My Eve Challenge

Do you believe Eve came from Adam's rib?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why does 'thanks' have to be run through Lord Jesus Christ?
The prayer formula is:

Pray to God the Father
Through the Lord Jesus Christ
By the Holy Spirit

Jesus is our Great Intercessor and Mediator.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,762.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
And how should apocalyptic (hidden) truth be handled?
If its 'hidden', then its existence is just by means of belief.

AV1611VET said:
I'm thinking of a number between one and ten: what's that number?
I don't know .. but if I ask you, then there's a good chance you'll realise the answer in your description .. after all, that's what you just did when you asked about that 'number' .. I know what you meant when you used the word 'number' .. (otherwise, I wouldn't have had a clue about what you were asking), so we'd agree that at least, that that 'number' is real during that particular interchange.

This is how language works y'know .. even when its language from the Bible (for eg). The meanings create reality for all of us, as we move through a conversation. Most of us completely ignore that though .. its like a total blind spot we've all developed for some odd reason, but its abundantly objectively evidenced.

AV1611VET said:
I'm holding an apocalyptic truth.

And if I want you to know it, I ... as the holder of that truth ... am the only one who can reveal it to you.
Yes, sure .. its a truth of your own choosing alright .. until you realise it by using words that convey its meaning in ways I can understand (and/or verify for myself).

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,762.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The prayer formula is:

Pray to God the Father
Through the Lord Jesus Christ
By the Holy Spirit

Jesus is our Great Intercessor and Mediator.
Thank you for that ..
So, does the opposite of 'thanks' also run the same way?
Eg: if I say something nasty, does that also go through the Great Intercessor and Mediator?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for that ..
So, does the opposite of 'thanks' also run the same way?
Eg: if I say something nasty, does that also go through the Great Intercessor and Mediator?
It already went through Him… while He was on the cross.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think it represents the patriarchal notions of a given society. It's probably based on what would have been a common observation that men are often times bigger and stronger than women.

Kind of also explains why Adam wasn’t the one to bite the apple.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,762.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
public hermit said:
I think it represents the patriarchal notions of a given society. It's probably based on what would have been a common observation that men are often times bigger and stronger than women.
Kind of also explains why Adam wasn’t the one to bite the apple.
Its completely sexist right from the outset!
Condemns women to an eternity of inescapable subservience, guilt and disrespect!?
Yet Mary (for eg) is worshipped (for some obscure reason)? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bone; a substructure that reveals species. Adam named the animals looking for her. The rib cage protects the internal organs especially the heart. One of Adam's ribs is made into a wife. It probably hurt since God put Adam to sleep before it happened. She wasn't like all the other animals. Adam seemed to have been through a trial of some sort, At last bone of his bone ! Rib cage ...crib cage....i dunno

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Its completely sexist right from the outset!
Condemns women to an eternity of inescapable subservience, guilt and disrespect!?
Yet Mary (for eg) is worshipped (for some obscure reason)? :scratch:
It was sexist for the ancient world to recognize that men were bigger and stronger than women?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bone; a substructure that reveals species. Adam named the animals looking for her. The rib cage protects the internal organs especially the heart. One of Adam's ribs is made into a wife. It probably hurt since God put Adam to sleep before it happened. She wasn't like all the other animals. Adam seemed to have been through a trial of some sort, At last bone of his bone ! Rib cage ...crib cage....i dunno
I like what one preacher pointed out.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

God parades the animals past Adam, so Adam could name them; and in so doing, put the desire for a wife in his mind.

Adam: "Mr & Mrs Gorilla; Mr & Mrs Giraffe; Mr & Mrs Horse ... hmmm ... something's missing!"

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What "eyes"?

It's EVE, not EYE.

Eve ... as in Adam's wife.

We'll I guess that explains the verse. I think I need my eyes checked as I added a descender to the "v" as a challenge on "eyes" would actually fit the purpose of this board.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do that mean the substance of God is not pure and incorruptible?

Lucifer also had the autonomous parts as well but it's beauty, brains, and talent came from God. It then 'corrupted' all those God-given qualities.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,530.00
Faith
Atheist
Lucifer also had the autonomous parts as well but it's beauty, brains, and talent came from God. It then 'corrupted' all those God-given qualities.
Are you saying Lucifer was a mix of the substance of God with some impurities ('autonomous parts'?), or that the substance of God is corruptible?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying Lucifer was a mix of the substance of God with some impurities ('autonomous parts'?), or that the substance of God is corruptible?

God deemed Lucifer's actions corrupt. Without God's judgment those actions would have been 'amoral'.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,762.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Lucifer sounds like he was hit with some kind of random mutation, perhaps?

Upvote 0