MIdwest
✟12,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But whereas “the gospel of the kingdom” had been committed to the twelve while Christ was on earth, “the preaching of the cross” (as good news) and “the gospel of the grace of God” was later committed to the Apostle Paul and to us (1 Cor. 1:18; Acts 20:24).

Today we do not proclaim the kingdom rights of Christ. Rather we proclaim “redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Eph. 1:7).

I praise God for your understanding of His Word! Beautiful!!

Upvote 0

PamCAID

Jan 20, 2018
MIdwest
✟12,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus, John the Baptist, and the Eleven all preached the same thing: Kingdom gospel of repentance. This gospel was first to Israel since "the kingdom is at hand." It then went out to the small 'c' non-indwelt church in Acts, reaching Gentiles alike. This church was promised and prophesied back in the Old Testament to occur, as you see Peter quoting in Acts 2. Notice in Acts that it's still the Kingdom gospel they're preaching. Even Paul is doing this -- which I explain the best I can in the articles mentioned below.

Paul's gospel, rec'd not on the road to Damascus, but later as a direct revelation from Jesus -- our gospel -- was only given to him, and is only found in his books.

Since the Holy Spirit's actions in Acts 2 were prophesied back in the OT to happen, this event cannot be the start of the sealed and secure big 'C' Church that Paul was given much later and speaks of in his 13 epistles. He was still Saul at this time!

I have a number of articles on this at my site if you're interested in more info. The Eleven and Paul is one. Synoptic Gospels might help too. God bless you either way!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What about the gospel that Jesus preached? He wasn't crucified and risen yet, so it couldn't have been the gospel that Paul preached per 1st Corinthians 15:1-8. I am just confused about how to explain the distinction between Jew and gentile, and how they differ under the Law, if at all, in the New Covenant.

Help if you can...
All of the rest of the New Testament, including Galatians and 1 Corinthians were written after Jesus death. But Jesus never preached a different gospel.

One thing you have to remember about the Old Testament and the Old Covenant is it was a people group Covenant, the Law.

God singled out His Chosen people the Hebrews/Israelite's and all the people of that bloodline and heritage were part of that. Like when Moses left with the Israelite's when they escaped from slavery, all the Israelite people were slaves and Moses took all God's people with him.

The New Covenant is NOT a people group covenant at all. It is a faith covenant for ALL who believe, but still there are the Hebrew/Israelite people who were under the Old Covenant, whereas, Gentiles (non Jews) were never under the Old Covenant because they are not part of the people group.

So, some people (Jews) needed to know how this New Covenant affected the Old Covenant they were under as Hebrews/Israelites, while the others (Gentiles) were never under that covenant and just started with the New Covenant.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi again Radagast. So there has never been another gospel?
There has never been permanent atonement for sin until Jesus Christ.

Under the Law, there was temporary atonement for sin, but not permanent. That's why it is the Good News, Christ Jesus.

What the Law could not do, Christ did.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But Jesus never preached a different gospel.

All gospels, including the four canonical gospels, are interpretive narratives trying to make sense of the life and teachings of Jesus several decades after his death. Given that they differ with each other in many respects, I am not at all convinced that the gospels reflect the message of Jesus accurately.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All gospels, including the four canonical gospels, are interpretive narratives trying to make sense of the life and teachings of Jesus several decades after his death. Given that they differ with each other in many respects, I am not at all convinced that the gospels reflect the message of Jesus accurately.
That's your opinion.

What verses do you have issues with or is it the entire Bible? Seems I always read in your posts that you doubt everything in the Bible or am I incorrect?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello JackRt.

I agree with your comment regarding the three so called synoptic gospels, but what about John's gospel?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus, John the Baptist, and the Eleven all preached the same thing: Kingdom gospel of repentance. This gospel was first to Israel since "the kingdom is at hand." It then went out to the small 'c' non-indwelt church in Acts, reaching Gentiles alike. This church was promised and prophesied back in the Old Testament to occur, as you see Peter quoting in Acts 2. Notice in Acts that it's still the Kingdom gospel they're preaching. Even Paul is doing this -- which I explain the best I can in the articles mentioned below.

Paul's gospel, rec'd not on the road to Damascus, but later as a direct revelation from Jesus -- our gospel -- was only given to him, and is only found in his books.

Since the Holy Spirit's actions in Acts 2 were prophesied back in the OT to happen, this event cannot be the start of the sealed and secure big 'C' Church that Paul was given much later and speaks of in his 13 epistles. He was still Saul at this time!

I have a number of articles on this at my site if you're interested in more info. The Eleven and Paul is one. Synoptic Gospels might help too. God bless you either way!

I hear you loud and clear and appreciate your response. My issue is summed up in Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

This appears to me that Paul believed that there was only one true gospel and that others were preaching another gospel, which was false. How do you explain this?

Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I disagree with you on the first sentence. John the Baptist preached repentence as the forerunner to Christ.

Christ and the apostles preached salvation by faith through Christ's blood. Jesus told them this at the Last Supper.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello JackRt.

I agree with your comment regarding the three so called synoptic gospels, but what about John's gospel?

Being the last of the canonical gospels the Gospel of John shows the greatest theological development. This is just a polite way of saying the greatest level of interpretation.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being the last of the canonical gospels the Gospel of John shows the greatest theological development. This is just a polite way of saying the greatest level of interpretation.
Hello JackRT.

Interpretation or revelation?

