✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

If you are a Muslim, I am looking to instigate a challenge to prove who is really God, Allah of the Quran, or Jesus of the bible. I am looking for Muslim faith leaders who would be willing to take part. The challenge can be see here The Pouring out Challenge We also need people for the challenge be they Muslim or Christian (or other). See the web page above.

• Prayers
Reactions: Godistruth1

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

If you are a Muslim, I am looking to instigate a challenge to prove who is really God, Allah of the Quran, or Jesus of the bible. I am looking for Muslim faith leaders who would be willing to take part. The challenge can be see here The Pouring out Challenge We also need people for the challenge be they Muslim or Christian (or other). See the web page above.

Allah is just Arabic for God. Muslims revere Jesus as the purest of the prophets, born of a virgin from the mind of God like Adam.

They don't believe in blood sacrifice for sin.. That is innocent blood does not expiate sin.. They also don't believe in original sin. God does not eat nor is he fed.

Your challenge doesn't really make much sense.

Muhammed's sermons often began, "Save yourselves. I cannot save you. Return to the God of Abraham".

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allah is just Arabic for God. Muslims revere Jesus as the purest of the prophets, born of a virgin from the mind of God like Adam.

They don't believe in blood sacrifice for sin.. That is innocent blood does not expiate sin.. They also don't believe in original sin. God does not eat nor is he fed.

Muhammed's sermons often began, "Save yourselves. I cannot save you. Return to the God of Abraham".
So I can improve things, what in my challenge does not make sense?

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So I can improve things, what in my challenge does not make sense?

I don't know who the author (Robert Palmer) is but he doesn't know enough about Islam to contrive such a challenge at the expense of people who are sick.

Muslims "worship" God shoulder to shoulder...They don't do Benny Hinn type performances.

So the answer to this moronic challenge is.. Muslims would take the sick to a doctor.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know who the author (Robert Palmer) is but he doesn't know enough about Islam to contrive such a challenge at the expense of people who are sick.

Muslims "worship" God shoulder to shoulder...They don't do Benny Hinn type performances.

So the answer to this moronic challenge is.. Muslims would take the sick to a doctor.
So you are suggesting the Muslim god has no power? If you are unable at least humor me by providing us some sick people to pray for. You can prove me wrong by offering me someone to pray for.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...Sound to me like someone is trying to recreate Elijah's "God vs Baal" scenario.

I really don't believe God is calling people to put on "Me vs. your diety" challenges. God is bigger than that.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So you are suggesting the Muslim god has no power? If you are unable at least humor me by providing us some sick people to pray for. You can prove me wrong by offering me someone to pray for.

I didn't say that. Muslims pray for healing of the sick AND they take people to the doctor. Benny Hinn would be considered a swindler in Islam.

• Agree
Reactions: Qwertyui0p
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...Sound to me like someone is trying to recreate Elijah's "God vs Baal" scenario.

I really don't believe God is calling people to put on "Me vs. your diety" challenges. God is bigger than that.
Maybe ... but what have I got to lose. I know god can do the impossible. This world needs the God of Elijah. God will do the impossible one day, and maybe that day is today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

"Allah" is not Arabic for "God". Muslims will tell you that "Allah" is a proper name and attribute of their God named "Allah". Arabic is a language that mostly came from the Aramaic language. In Aramaic a word for deity or divinity was simply "Al". Thus in Aramaic the names Israel, Ishmael, Elijah, Michael, etc, were all IsraeAL, IshmaEL, ALijah, MichaAL, etc. This is a fact, not disputable. And of course you could not for example say that IshmaAL means "The Ishma", or that IsraAL means "The Isra", that would be foolish to conclude since we know that the name IsraAL means "one who wrestles with God" and IshmaAL meaning "God will hear". The "AL" - and later the "EL" - simply denotes deity.

You have many false pagan "gods" within Islam and even in the Quran itself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are but three of these pagan gods that by name are mentioned in the Quran itself. It is referred to as the "satanic verses" because muslims admit that the verses came from satan himself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are found in Sura 53-19-20. This quote is right from my first search result on Google: "Hence the Sura 53-19-20 establishes the fact to muslims that God is one and only veneration of Allah is allowed. This whole episode of changing the Sura is now known as the Gharaniq episode or the Satanic verses incident as it is said Satan tricked the Prophet to recite this verse in public."

