Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
This question is about faith... not about salvation specifically, but the faith for healing, and other miracles... Jesus said that if we have faith then we could do all sorts of incredible things.

What do you believe around this and can it be done now?

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This question is about faith... not about salvation specifically, but the faith for healing, and other miracles... Jesus said that if we have faith then we could do all sorts of incredible things.

It can be done now and I’ve been a part of this act of God many times.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It is really an irelevant question.

The new testament healings and other miracles are all called signs for the reason that identified the performer as someone different.
In the case of Jesus to identify him as the Son of God.
When the apostles etc did healings it was in the name of Jesus and again was to point those there to Jesus.

So you cannot separate healings from faith in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The new testament healings and other miracles are all called signs for the reason that identified the performer as someone different.
When the apostles etc did healings it was in the name of Jesus and again was to point those there to Jesus.

I think it was because he had compassion on them.

Upvote 0

Tellyontellyon

Jan 19, 2020
Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married

Well, I wasn't trying to separate this as such, it is just that I wanted to ask more about the miracles than to discussed salvation. Unfortunate if you think that is irrelevant, but it's just what I'm interested in. Have you experienced any miracles yourself?

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It can be confusing to read some of the things Jesus tells his disciples and contrast that with Christianity today. One reason is that Jesus often described what could be expected when the promised kingdom was established.

The kingdom and new covenant foretold in Jeremiah 31:31 was for the nation of Israel. It is elsewhere describe in terms that indicate that supernatural phenomena would not be unusual. The healing and miracles of this age were briefly demonstrated in the early church (In Hebrew 6:5 described as "tasting" of the powers of the age to come).

It can be helpful to consider what is said in the bible in terms of what is said to whom and in reference to what.

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I prayed for a lame woman and she stood up and ran around the place. It was not in a western nation.
What kind of confirmation did you have that she was really lame? Were there actually deformities, like crooked bones, that straightened out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I believe that contemporary miraculous healings have happened.

There are some sects that interpret this in a toxic way, that you must not have had enough faith if the miracle you wanted or needed didn't happen. That is both Biblically incorrect and spiritually abusive.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I wasn't trying to separate this as such, it is just that I wanted to ask more about the miracles than to discussed salvation. Unfortunate if you think that is irrelevant, but it's just what I'm interested in. Have you experienced any miracles yourself?

Only the miracle of being saved and of seeing other saved.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What kind of confirmation did you have that she was really lame? Were there actually deformities, like crooked bones, that straightened out?
She was scooting across the floor unable to use her legs. You really think I cannot tell useless legs from those one can walk upon? Do you think this is difficult to know? Really?

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
She was scooting across the floor unable to use her legs. You really think I cannot tell useless legs from those one can walk upon? Do you think this is difficult to know? Really?
And now she walks fine? How is this not a famous story? Why didn’t anyone refuse to stop at nothing until the world had heard of this? This forum is full of atheists saying that they don’t believe because they don’t believe that a miracle can happen. If this is true then you’re sitting on the golden goose. So you can probably see the justification behind the skepticism

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CConversation

May 30, 2021
Ft. Worth
✟8,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If people have testimony about this, then please share.
I have a friend Who worships God and tries to live a surrendered obedient life in a Baptist seminary. I'm not sure if He started practicing healing prayer when He went out on His own to pray for People or when He started attending LifeStyle Christianity with Todd White but He started getting some very powerful results just asking for good to come to People by the Power of the Name of Jesus Christ. He once prayed for my Mom's painful shoulder impingement and she regained freedom of movement in her shoulders. At the same time He then prayed over Me, asking my Mom to anoint my head with some oil, which I went and grabbed, and when Mom anointed me I had an amazing vision of a Holy Spirit Wind blowing into my mind from where the oil was put on my forehead. I know that Jesus wants us Christians to just focus on helping People, that is what He came to do. Think of the millions of ways to help People... then the Gospel will come alive to us and the mystery of Christ will open!

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And now she walks fine? How is this not a famous story? Why didn’t anyone refuse to stop at nothing until the world had heard of this? This forum is full of atheists saying that they don’t believe because they don’t believe that a miracle can happen. If this is true then you’re sitting on the golden goose. So you can probably see the justification behind the skepticism
When Jesus healed a man, he told him to go and tell no one. I have told this to atheists and they refuse to believe it because it means their world view would fall apart. Those who want to really if there is a God do not need this story.

• Informative
Reactions: Vap841
Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus healed a man, he told him to go and tell no one. I have told this to atheists and they refuse to believe it because it means their world view would fall apart. Those who want to really if there is a God do not need this story.
That would be interesting actually, to get a group of atheist ‘test subjects’ in there, to have pretty impressive compelling evidence that it was a straight up miracle healing, and to see the different levels of rationalizing that might take place among them (maybe some would accept and some wouldn’t). I could picture some people immediately claiming that we have a freak natural occurrence on our hands that is very medically exciting, an anomaly, and it requires much more studies to find out what happened exactly. Then maybe some of them would have a moment that’s more like that Roman soldier in Passion of the Christ after Jesus reattached his ear that Peter cut off.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That would be interesting actually, to get a group of atheist ‘test subjects’ in there, to have pretty impressive compelling evidence that it was a straight up miracle healing, and to see the different levels of rationalizing that might take place among them (maybe some would accept and some wouldn’t). I could picture some people immediately claiming that we have a freak natural occurrence on our hands that is very medically exciting, an anomaly, and it requires much more studies to find out what happened exactly. Then maybe some of them would have a moment that’s more like that Roman soldier in Passion of the Christ after Jesus reattached his ear that Peter cut off.
When God spoke audibly to a crowd about Jesus saying "this is my beloved son" in words that some heard and recorded, there were others who decided that it had just thundered.

• Informative
Reactions: Vap841
Upvote 0