junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone had experience taking the supplement MSM? It's a sulfur compound that's supposed to be great for detoxing and healing, down to the cellular level. I'm just starting to take it (day 2 now). Just wondering if anyone here has used it before.

Here's a description if you're unfamiliar with it: http://www.getmsm.com/readme.htm

clmc

Apr 22, 2007
Southeast
✟7,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I take MSM. I started a few months ago for my joints, but it is also good for allergies and lots of other things. I gave some to my mother in law to help with her arthritis and she is hooked on it now!

If I take too much, though, it bothers my stomach, so I only take 1 capsule a day @ 750 mg. But it's definitely made a difference for me.

Upvote 0

junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I take MSM. I started a few months ago for my joints, but it is also good for allergies and lots of other things. I gave some to my mother in law to help with her arthritis and she is hooked on it now!

If I take too much, though, it bothers my stomach, so I only take 1 capsule a day @ 750 mg. But it's definitely made a difference for me.

That's really interesting. Has it helped your joints and your mother's arthritis? I was just talking to a friend today and she's got aching joints. I was thinking about mentioning MSM to her but didn't know if it helped with those things.

Upvote 0

clmc

Apr 22, 2007
Southeast
✟7,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What actually got me to try it out was that my jaw started hurting really bad! I was chewing a lot of gum at the time and have had TMJ symptoms in the past, but was never diagnosed. It got to where I'd wake up with severe jaw pain every morning and it would hurt to even open my mouth for a while. I already take other vitamins and supplements so I started researching what to take for TMJ and found that MSM is supposed to be one of the best things for that as well as arthritis and other joint issues. I have had arthritis in one knee since I was a teen and I'd been using cherry juice concentrate for a couple of years to help with that. I figured if nothing else, it might help my knee and other aches and pains of "aging joints", so I started taking it. Within days, my jaw pain was GONE! Gradually my knee and other joint pain eased and I have since stopped using the cherry juice concentrate and only use the MSM. Since I run, knee pain is aggravating and always concerns me. I was already using Glucosamine and Chondroitin for the cartilage but didn't know that MSM had additional benefits until I started researching.

My Mother In Law had problems with her fingers on one hand being so arthritic that she could hardly move them and was having problems even holding a pen to write. I asked her if she would try some if I bought it for her and she said she was willing to try anything. After the first week, she could already feel the difference and she has continued to take it and has nothing but great things to say about it. She is able to take 500-750 mg twice a day(1000-1500 mg total) with no problems.

It's also supposed to help with allergies/asthma and quite a few other things and since it has no real side effects, I think it's great. Like I said, though, I can't take a lot or it bothers my stomach. I'm not sure if it's from the fillers they put in or not, but I'm like that with certain supplements and I have pretty much narrowed it down to the fillers as being the problem. I just take what I am able to and fortunately, that is enough to help.

Reactions: junezephyr
Upvote 0

junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What actually got me to try it out was that my jaw started hurting really bad! I was chewing a lot of gum at the time and have had TMJ symptoms in the past, but was never diagnosed. It got to where I'd wake up with severe jaw pain every morning and it would hurt to even open my mouth for a while. I already take other vitamins and supplements so I started researching what to take for TMJ and found that MSM is supposed to be one of the best things for that as well as arthritis and other joint issues. I have had arthritis in one knee since I was a teen and I'd been using cherry juice concentrate for a couple of years to help with that. I figured if nothing else, it might help my knee and other aches and pains of "aging joints", so I started taking it. Within days, my jaw pain was GONE! Gradually my knee and other joint pain eased and I have since stopped using the cherry juice concentrate and only use the MSM. Since I run, knee pain is aggravating and always concerns me. I was already using Glucosamine and Chondroitin for the cartilage but didn't know that MSM had additional benefits until I started researching.

My Mother In Law had problems with her fingers on one hand being so arthritic that she could hardly move them and was having problems even holding a pen to write. I asked her if she would try some if I bought it for her and she said she was willing to try anything. After the first week, she could already feel the difference and she has continued to take it and has nothing but great things to say about it. She is able to take 500-750 mg twice a day(1000-1500 mg total) with no problems.

It's also supposed to help with allergies/asthma and quite a few other things and since it has no real side effects, I think it's great. Like I said, though, I can't take a lot or it bothers my stomach. I'm not sure if it's from the fillers they put in or not, but I'm like that with certain supplements and I have pretty much narrowed it down to the fillers as being the problem. I just take what I am able to and fortunately, that is enough to help.

That's great. Thanks so much for the information. I'm definitely going to tell my friend about it now. :thumbsup:

I've been taking it just for body detox, but I'm glad to know it's got all of these additional benefits.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I used to take MSM for my joints and I loved it. I got it a lot cheaper at a Feed & Seed store (they use it on horses). I moved to a place with no Feed & Seed store and I couldn't afford it, so stopped taking it.

Upvote 0