Now what you have in this Sura is the names Uzzah and Lat actually listed as... wait for it...drumroll... as AL-lat, and AL-Uzzah. Minat is not listed with the AL because Minat was thought to be the angel of death and so they would deny the title of "AL" - which would denote deity - to Minat.
And so this brings us back to AL-lah. Al-Lah literally means "god Lah".
It does not mean "The God". If it meant only "the God" then muslims would not try and say that it is a proper name for God. The reason they say it is a proper name is because it in fact is, however the name is "Lah". The Arabia pagan god Lah is recorded extensively as a false god that was worshiped in Arabia at the time of muhammad. Guess what? Lah is a lunar deity as well. The lunar deity for their region in fact. Muhammad simply made Lah the god that his tribe would worship. And of course hoards of Arabs began to follow the false prophet into lunar worship. I will copy and paste a link to facts about the god "Lah" below.

Iah - Wikipedia

Here is a statue of the god Lah. By the way, in ancient Egyptian polytheistic worship they worshiped also a god named "Lat" also. And the Minat of the Egyptians could very well have been for Egyptians the god Ma'at. But you can see that most of these Egyptian false gods found a new home in Arabia once the various dynasties of Egypt fell.
220px-Osiris-Iah_MET_04.2.452_001.jpg

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"Allah" is not Arabic for "God". Muslims will tell you that "Allah" is a proper name and attribute of their God named "Allah". Arabic is a language that mostly came from the Aramaic language. In Aramaic a word for deity or divinity was simply "Al". Thus in Aramaic the names Israel, Ishmael, Elijah, Michael, etc, were all IsraeAL, IshmaEL, ALijah, MichaAL, etc. This is a fact, not disputable. And of course you could not for example say that IshmaAL means "The Ishma", or that IsraAL means "The Isra", that would be foolish to conclude since we know that the name IsraAL means "one who wrestles with God" and IshmaAL meaning "God will hear". The "AL" - and later the "EL" - simply denotes deity.

You have many false pagan "gods" within Islam and even in the Quran itself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are but three of these pagan gods that by name are mentioned in the Quran itself. It is referred to as the "satanic verses" because muslims admit that the verses came from satan himself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are found in Sura 53-19-20. This quote is right from my first search result on Google: "Hence the Sura 53-19-20 establishes the fact to muslims that God is one and only veneration of Allah is allowed. This whole episode of changing the Sura is now known as the Gharaniq episode or the Satanic verses incident as it is said Satan tricked the Prophet to recite this verse in public."

Now what you have in this Sura is the names Uzzah and Lat actually listed as... wait for it...drumroll... as AL-lat, and AL-Uzzah. Minat is not listed with the AL because Minat was thought to be the angel of death and so they would deny the title of "AL" - which would denote deity - to Minat.
It does not mean "The God". If it meant only "the God" then muslims would not try and say that it is a proper name for God. The reason they say it is a proper name is because it in fact is, however the name is "Lah". The Arabia pagan god Lah is recorded extensively as a false god that was worshiped in Arabia at the time of muhammad. Guess what? Lah is a lunar deity as well. The lunar deity for their region in fact. Muhammad simply made Lah the god that his tribe would worship. And of course hoards of Arabs began to follow the false prophet into lunar worship. I will copy and paste a link to facts about the god "Lah" below.

Iah - Wikipedia

Here is a statue of the god Lah. By the way, in ancient Egyptian polytheistic worship they worshiped also a god named "Lat" also. And the Minat of the Egyptians could very well have been for Egyptians the god Ma'at. But you can see that most of these Egyptian false gods found a new home in Arabia once the various dynasties of Egypt fell.

Well the Hebrews originally worshiped the Canaanite pantheon.. Elyohim were the children of the God EL.

Arabic is older than Hebrew.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Who told you the God of the Qur'an and the God of the Bible are different? Muslims revere Jesus as a great prophet who is able to heal the sick and raise the dead. So forget about your fleece and just ask Muslims to seek Jesus to perform miracles in their life and let Jesus reveal who he is.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Iah - Wikipedia

Have you bothered to research where the word "GOD" came from? Here are some Biblical words used for God:

Hebrew: Elohim (pl), Eloah (sg), El (shortened)
Aramaic: Elah

Now let's shift to another Semitic language
Arabic: Allah.

