Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My beloved husband passed very peacefully from this life 2hours ago. I was with him together with my elder daughter.

He is now at peace and free from all suffering.

I would be grateful if you would keep him in your prayers

Anhelyna
I'm so sorry, Anhelyna.
blue.gif
Lord, have mercy on Raymond. :crosseo:

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My prayers are with you...

1 Thessalonians 4:12-18
Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anhelyna, I am so sorry to hear this :hug: May his memory be eternal :crosseo:
I know that Raymond has been blanketed with prayers for some time now, may that and the knowledge of Christ's Resurrection be of some comfort during these difficult days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mytheodos

Oct 9, 2006
✟16,789.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Memory eternal..May his soul rest in peace.:crosseo:

O Master, Lord our God, Who in Thy wisdom hast created man, and didst honor him with Thy Divine image, and place in him the spirit of life, and lead him into this world, bestowing on him the hope of resurrection and life everlasting; and after he had violated Thy commandments, Thou O Gracious lover of mankind, didst descend to the earth that Thou mightest renew again the creation of Thy hands. Therefore we pray Thee, O All-Holy Master give rest to the soul of Thy servant, Raymond , in a place of brightness, a place of green pasture, a place of repose, and, in that he has sinned in word, or deed or thought forgive him: For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind and unto Thee do we ascribe Glory, together with Thy Father, Who is from everlasting and Thine All-Holy and good, and ever giving Spirit, now, and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.:crosseo::crosseo::crosseo:

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,308,620.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all for your support .

I have to admit that though I have in practice been living on my own for several months at a time - there has always been a time when we were together for short periods , now there is a big gap in my life :( We would have been married for 45 years on July 7.

His funeral has now been confirmed - it will be on Friday 5 June at 11.30 [ UK - I'll leave you to do our own conversions about that timing ] It will be according to Raymond's wishes - a short Service at our local Crematorium , taken by the minister [ Church of Scotland ] who took his parents' funerals.

We will then go to a local Italian [ real Italians :D ] Restaurant , to which I took Raymond in November ,[ when we realised that his likliehood of survival was non-existent ] for a wonderful meal , for a lunch.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.