And you really should not project your flaws upon others. The fact is that parts of the Bible can be shown to be wrong if one makes the error of reading it literally. You are trying to use the Bible as a magic talisman, and calling it the "word of God" something that even the Bible does no say explicitly about itself. One must interpret verses that refer to "scripture" to mean the present day Bible when nothing like the present day Bible existed at that time.

You proclaiming that you have evidence and then run away when challenged. Do you have any reliable evidence of not? Since the Bible is being questioned it cannot be evidence for its own claims. What evidence do you have.
Who are these "we" you speak for?
Can they not speak for themselves?
I'm not projecting anything muchless flaws on anyone.
You are quite presumptuous. Usually when one doesn't know what they are talking about they do that.
I'm sure you understand. Oh, and guess what?
The Bible is the Word of God.
Have you ever actually read and studied The Word of God ?
The Word of God is never wrong, so for you to even remotely imply that is wrong explains a lot .
And I didn't run away , its just that arrogance and haughtiness repels me.
That being said and hopefully understood , is there a particular issue that you have with the worldwide flood that did occur?
Also, do you believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah ?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Who are these "we" you speak for?
Can they not speak for themselves?
I'm not projecting anything muchless flaws on anyone.
You are quite presumptuous. Usually when one doesn't know what they are talking about they do that.
I'm sure you understand. Oh, and guess what?
The Bible is the Word of God.
Have you ever actually read and studied The Word of God ?
The Word of God is never wrong, so for you to even remotely imply that is wrong explains a lot .
And I didn't run away , its just that arrogance and haughtiness repels me.
That being said and hopefully understood , is there a particular issue that you have with the worldwide flood that did occur?
Also, do you believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah ?

"We" would be people that have studied the sciences. And no, I am not presumptuous at all. That appears to be your sin. And the Bible has been shown to be wrong on this topic. But you do not seem to want to discuss it.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let us focus on the worldwide flood that did happen first.
If there was one why is the evidence for it lacking?

And that was a dodge. For the same reasons that we do not translate the Bible.literally and claim that the Earth is flat we do not read Genesis literally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If there was one why is the evidence for it lacking?

And that was a dodge. For the same reasons that we do not translate the Bible.literally and claim that the Earth is flat we do not read Genesis literally.
There was only one worldwide flood.
Never to happen again.
Next time fire will destroy everything.
And once again, who are these "we" that you speak for?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Its like people who put faith in the Nigerian prince with millions he cant yet get his hands on, People who go so deep in the scheme have their pride too invested to turn back.
Hah!! A lot you know. I am just waiting for the check to clear.

• Haha
Reactions: Colter
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There was only one worldwide flood.
Never to happen again.
Next time fire will destroy everything.
And once again, who are these "we" that you speak for?
I already answered that question. Do besides the Bible, which you do not trust when it says that the Earth is flat in word and deed you do make the error of reading it literally when it comes to Genesis.

What is your evidence for the flood?

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"We" would be people that have studied the sciences. And no, I am not presumptuous at all. That appears to be your sin. And the Bible has been shown to be wrong on this topic. But you do not seem to want to discuss it.
Anyone reading this thread can clearly see you being presumptuous as I stated, not the other way around. So don't be ridiculous and say I'm being what you clearly are.
No, The Word of God has not been shown to be wrong on this topic.
Why do you say that?

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Anyone reading this thread can clearly see you being presumptuous as I stated, not the other way around. So don't be ridiculous and say I'm being what you clearly are.
No, The Word of God has not been shown to be wrong on this topic.
Why do you say that?
Wrong again. I am the only one that has even offered to provide evidence.

And yes the Bible has been shown to be wrong quite a few times. But let's discuss the Flood. Since different Christians have different interpretations, please tell me your version.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And, The Word of God doesn't explicitly state that the earth is flat nor spherical.
And yes I know the verses that some individuals use to try and fit their narrative, but isn't the case within the proper contextual setting of said verses.

Upvote 0