It's not hard to see where it comes from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Iah - Wikipedia

Your are aware that Arabic speaking Christians refer to God as "Allah", right?

And.....oops.....Arabic Christians existed before Islam appeared in the middle east.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well the Hebrews originally worshiped the Canaanite pantheon.. Elyohim were the children of the God EL.

Arabic is older than Hebrew.

Arabic is not older than Hebrew. That is patently false. Arabic is even younger than Aramaic... Beyond that you didn't even give yourself a moment to take in my post. I commented that "allah" means in Arabic "god Lah", this refutes your claim that Allah means "the God". All you did is jumped ship to another topic and made yourself sound completely ignorant all over again only on a new topic. "Elohim" does not mean "children of the God El". Elohim is simply a title denoting deity in Aramaic and Hebrew. "Elohim" or "Alohim" could be used for the God of Abraham, true; but this title could also be applicable to angels as well. In fact I believe the Hebrew OT uses Elohim for angels on occasion. And sure you have incidents of Hebrews worshiping false gods all throughout the Bible.

But that does not mean that "Hebrews originally worshiped the Canaanite pantheon". More accurate would be to say that Terah, Abrams father did worship false gods in Ur of the Chaldean's but his son Abram believed in Monotheism given that the One God and Creator communicated with him calling him out of Babylon and to the land of today's Israel. Abram later named Abraham would father Isaac, and from Isaac Jacob and from Jacob the twelve tribes of Israel. And these people largely worshiped the God of their forefathers. The God YHWH, the One Creator of all things.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your are aware that Arabic speaking Christians refer to God as "Allah", right?

I am aware that no Aramaic speaking Christians referred to God as "Al-Lah" before the 7nth century... Are you aware that I never stated that muslims even know the origins of the word "Al-Lah". I am not asserting that the Arabs are culpable for their sacrilegious name for God, I believe they are simply ignorant. I am asserting the pagan origin of the name Al-Lah which is coming from a lunar deity named "Lah", that is all. I was refuting your claim that the name "Allah" means "The God" because it doesn't. Again, muslims claim that Allah is a PROPER NAME for God. "The God" would be a title, not a proper name.
Are you aware even further that Christians who live in Islamic communities, countries, regions, etc, are under strict control? They are constantly in fear for their own safety and safety of their families? Simply by being Christian the Quran demands them to be taxed or killed.
Besides here I could give you a link where muslims in Malyasia are making it illegal for Christians to use the name "Allah" for their God. So that refutes your point.

The Christians who call God 'Allah'

• Agree
Reactions: Qwertyui0p
Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you bothered to research where the word "GOD" came from? Here are some Biblical words used for God:

Hebrew: Elohim (pl), Eloah (sg), El (shortened)
Aramaic: Elah

Now let's shift to another Semitic language
Arabic: Allah.

It's not hard to see where it comes from.

Apparently it is very hard to see where it comes from. You mentioned that "El" is a (shortened) name for God. Correct. However, this would be rendered as "Al" in Aramaic. Al simply means God. Neither Jews nor Christians would say that any of these: El, Al, Elohim, Alohim, El Elyion, Al Alyion, etc, are proper names for God however. Because they are not.
Muslims claim that "Allah" is a PROPER name for God.
This is because it is, it is literally in Arabic: "god Lah". Lah is a proper name of a lunar deity worshiped by the various Arabian nomadic tribes, such as the one muhammad belonged to. Lah had three daughters that are found in the Quran itself, AL-Lat, Al-Uzzah, and Minat. Lah is a lunar deity...
Ask yourself why there is a crescent moon atop every mosque.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am aware that no Aramaic speaking Christians referred to God as "Al-Lah" before the 7nth century
Source?
Besides here I could give you a link where muslims in Malyasia are making it illegal for Christians to use the name "Allah" for their God. So that refutes your point.
Uh....no it don't. It just means that Malaysian Muslims are making it illegal for Malaysian Christians to use that name.

Upvote 0