Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It was almost noon and I heard someone knocking at my apartment door. I didn't answer the door right away because I was lying down in bed and slow to get up. Then I heard knocking on all of my neighbor's doors as well. It sounded like a salesperson going door to door. Then I heard a tap on my bedroom window only a few seconds after a heard another knock at the door. Odd. So I went to the living room and look out of the window blinds and I saw a guy I don't know walking from my window towards my front door. He didn't see me at all. I knew then that there were at least 2 people outside my apartment. It didn't seem right at all.

So I wasted no time in grabbing my shotgun from my room. As I grabbed my shotgun I heard a really loud knock at the door. It sounded like an angry ferocious knock. With shotgun in hand I quickly went into the kitchen and took up a tactical position where I could take cover if need be. When I looked at the door I could see the door frame broken off and sticking out of the wall at a 45 degree angle. This was no knock. It was a kick. I took the safety off and pointed my shotgun in a firing position at the door. Just then they gave it one last kick because the door was apparently still stuck. Once they jammed it free they slowly opened the door.

I was behind the kitchen bar expecting them to walk in but they hesitated. Maybe they heard me I'm not sure. But when they opened the door I could see one guy and another guy's shoulder through the door where the hinges are. I didn't feel like waiting any longer. So, I quickly walked into their view with shotgun pointed directly at them while yelling, "You <staff edit>!" As soon as they saw me they ran off. All 3 of them. I waited a few seconds before following just in case they had a gun. But they vanished pretty quickly. So I then yelled, "Don't come back here! I'm calling the police!"

Last edited by a moderator:

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
oh wow...:crossrc:

glad you had a gun or else who knows what could have happened to you.

This had happened to a girl i knew who was only a teenager. She was home alone when some guy was breaking into a window in her house.

She went and got her parent's gun, pointed at the man and the man ran away.

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I was going to post more but the site went down I think.

I didn't shoot because they were high school kids. Looked like 9th graders quite honestly. I could have easily killed one of them or all of them for that matter. I had a shot for 1 or 2 seconds. Plenty of time to pull the trigger. I think God was with me and I'm glad nobody got hurt.

What would you have done in a situation like that? Would I have been wrong if I did "shoot to stop"?

Thank you everyone for your prayers. Pray for the burglars too. Hopefully, they learned their lesson before someone really shoots them through the door.

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
oh wow...:crossrc:

glad you had a gun or else who knows what could have happened to you.

This had happened to a girl i knew who was only a teenager. She was home alone when some guy was breaking into a window in her house.

She went and got her parent's gun, pointed at the man and the man ran away.

I never thought this could happen to me. If it wasn't for one of my good friends who told me a few years ago to get a shotgun, I could have been beat up or worse. If I didn't have a shotgun I don't know what I would have done. Thank you for prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is why we have a right to bare arms. So people like this cannot harm us or those around us. Thank God and our rights that you are safe.

Good you are not like me though I would have shot all 3 of them. I wouldn't take a chance of them coming back with weapons.

Absolutely, all of this just reinforces my support for the 2nd amendment. I don't think they are foolish enough to return. If they do return I will assume they are armed and dangerous. Btw, the police did say I had a right to fire at them and even more so because of the fairly new Texas Castle Law. So, even if one is attempting to break in with force but hasn't made it inside yet, I still have a right to use deadly force.

Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Absolutely, all of this just reinforces my support for the 2nd amendment. I don't think they are foolish enough to return. If they do return I will assume they are armed and dangerous. Btw, the police did say I had a right to fire at them and even more so because of the fairly new Texas Castle Law. So, even if one is attempting to break in with force but hasn't made it inside yet, I still have a right to use deadly force.

While you still have the right to use deadly force, again let us use caution and not get too excited about it.

Yes, I am totally in support of the 2nd ammendment....but what if it's just a stupid kid?

Speak to Our Lord about it! :pray: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, it will either scare them off from breaking into homes, or, they'll arm themselves from now on.

