My divorced sisters...Whats stopping you from getting your fresh, new life after divorce??

ToniD

Nov 7, 2016
Barbados
✟7,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello there :) Need some help from my fellow divorcees please :)

My name is Dawn and I'm a Christian Life Coach...I have been divorced for a decade and have with the help of God been able to move on and develop a healthy relationship with my ex. It took some time but with Gods grace, spiritual and personal development I have managed to turn things around and now heading into God purpose in a passionate way!
I have realized that this is a very, very difficult for some of my sisters in Christ,and I really want to coach, teach and write to be an instrument of Gods transformation.

I am trying to find out:
WHAT IS /WAS YOUR GREATEST OBSTACLE IN MOVING ON FROM YOUR DIVORCE TO CREATING A NEW LIFE OF PURPOSE?
WHAT KIND OF HELP WOULD YOU NEED TO MOVE ON?

I know what helped me, but i really want to hear from my sisters on their journey.
I hope you can take some time to respond.

God bless! CoachD

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi Toni, and welcome to CF!

That's an interesting set of questions.

Forgiveness helped me most. And honestly recognizing my own fault because it is usually shared.

My biggest obstacle was the woman who moved in with him and set about attacking every facet of my life, but I doubt that's very common. Issues surrounding custody and decisions relating to our daughter and some rather toxic manipulative patterns were also extremely difficult to deal with.

Yup, I think those are the major players, both helpful and harmful. Forgiveness was a huge factor.

May your efforts be blessed. :) And please let us know if we can help you find your way around the forums or you need any help.

Again, welcome!

Upvote 0

ToniD

Nov 7, 2016
Barbados
✟7,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Toni, and welcome to CF!

That's an interesting set of questions.

Forgiveness helped me most. And honestly recognizing my own fault because it is usually shared.

My biggest obstacle was the woman who moved in with him and set about attacking every facet of my life, but I doubt that's very common. Issues surrounding custody and decisions relating to our daughter and some rather toxic manipulative patterns were also extremely difficult to deal with.

Yup, I think those are the major players, both helpful and harmful. Forgiveness was a huge factor.

May your efforts be blessed. :) And please let us know if we can help you find your way around the forums or you need any help.

Again, welcome!

Upvote 0

ToniD

Nov 7, 2016
Barbados
✟7,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Anastasia !

I appreciate your comments...and yes forgiveness of all involved..including forgiving myself was a huge part of it.
We can only ever control our own thought patterns and behaviors, we cannot control another party. So I really want to find out the challenges, especially thought patterns that can have us divorcees sometimes 'stuck in a rut' and not sure who, what and how now...I want to help women carve out new vision and move towards it!

So thanks again for sharing :)

Upvote 0