Mr Beast Youtuber who does good deeds and is despised for it.

R.Weeks79

Nov 17, 2023
Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mr. Beast is the biggest youtuber on the planet. He uses his platform to help others, it is also how he makes his money. I have seen people say he is a white savior for doing good in africa. He had surgery done on over a 1000 people to return there sight and that makes him demonic. One of the big arguments is would he be doing all this good if he did not have money. He can make money...good money...without doing good for others.

He wants to do good, to make a change in the world and the best way to do it is to make money. He made this post on Twitter

Twitter - Rich people should help others with their money
Me - Okay, I’ll use my money to help people and I promise to give away all my money before I die. Every single penny.
Twitter - MrBeast bad

I am happy he is not letting a bunch of jerks stop him from doing what he does.

I guess my question is...what is the problem. Other people like to complain, I mean he could cure cancer people would complain

Last edited:

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess my question is...what is the problem. Other people like to complain, I mean he could cure cancer people would complain
I think Jacks is right about jealousy. I've heard some say Mr. Beast just does it to draw attention to himself.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MrBeast is a good business man and decent philanthropist, but person of questionable ethics and morals who makes some ridiculously stupid, obnoxious, vapid content.

He is Johnny Knoxville meets Jerry Lewis meets Ellen.

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not only is he helping others desperately in need on a massive scale, but he is inspiring others to help the poor. Kids donate their allowances to him to help him give to others. I dunno about yall but when I was a kid the last thing I was thinking about was helping the poor.. It took me until my 30s for Christ to soften my heart to care for them because I had no example of anyone giving to the poor growing up.. There are also tons of other channels going out and giving to the poor and im not aware of any that existed before him. He has created a positive feedback loop of giving to those in need and its beautiful.

I pray one day I can do even just a fraction of what he does for others, and argue that he mirrors Christ better than myself in his downright addiction to giving.

"bUt wAiT! hIs bEsT fRiEnD iS tRaNs!"

Matthew 9:10-17, Mark 2:15-22, and Luke 5:29-39

Such an important part of the Gospels its mentioned in 3 out of 4 of the books...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not only is he helping others desperately in need on a massive scale, but he is inspiring others to help the poor. Kids donate their allowances to him to help him give to others. I dunno about yall but when I was a kid the last thing I was thinking about was helping the poor.. It took me until my 30s for Christ to soften my heart to care for them because I had no example of anyone giving to the poor growing up.. There are also tons of other channels going out and giving to the poor and im not aware of any that existed before him. He has created a positive feedback loop of giving to those in need and its beautiful.

I pray one day I can do even just a fraction of what he does for others, and argue that he mirrors Christ better than myself in his downright addiction to giving.

"bUt wAiT! hIs bEsT fRiEnD iS tRaNs!"

Matthew 9:10-17, Mark 2:15-22, and Luke 5:29-39

Such an important part of the Gospels its mentioned in 3 out of 4 of the books...
I don’t care that his best friend is trans. I just question the altruism of an act where he spends half a million knowing he is going to turn what he donated into a video that makes him 50 million, most of which he will keep. That’s not so much charity as it is investing.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mr. Beast is the biggest youtuber on the planet. He uses his platform to help others, it is also how he makes his money. I have seen people say he is a white savior for doing good in africa. He had surgery done on over a 1000 people to return there sight and that makes him demonic. One of the big arguments is would he be doing all this good if he did not have money. He can make money...good money...without doing good for others.

He wants to do good, to make a change in the world and the best way to do it is to make money. He made this post on Twitter

Twitter - Rich people should help others with their money
Me - Okay, I’ll use my money to help people and I promise to give away all my money before I die. Every single penny.
Twitter - MrBeast bad

I am happy he is not letting a bunch of jerks stop him from doing what he does.

Maybe he wants to be the next Mother Teresa?

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t care that his best friend is trans. I just question the altruism of an act where he spends half a million knowing he is going to turn what he donated into a video that makes him 50 million, most of which he will keep. That’s not so much charity as it is investing.
Your math is made up and nonsensical, on his biggest video squid games he spent 3.5 million to produce, made 1.5 in ad revenue and got 3 million from the sponsor. He also doesn't "keep" his money, he reinvests most of it into more videos because his overhead is massive.

That's how a business works... Do you think the salvation army puts 100% of donations towards charity? Do you think your church puts 100% of your tithe toward benevolence?

