• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My head hurts from overthinking and overanalyzing stuff. can i have some encouragement?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am worried. I started saying no to some of my ocd compulsions. and I worry now.

I remember saying to myself for ocd reasons probably, that I should stop copypasting. I stopped copypasting as a compulsion.

I wanted to be free so I copypasted. I am not sure if there was a promise to God about no copypasting cause I do not remember. I only remember reminding myself not to copypaste anymore. why I said that? why I cant remember? I am trying to remember but I cant. I spend all my day trying to remember but I cant.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hebrews 13:5
KJ21
Let your manner of living be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have. For He hath said, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”;

ASV
Be ye free from the love of money; content with such things as ye have: for himself hath said, I will in no wise fail thee, neither will I in any wise forsake thee.

AMP
Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed—be financially ethical], being content with what you have; for He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!”

Upvote 0

Sy89ian

Nov 27, 2019
Melbourne
✟15,515.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try to calm your mind and help yourself by watching how other people in your situation overcome the issue. Lots of prayers your way. Try to set boundaries when you need to be alone and figure out how to calm the devil inside your mind. Watching self help videos helped me a lot

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
people say I have the same problem (over-thinking), but it's important not to be too legalistic, about such things.

I mean, if you are going to do something about it, great: but don't beat yourself up, if you can only cut back a little bit.

The point is, over-thinking is not something you deal with, by thinking about it as much (in principle) - you have to work out "now how much of this criticism, is actually constructive?"

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good point, Gottservant! How much of criticism do we need ---from ourselves or others? Probably none, for we all fail as to perfection, and we surely should not be occupied with extremes. We all make mistakes, so we ask God to forgive us our weakness and failures, and just ask Him to help us go forward and meet the matters ahead. If we stay in communion with God's "...beloved Son": the Lord Jesus, He will keep us, guide us, and help us go forth in this world. That way we will be positive and at peace walking with our Savior.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Good point, Gottservant! How much of criticism do we need ---from ourselves or others? Probably none, for we all fail as to perfection, and we surely should not be occupied with extremes. We all make mistakes, so we ask God to forgive us our weakness and failures, and just ask Him to help us go forward and meet the matters ahead. If we stay in communion with God's "...beloved Son": the Lord Jesus, He will keep us, guide us, and help us go forth in this world. That way we will be positive and at peace walking with our Savior.

True word, 1watchman!

It is the Lord who keeps us, by reminding us that there are still more to save, in part.

Let the Lord's sacrifice, not be in vain!

Upvote 0

Gordon Wright

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
✟17,383.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ask yourself: does this matter? If no, forget it. If yes, then you need more information about the problem.

When the mind lacks the information it needs to solve a problem, it gets stuck in neutral on high idle. The cure is to get more information.

Don't spend time with people who don't know anything.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am worried. I started saying no to some of my ocd compulsions. and I worry now.

I remember saying to myself for ocd reasons probably, that I should stop copypasting. I stopped copypasting as a compulsion.

I wanted to be free so I copypasted. I am not sure if there was a promise to God about no copypasting cause I do not remember. I only remember reminding myself not to copypaste anymore. why I said that? why I cant remember? I am trying to remember but I cant. I spend all my day trying to remember but I cant.
Focus on something else instead. Pray, friend. Pray through the confusion . Interiorly praise God, and let the bad thoughts slip away. The more you focus on God, the less air time these obsessive, nagging, useless, unsettled thoughts will have. Don't worry.

Upvote 0

Jeff S

Feb 11, 2018
Wisconsin
✟21,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced

I have OCD and have gone a long way in dealing with it. It would be helpful to know what copypasting is.

I can ask you some more questions if I know that. I might be able to help you.

Upvote 0