Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I’m having a hard time confirming if Mull Monastery is officially Eastern Orthodox.
Their YouTube channel came up as a random selection as I was searching for videos to watch. It seemed interesting enough but I wanted to check if they were actually Eastern Orthodox but this is all I could find. Any help would be appreciated.

mullmonastery.com

Jurisdictionally, the Monastery functions with the blessing of His Eminence Joseph, the Metropolitan for Southern and Western Europe of the Romanian Orthodox Patriarchate.

Frankl

A Man Searching for Truth
Aug 26, 2020
Tbilisi
✟24,893.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Fr. Seraphim talks that he is an Orthodox from Romania in the latest video:

btw, why he own different looking icons? afaik Orthodox icons are based on Byzantine icons and innovations are strictly prohibited
D79FD75F-D8BF-4BB5-8E56-872C8FF6DBFF-270x364.jpeg

NOTE: His videos are REALLY helpful for me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
btw, why he own different looking icons? afaik Orthodox icons are based on Byzantine icons and innovations are strictly prohibited

icons for personal use are sometimes more flexible than official Church use. many of those icons you probably would see in a personal home altar, and not a parish altar.

Upvote 0