You should stop judging someone who is clearly doing more good than either of us could ever dream of doing, especially when you are clearly uninformed and making things up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your math is made up and nonsensical, on his biggest video squid games he spent 3.5 million to produce, made 1.5 in ad revenue and got 3 million from the sponsor. He also doesn't "keep" his money, he reinvests most of it into more videos because his overhead is massive.
A YT video that cost $3.5M US dollars to make? Really? I've never seen one that should have cost $3.5 thousand to make (not counting the "value" of the maker's time).
That's how a business works... Do you think the salvation army puts 100% of donations towards charity? Do you think your church puts 100% of your tithe toward benevolence?
Your parish is a private club, not a benevolent organization. I'd be surprised if it was as much as 10%.
You should stop judging someone who is clearly doing more good than either of us could ever dream of doing, especially when you are clearly uninformed and making things up.
I've been reading this thread, but I have no idea who this person even is.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A YT video that cost $3.5M US dollars to make? Really? I've never seen one that should have cost $3.5 thousand to make (not counting the "value" of the maker's time).

Then this is an instance where maybe you should watch the video before commenting, or at least Google it, because costing $3.5M dollars to produce is quite likely.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then this is an instance where maybe you should watch the video before commenting, or at least Google it, because costing $3.5M dollars to produce is quite likely.
Gee, I only said I never heard of such things. I thought this thread was about a YouToober who made a big deal about his charity and people skeptical of him.

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prize money alone in the video was $456,000. Do you think all those fancy sets for the games build themselves and are free? Do you think its free to feed more than 500 people for weeks? Do you think camera men and video editors work for free?

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Gee, I only said I never heard of such things. I thought this thread was about a YouToober who made a big deal about his charity and people skeptical of him.

Personally, I can't judge the guys actions. So he makes money doing it, big deal, as if I care. Now if he helps people while doing it that's great, and if people find it entertaining that's good too. But unfortunately people like to judge, so one person's angel is another person's demon, and more than anything else, that's where the problem lies... in people's tendency to swing to the extreme. It's just one person doing a seemingly innocuous thing, and a whole bunch of other people arguing about it as if it matters.

Me thinks that people tend to overestimate the importance of things... which more often than not doesn't help the problem, it is the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Mr. Beast has $500 million dollars, so clearly he is keeping more than a bit of his money.

And if the Salvation Army took in money, donated a portion of it to a chunk of people, filmed the people benefitting it so that they could monetize it for more money than they donated it for, then pocketed some and then used the rest of it for such amazingly mentally stimulating content as “I buried myself alive for 50 hours” and “what it’s like to spend the night in a $1 million dollar a night mansion,” then yes, I’d say Salvation Army is a business, not a charity. The very phrase “he has massive overhead” is a clue that he is running a business built on monetizing something, not a charity. Proper charities typically give away .80 cents or more to the dollar, which Mr. Beast is not.

Is he doing good? Yes. Is he philanthropic? Yes. Is he just another content creator doing it for the clicks and the cash and not altruism? Yes.

At the end of the day, he makes money off of what is called charity you-know-what, and running lottery-like game shows that the younger generation think make him cool and charitable. He’s a master businessman for rebranding clickbait and content creating in a way that makes people think he’s a charitable guy, but really… Just a content creator churning out brainless content for money preying on an audience that is bad at math.

Reactions: seeker2122
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The prize money alone in the video was $456,000. Do you think all those fancy sets for the games build themselves and are free? Do you think its free to feed more than 500 people for weeks? Do you think camera men and video editors work for free?
Again, it’s a game show. It’s like saying Price is Right or your state lotto is doing charitable works because they have a cash prize.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr. Beast has $500 million dollars, so clearly he is keeping more than a bit of his money.

And if the Salvation Army took in money, donated a portion of it to a chunk of people, filmed the people benefitting it so that they could monetize it for more money than they donated it for, then pocketed some and then used the rest of it for such amazingly mentally stimulating content as “I buried myself alive for 50 hours” and “what it’s like to spend the night in a $1 million dollar a night mansion,” then yes, I’d say Salvation Army is a business, not a charity. The very phrase “he has massive overhead” is a clue that he is running a business built on monetizing something, not a charity. Proper charities typically give away .80 cents or more to the dollar, which Mr. Beast is not.

Is he doing good? Yes. Is he philanthropic? Yes. Is he just another content creator doing it for the clicks and the cash and not altruism? Yes.

