Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BTW Raz,

As an encouragement to the 'church' why don't you give us a testimony of the experience you speak of? I'd be interested and I'm always filled with awe and praise when believers share testimonies of just such answers to prayers. It might be an encouragement to our sister.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
I fear my entire testimony would be more than would fit here on these boards, for God is anything but silent. So what part of that testimony would you like to hear? The attrocities of the church, the healings of the church, the benefits of cell prayer groups (already talked about that a small bit), the difference between the church that lives what they preach and those that don't...what part exactly are you interested in?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Raz,

I'm sorry if I have offended you or caused you any anxiety. My intentions are the same as any teacher. When something is taught or explained that doesn't seem to really be in line with my understanding of the Scriptures, and yes, many of us who go around calling ourselves 'christians' have various understandings of some of the Scriptures. A quick glance on the origins boards will validate that.

You wrote in response to AHS's post:

From my experience, From my experience, His answers are not only sure, but usually surprising with something greater than I could have even imagined.
Now, maybe I misunderstood and that is a valid issue. Many times, especially in this type of medium the real intent of our comments are not clear. For example, it is very hard to write on a computer in a way that clearly expresses to the reader when one is being facetious. In person one can use voice inflection and various body language to show such an attitude. It is also difficult to write in a way that shows any of the 'emotion' that one can usuallly express in a personal conversation. Anyway, your response said that it has been your 'experience'... All I have asked is that you might share some of those 'experiences' where you prayed for something and God answered immediately and surely in the affirmitive and gave you even more than you had hoped to ask for. Trust me friend, I know that God does that. He delights in answering the prayers of the righteous and faithful who love him.

I didn't intend that you write out your life story and I certainly didn't expect you to give a 3 hour testimonial of the 'experiences' that you refer to in your post. Just something simple and short like, "Well, I was once hard up for $300.00 to pay my rent and I was on the verge of being kicked out of my home. I got down on my knees and prayed diligently for God to hear my prayer and provide for my need. It wasn't 30 minutes later that a call came, or a letter was delivered, or by some other conveyance or person I received a check for $700.00." God answered my prayer in a swift and sure manner and provided even more than I had asked for.

I'm just asking that you briefly share some of these experiences where 'His answers were not only sure, but surprised you with something greater than I could have even imagined.'

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Raz,

I'm sorry if I have offended you or caused you any anxiety. My intentions are the same as any teacher. When something is taught or explained that doesn't seem to really be in line with my understanding of the Scriptures, and yes, many of us who go around calling ourselves 'christians' have various understandings of some of the Scriptures. A quick glance on the origins boards will validate that.

You wrote in response to AHS's post:

From my experience, From my experience, His answers are not only sure, but usually surprising with something greater than I could have even imagined.
Now, maybe I misunderstood and that is a valid issue. Many times, especially in this type of medium the real intent of our comments are not clear. For example, it is very hard to write on a computer in a way that clearly expresses to the reader when one is being facetious. In person one can use voice inflection and various body language to show such an attitude. It is also difficult to write in a way that shows any of the 'emotion' that one can usuallly express in a personal conversation. Anyway, your response said that it has been your 'experience'... All I have asked is that you might share some of those 'experiences' where you prayed for something and God answered immediately and surely in the affirmitive and gave you even more than you had hoped to ask for. Trust me friend, I know that God does that. He delights in answering the prayers of the righteous and faithful who love him.

I didn't intend that you write out your life story and I certainly didn't expect you to give a 3 hour testimonial of the 'experiences' that you refer to in your post. Just something simple and short like, "Well, I was once hard up for $300.00 to pay my rent and I was on the verge of being kicked out of my home. I got down on my knees and prayed diligently for God to hear my prayer and provide for my need. It wasn't 30 minutes later that a call came, or a letter was delivered, or by some other conveyance or person I received a check for $700.00." God answered my prayer in a swift and sure manner and provided even more than I had asked for.

I'm just asking that you briefly share some of these experiences where 'His answers were not only sure, but surprised you with something greater than I could have even imagined.'