Too bad you weren't able to call the cops before they broke in. Maybe getting caught by the police would've been a better deterrent.

Either way, having your home invaded is stressful.

Glad you weren't hurt.

Jim

Upvote 0

GlynnWa

Aug 17, 2007
USA
✟8,398.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was almost noon and I heard someone knocking at my apartment door. I didn't answer the door right away because I was lying down in bed and slow to get up. Then I heard knocking on all of my neighbor's doors as well. It sounded like a salesperson going door to door. Then I heard a tap on my bedroom window only a few seconds after a heard another knock at the door. Odd. So I went to the living room and look out of the window blinds and I saw a guy I don't know walking from my window towards my front door. He didn't see me at all. I knew then that there were at least 2 people outside my apartment. It didn't seem right at all.

So I wasted no time in grabbing my shotgun from my room. As I grabbed my shotgun I heard a really loud knock at the door. It sounded like an angry ferocious knock. With shotgun in hand I quickly went into the kitchen and took up a tactical position where I could take cover if need be. When I looked at the door I could see the door frame broken off and sticking out of the wall at a 45 degree angle. This was no knock. It was a kick. I took the safety off and pointed my shotgun in a firing position at the door. Just then they gave it one last kick because the door was apparently still stuck. Once they jammed it free they slowly opened the door.

I was behind the kitchen bar expecting them to walk in but they hesitated. Maybe they heard me I'm not sure. But when they opened the door I could see one guy and another guy's shoulder through the door where the hinges are. I didn't feel like waiting any longer. So, I quickly walked into their view with shotgun pointed directly at them while yelling, "You <staff edit>!" As soon as they saw me they ran off. All 3 of them. I waited a few seconds before following just in case they had a gun. But they vanished pretty quickly. So I then yelled, "Don't come back here! I'm calling the police!"

You are going to see more of this as more people lose their homes and they have nothing to eat. If you are not armed as yourself, then you are going to have a tough road ahead. I hate to see things come to this, but it is reality. I see nothing wrong with feeding someone, but when they come to steal and take over your house, then you have to draw a line. I recently read where a family had been on a month vacation. When they got home, a family was living in their house. They had to get the police to move them out with them screaming that they had found this place first.

May the Lord Help Us, GlynnWa

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Glad you were not hurt.

I'm aghast at what the police told you. In most countries I know, you do NOT have the right to shoot unarmed people unless they are actually coming at you and are clearly physically stronger than you. You first have to try to warn/chase them off, and if they are not armed, you have to try less-than-lethal force first.

None of us can predict what we would do in the heat of such a situation, but theoretically, for a Catholic, to kill someone who is trying to rob or attack him, means sending a soul straight to Hell - there is NOTHING worse than this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
While you still have the right to use deadly force, again let us use caution and not get too excited about it.

Yes, I am totally in support of the 2nd ammendment....but what if it's just a stupid kid?

Speak to Our Lord about it! :pray: :thumbsup:

stupid kids now days are just as dangerous as anyone, if fact, more so becuase they aren't rational.

Upvote 0

Tulip

What you eat standing up doesn't count.
Mar 11, 2004
Norway is my country of birth. Canada is my countr
✟8,397.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would have tried to hurt them by aiming at their knees. If they were armed themselves I would have shot to kill first. Especially being a woman you risk being sexually assaulted and then killed.

Good to know that you are safe.

...and they say that we Norwegians are a peaceful people. Don't forget who our ancestors were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
wow, thank God you were not hurt. i would have been petrified.

Believe it or not I didn't have chance to panic. I didn't get shaken until afterwards. It happened so fast. All probably with 30 seconds from when I heard the initial knocking. I think what also really helped me was the preparation and planning I took just in case something like this were to happen. I even rehearsed once on grabbing the gun and getting it ready and finding the safest place to defend my home.

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully these kids will realize now that they can get themselves killed by breaking into ppl's houses.

I'm not for shooting at ppl who break in. I say point it at them to scare them off but if they aren't sacred off but still come at you-- then what choice do you have?

My sentiments exactly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.