Upvote 0

PamCAID

Jan 20, 2018
MIdwest
✟12,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the Upper Room with the Eleven (and Judas) is an important time, to be sure! Remember, Jesus is still speaking to the same group He's been teaching all along. No sealed Church here, no Pauline gospel of salvation by faith alone. I think we get caught up in confusing salvation, which Jesus purchased at the cross for all who believe, with security, which is only promised to indwelt believers, meaning us. (See my home page for that.) I know I used to do just that! Thinking John 3:16 proves security when, in fact, it's only speaking of salvation. There's insecurity throughout the Gospel accounts.

The NC is very important, obviously, yet you only find it mentioned a couple times in our Church Age books of Romans through Philemon. Why? Because it relates to Israel in the Kingdom (Millennium), not us now. If you think about it, why else would such an important topic only be mentioned once or twice in our books? And when it is, Paul's basically telling the Corinthians to do it in the right way!

Remember, Hebrews -- where 90% of the NC info is at -- is not our book doctrinally. Thank God for that, since it shows the same lack of security you find in the Synoptic Gospels and in James through Revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PamCAID

Jan 20, 2018
MIdwest
✟12,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hear you loud and clear and appreciate your response. My issue is summed up in Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

This appears to me that Paul believed that there was only one true gospel and that others were preaching another gospel, which was false. How do you explain this?

Thanks.

I don't really know the timing on this. Galatians was obviously written after Paul's revelation from Jesus. How long after? Were the other apostles still preaching their gospel and making disciples? Is Paul just referring to those who were just twisting his gospel and adding works? I'm not sure, sir.

Upvote 0

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only one good news with levels of understanding. Mixing the historical with the eternal now keeps these various theories/tradition of division alive, fragmenting the body into Jew and Gentile when they are symbology Galatians 4:24 for the inward division caused by partaking of the fruit of good/spirit and evil/flesh Galatians 3:1-5, serving tẃo masters/worlds Galatians 4:1, the Son has no master in this world as long as he doesn't judge it by appearance, our Father judges no man so that should be a hint on how to escape its mentality of duality 2 Corinthians 3:6 from mixing these positions having the spirit serve the letter/shadow instead of the other way around.

The location of the kingdom and its availability being present tense instead of the future tense of the traditional view, with doctrines telling you the kingdom isn't at hand to keep one looking into the first born's future, outside the temple of ''the living God'' which is you 1 Corinthians 3:16, is a search into doctrines that keep you asleep in vanity keeping you blinded to who you are. .
There has never been permanent atonement for sin until Jesus Christ.

Under the Law, there was temporary atonement for sin, but not permanent. That's why it is the Good News, Christ Jesus.

What the Law could not do, Christ did.
The crucifixion took place before the foundation of the world, the pearl/seed/light buried in every ''MAN" hide dark sayings/shadows parables that tell its tale in duality about the path to reconciliation of the both in Christ which the whole world/gentile is Acts 17:28 even if it is in ignorance to that unknown God they are still live and have their being in Christ, the mystery of that Christ in you the kingdom and temple of God is the secret pearl in man he can't except until reborn from above the Mother of us all, tradition has man looking in the parables/shadows/outwardly searching which is why all these gospel theories can survive until the inner light of true division exposes them 2 Corinthians 3:6.
Tradition tells us our Father required sacrifice yet He denies it was His way of dealing with His offspring Psalms 40:6 a little jewel hide in the field of scripture making blood sacrifice mans perversion from thinking parable was literal truth missing the Father's Will.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't really know the timing on this. Galatians was obviously written after Paul's revelation from Jesus. How long after? Were the other apostles still preaching their gospel and making disciples? Is Paul just referring to those who were just twisting his gospel and adding works? I'm not sure, sir.
Hello PamCAID.

Paul gives the timing in the letter to the Galatians.

Galatians 1:18
Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days.

Galatians 2:2
Then after an interval of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along also.

All up about seventeen years minimum from the date of Paul's conversion.

Paul is very hard on the Jewish church in Jerusalem, read chapter two carefully.

Paul rebukes Peter to his face.

Galatians 2
11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision.

Both James it appears and Peter were distorting the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

PamCAID

Jan 20, 2018
MIdwest
✟12,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I compare the Eleven's gospel to Paul's here:
http://www.churchageisdifferent.com/church-chart/

If I'm not allowed to have links, would you please let me know?

Once we're raptured, I believe the Kingdom gospel will be back in play, thus Hebrews thru Revelation.

Also, do you know if, once I have enough points or whatever, I can blog articles I've written on these subjects? Or do they go in forums?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I compare the Eleven's gospel to Paul's here:
Church Chart - Church Age is Different

If I'm not allowed to have links, would you please let me know?

Once we're raptured, I believe the Kingdom gospel will be back in play, thus Hebrews thru Revelation.

Also, do you know if, once I have enough points or whatever, I can blog articles I've written on these subjects? Or do they go in forums?

Thanks!

I hold the Acts 9 Position aka Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

Which is somewhat different from your view.

I've met a good dozen or so individuals who hold views very similar to yours - everyone of them have been very intolerant of any view but their own; and most of them have been very insulting towards anyone attempting to point out either their errors or their insulting manner.

So it's refreshing to read the posts of someone who, though appearing to hold views similar to theirs; does not appear to share their ugly spirit towards anyone who disagrees with them.

Really enjoyed that video with the children.

"Why the Jews"

Rom. 14:5 - which is an instruction easy to live out, when Rom. 5: 6- 8 - in each our stead - is focused on, in remembrance of Him, 1 Cor. 11:24.

Last edited:
Reactions: PamCAID
Upvote 0