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
Maybe the problem is that you assume you are the teacher, rather than to assume we are equals.

Ah well. Let me give you one of the most dramatic instances.

I grew up in an abusive home. I came to Christ largely because of this, and my prayer was that God would help me survive. (btw, I said nothing about immediate answers, just for the record)

God did this and more many times over, but one day in particular stands out in my mind. I was sitting sewing when my sister came in and laid on my shoulders. I asked her to leave me alone, she refused. I told her to leave me alone, she refused. So I told hold of her arms and set her off my back. She went crying to my father that I had scratched her and showed him and old scratch. My father went nuts and took his belt and began beating me for scratching my sister (something I did not do). Now these were everyday things, things I prayed to God to give me strength to endure. Had you been there that day, you would have sworn I got the beating of my life, but Jesus stood between me and that belt that day, the sting of the belt was neither felt, nor were the welt present on my body that day. That day, my Jesus, literally took my beating and in that moment, there could never be a turning back for me.

I asked God for strength to endure and He gave me a living picture, a tangible measure of His love for me. So great was that moment that I would never trade any of the abuses for that moment. God didn't just give me strength, He gave me so much more. God wanted to tell me more than yes, no, or wait, He wanted to tell me I was loved. I was the apple of His eye. He wanted to tell me He was there no matter the circumstances and always would be. And I for one, am not only amazed at His answer, but so very greatful that His answer was more than yes, no, or wait.

Is that what you had in mind as an example?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Raz,

Absolutely! I'm always touched by those who can share the pains of their life and show how their relationship with our loving Lord has taken them out of such a pit. Sadly, many children who grow up in just such circumstances without the Lord grow up to lead very troubled lives and so it is a true testimony that the Lord has been merciful to you that he not only took your beating, which he has now done twice for you, but set your foot on the path of righteousness.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Raz,

Absolutely! I'm always touched by those who can share the pains of their life and show how their relationship with our loving Lord has taken them out of such a pit. Sadly, many children who grow up in just such circumstances without the Lord grow up to lead very troubled lives and so it is a true testimony that the Lord has been merciful to you that he not only took your beating, which he has now done twice for you, but set your foot on the path of righteousness.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
more so than you can know or I can fathom...sometimes I wonder why so much pain, but He is always faithful...how nice to meet a fellow student, rather than more who proclaim to be teachers of things they don't understand.

Upvote 0

love_123

Jesus is Lord
May 18, 2010
✟15,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praise be to God! Two sis of my congregation came over and told my mom that the brother who God uses as leader of our church has just taught the elders to teach and help the unspiritual. He mentioned somebody came at 7 o'clock in the morning to get baptised but nobody talked to her until 9 o'clock her patient a elder sis(young in human age) voiced for my mom because she knew her. This woman is my mom. And she had talked about it many times, finally they've repented!! So amazing1

Upvote 0

Philosopher61

Jan 24, 2011
✟15,124.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you truly believe that your Church belongs to God then you must allow him to do His will. The Church may need to fail so another might rise up in its place....sound familiar? I am not being trite as I had a Church that I loved also fail. However if that is the outcome then gather those around you that you wish to continue to fellowship with and start a new Church in your very living room. That is your new Church....and it will grow in His glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi lilmon,

Then who called the pastor to serve in your fellowship? Aside from possibly being used as an 'opener', I can't imagine worshiping in a fellowship where the teacher teaches on personal interests outside of those things which are Scripturally related and I wouldn't put up with a 'political' agenda being taught for five minutes.

So, how did this man get to be in charge in your services?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted.

This is a good point. The ground of gathering should be fully scriptural, and those who do not accept that might leave, so what is the problem? The testimony may become sound and go on to honor the Lord. Is that not what believers should want. Of course, carnal believers want more than following the Scripture, and want all their ideologies and innovations.

If the preacher is not sound then he should also leave. Many assemblies are fully scriptural because they hold only to the Word, practice the priesthood of believers and minister without a preacher. We do where I am gathered, and it has been going on in the world for over a hundred years.

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0