• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My friend left and forgot me.

okeydokey

Jul 11, 2003
✟173.00
My boss retired recently. We were close once and he was a good friend to me when I really needed one. We had a falling out several years ago and since then I have been upset about the loss of that friendship. Seeing him everyday and continueing to want to share with him and talk with him made it very hard for me. When he left I was glad because the conflict within me ended. Now I am missing him and wish I could see him again and I know he has moved on and really probably could care less. This just brings up what I seem to have problems with and that is how to come to terms with the loss of my friends whether it is from misunderstandings, falling out(s), changing jobs or moving, etc. I usually feel forgotten because the people I've known and cared about seem to move on so easily and don't want to continue our relationship into the future. They seem to forget me and what we had so easily and I can't seem to get over the loss and the loneliness. I wrote my ex-boss and told him how I feel but he has never responded. He is generally a giving, caring, sympathetic person but I feel maybe he was so tired of dealing with me that he doesn't care to bother. I guess I could blame myself for his behavior toward me. I hope I can grieve the my loss and move on. But I've never seem to be able to yet.

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there,
In a way, I know what you mean. I have "lost" several friends, most in fact, to the opposite sex. What I mean, is that they have gotten a significant other in their life, and they feel they don't need friendship anymore. So, it leaves me 'high and dry' and they go on with their relationships, even if its bad and I try to warn them. Anyways, so I empathise with you about loosing your friend.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
it's painful losing friends... i once had a really good relationship with a friend, but since i've moved, we lost contact. She said outright that she would not write me letters for she was lazy, i thought that was a pretty lame excuse, but what could i do?

all i could keep in mind now was what my mom said, you know a lot of people in life, you also lose a lot of people. People come and go, it's a part of .. well.. life that is. :(

but then God will always provide, He knows we need human relationships. Hope you can get over your loss soon. :pray:

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I know how this may sound. I know that God is always with us and will never leave nor forsake us, and that we are never alone. But, I want human companionship! Someone I can talk to and see, someone who is right there. Its not that God isn't good enough. I do have some friends, but I have been missing someone who I can really talk to for quite some time, and I do talk to God, but I wish I could see God as I do other people, know what I mean?

Upvote 0

okeydokey

Jul 11, 2003
✟173.00
Yes, Galadriel, I do know what you mean. I want a human to talk with, be with, etc. I talk to God every day and I feel the result of that in my life and within myself but sometimes my loneliness is very overwhelming especially when I feel forgotten. Today I missed my friend even more so I called another friend - one who lives in another state but has chosen not to forget me - and I felt better. I am by nature not very outgoing and it's hard for me to form friendships and so it's very hard for me to have to give up a friendship.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
okeydokey said:
Yes, Galadriel, I do know what you mean. I want a human to talk with, be with, etc. I talk to God every day and I feel the result of that in my life and within myself but sometimes my loneliness is very overwhelming especially when I feel forgotten. Today I missed my friend even more so I called another friend - one who lives in another state but has chosen not to forget me - and I felt better. I am by nature not very outgoing and it's hard for me to form friendships and so it's very hard for me to have to give up a friendship.

Hey same with me! I am not outgoing in the least, and as prudish as they get, lol! I hear you, I think we need human companionship as well. I sometimes envy those people who are in a wonderful loving relationship with someone, with a significant other, and I hope to be able to attain that someday, I think maybe we all have that desire?

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think we all need good Christians friends in our lives, who understand us and love us regardless. I have noticed that I can have a bad day, and a brief conversation with a good Christian friend will turn my mood completely around. God knows we need these relationships to maintain our emotional and mental stability, and if we put Him first, and trust in Him, He will supply us with these quality relationships.

Upvote 0