Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For those of you who are trying to understand that God created the earth ex nihilo, are you saying there should be a step in between "and God said" and "it was so" in Genesis 1?

I'm trying to understand why someone would ask how God created something ex nihilo (like the earth), but then not accept "and God said" as an answer.

Note: "deest" is Latin for "wanting": lacking in a certain required or necessary quality; lack or be short of something desirable or essential.

So my simple question is:

Are you saying there should be a step in between "and God said" and "it was so"?

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For those of you who are trying to understand that God created the earth ex nihilo, are you saying there should be a step in between "and God said" and "it was so" in Genesis 1?

I'm trying to understand why someone would ask how God created something ex nihilo (like the earth), but then not accept "and God said" as an answer.

Note: "deest" is Latin for "wanting": lacking in a certain required or necessary quality; lack or be short of something desirable or essential.

Are you saying there should be a step in between "and God said" and "it was so"?

When invoking magic anything is possible so there are no rational reason to answer the question. Its a "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" question.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When invoking magic anything is possible ...
Then don't invoke magic and answer the challenge.

Should there be a step between the command to come forth and the obedience of that command?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then don't invoke magic and answer the challenge.

Should there be a step between the command to come forth and the obedience of that command?

Why would I who deny the existance of metaphysics invoke magic?

Its you who do so, so stop being deliberately obtuse.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No.

Upvote 0