Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But when it comes to alcohol some Christians mistakenly only pay attention to the verses condemning it. They ignore the verses that clearly support it.

What about the One who changed the water to this wine in the first place, for the sake of those who were supposedly already drunk?

In violation of the Dram Shop Law, which would have made Jesus criminally negligent should someone have had a traffic accident on the way home from the wedding.

The PADD* would have been all over Him for that.

* Priests Against Drunk Driving

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think it's more AV being AV.
Either that, or Vir being Vir in post 202.

(LOL -- Vir even gave it a WINNER, knowing he was the one introducing viticulture into this thread. :doh:)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's a negative.

Psalm 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

This explains meandering rivers, tributaries, etc and so on nicely.

Really, it doesn't. Nothing in this antiquated, Elisabethan, translation of the ancient Hebrew text implies meanders or tributaries.

(Not to mention that the Earth doesn't have "foundations". It is a self-gravitating ball of lithic and metallic materials.)

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yup.

It's my fan club catching up with me. :)

Well, you kind of are one of the guilty party because you could have just said "Let's not bring that topic up here where it isn't relevant". You didn't do anything to stop him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you kind of are one of the guilty party because you could have just said "Let's not bring that topic up here where it isn't relevant". You didn't do anything to stop him.

Guilty by reason of silence?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's just a weird joke.

I'm planning to refer Charles as "Queen Charles" after his momma dies. (A weird thing about me is that I am ardently anti-monarchist. The whole idea of hereditary leadership makes my ill. I cope the only way I can, by mocking.)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
By way of my fan club in Post 202.

Just a response referring back to your original diversion into "The Flood" by analogy. Vir tweaked you about the wine in analogy to the flood and you went all in. That exactly what is meant by "AV being AV".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Guilty by reason of silence?

Guilty by inaction rather.

I'm planning to refer Charles as "Queen Charles" after his momma dies. (A weird thing about me is that I am ardently anti-monarchist. The whole idea of hereditary leadership makes my ill. I cope the only way I can, by mocking.)

I can honestly respect that. It is just a weird joke for a guy who is a fan of history (me, not you).

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Guilty by inaction rather.

I can honestly respect that. It is just a weird joke for a guy who is a fan of history (me, not you).

I'm also a fan of history (mostly ours, not yours -- too many monarchs). Isn't it James I/VI though?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm also a fan of history (mostly ours, not yours -- too many monarchs). Isn't it James I/VI though?

I do like American history since it's... it's madcap. But yeah, it is James I. James I of England, and the VI of Scotland. No idea why I thought he was James IV.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
King. Not queen. King James I of England, and IV of Scotland.
There was some dispute about that: Rex fuit Elizabeth, nunc est regina Iacobus [Elizabeth was King, now James is Queen].

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.