At the end of the day, he makes money off of what is called charity you-know-what, and running lottery-like game shows that the younger generation think make him cool and charitable. He’s a master businessman for rebranding clickbait and content creating in a way that makes people think he’s a charitable guy, but really… Just a content creator churning out brainless content for money preying on an audience that is bad at math.
No one but you has claimed that he is operating as a charity, infact in the very response you quoted I called it a business.

Regardless, he has helped more people than you could ever dream of. He inspires others, in particular children, to give on a massive previously unseen scale. He is putting good into the world and naysayers like you are jealous him.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one but you has claimed that he is operating as a charity, infact in the very response you quoted I called it a business.

Regardless, he has helped more people than you could ever dream of. He inspires others, in particular children, to give on a massive previously unseen scale. He is putting good into the world and naysayers like you are jealous him.
I can promise you, I am in no way jealous of him.

What he’s done before isn’t really “unseen.” He’s a glorified game show host and the concept of a charitable famous person was not pioneered by him, nor is he even the most successful at doing it. Heck, he’s not the most successful at doing it in the last 5 years.

You can like him, it’s fine, and I don’t deny that he has done some good things. But he’s not doing anything that hasn’t been done before. He certainly is not a cultural movement, just this generations Jerry Lewis meets Ellen.

Upvote 0

seeker2122

Sep 29, 2022
Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a youtuber myself but not full-time. I do make small amounts of money on youtube. I am by no means a professional
or talented in anything. I just mostly experiment and make videos about random things I'm interested in and see if I can make
any videos go viral or find out what niches I might be good at and enjoy doing. I'm actually very curious and shocked at this medium still.

Even though youtube has been around a long time now, people still dont seem to realize that you can seriously make a living just posting content. The problem of course multi-fold: a) you need to have some acumen at making content. Whether it be speaking, writing, editing, shooting videos, audio quality, lighting, etc., b) you need to be comfortable putting yourself out there like showing your face or connecting with your audience so that they feel like they know you personally, c) you need to also be consistent and persistent uploading content all the time and working on it does take a lot of time and energy, d) you need to genuine like what you are doing otherwise it'll be painstaking process.

It's crazy how young teens or non-college graduates can simply upload content on tiktok or yt or other social media now and some of them earn up to 10K a month, 50K, even 100K+ a month just for having a lot of silly fun, but knowing how to make good content that people want to watch.
Meanwhile they don't really contribute much to the planet, but you have doctors, physicists, scientists spend 20 years studying, 150k in student loan debt for tuition, work 70 hours a week and still only make 90k or 120k a year while your average teenage tiktoker can make 90k in a month just having fun (again, you have to be good/talented at having fun).

I know this is just free market capitalism at it's best....there is no rhyme or reason and no justice in capitalism. It only cares about what makes money. So whether it is a sin or not, there is a very clear and disturbing misallocation of rewards right now where onlyfans girls can make $100K a month showing off their youth and beauty (literally like an online prostitute since their bodies is the main selling tool) but a life-saving doctor has to work 100x times harder just and still won't be rewarded as much as a 19 year old social media prankster. Something is seriously wrong with this system and it will eventually be fixed but right now, it's the wild wild west of online content creators who are encouraged to keep doing this because they positively reinforce this behavior by paying them so much money ....more than you could ever thought possible so easily doing things that don't have much contribution to the world other than just entertainment, pleasure, and funneling traffic for advertisers.

How does this relate to Jesus and the life of Christians? This is the new realm we are just starting to grasp and having to struggle to understand and make sense of.

I'm in the middle of this struggle and it's incredibly intense right now so much so that I am having mental health problems trying to grasp and understand what the heck is going on with this world and where are we going in relation to all this while being Christians.

AI is changing everything as well and Neural link is right on the doorsteps too. If you don't know about neural link, it's basically going to put chips in everyone's brains so that we can compete with true AI as we'll be able to communicate with thoughts which is faster than words and writing. Neural link will also allow us to learn at speeds as fast just simply downloading knowledge like the matrix. We really are not prepared for what is about to come and life is going to change so drastically it questions Christianity and how it also needs to adapt to face the ever changing circumstances and world we live in.

Spreading the gospel will still occur but on a different playing field....you'll have thought advertisements and thought battles, the battle for people's minds, the idea that everyone will know everything at every moment simultaneously but knowing facts about Jesus is not the same as having a relationship with him. Will physical churches even exist because it may go all digital or neural.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0