My Apple Challenge

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Even that wouldn't prove Ex nihilo, as all they had to do was transport the matter to put together an apple from another location. You're sensors would still measure an increase in weight, pressure, volume, energy, ect but wouldn't prove that it came from Nothing just that it was made in the room, maybe via some form of quantum teleporter.

True. Even so, far better than nothing. You can't test it perfectly

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I create an apple ex nihilo into the palm of your hand.

What evidence would you use to convince your friend I did this?

If my friend was to counter whatever evidence I offered with evidence to the contrary, such as security video of you visiting me earlier in the day, delivering some apples to where I work, would it be acceptable to explain that away as 'embedded age'... that the existence of that video was perfectly acceptable and in no way suggests that any attempts at deception were involved? What the video showed was coincidental, subject to interpretation, or perhaps we were not interpreting the time stamps correctly. It just *looks* like I had received some apples in the past, much like the one in my hand, but I have to convince my friend you poofed it into existence.

As long as we disregard whatever he says that we cannot account for, then we have been successful? We just keep repeating the claim that it was poofed into existence, as what is important is that we tried, even if the friend remains unconvinced?

Upvote 0