Movies?

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have soooo many movies that it's not funny! Hubby prefers to buy them and then he puts it away and will watch it again, oh maybe 3 years later. ^_^ It's not often we go to the theatres. Mostly to treat the kids. Usually Friday nights after the kids are in bed, he'll go get a movie to watch. Most times I stay up with him, but if it's a movie I really don't want to see, I'll get the portable dvd player with earphones and watch mine while he watches his. At least we're sitting on the same couch!

Upvote 0

angelsamongus

Daughter of the Most Holy
Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My hubby and I like a lot of the same kind of movies. Although he can't stand chick flicks, so that's when I call a friend. We prefer to watch movies that don't have nudity and are not scary (the kind that give you nightmares ie; The Exorcist)
We watch a lot at home after the kids go to bed. We have our computer hooked up to our HD TV so we can watch Netflix right on that or stream it through our PS3. We do enjoy watching movies.

Upvote 0

angelsamongus

Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband does like I mean loves Pride and Prejudice (The long one) Which is also a chick flick. We've seen it like 3 times since we have been married. (which has only been 4years). LOL But I'm talking like 27 Dresses, that one he would have fallen asleep to.

Upvote 0
B

blythe_ann

Mine does the same, Lena. I don't watch the really chick flick movies, but movies like Hitch always have him slowly becoming more interested. It probably helps that Will Smith is in it.
Just watched "Up in the Air" two nights ago. Of course, some of the morals were questionable, but it was one of the few movies where **SPOILER ALERT** the main character didn't end up with someone. **END SPOILER**

Going to see the new Robin Hood this weekend. Has it come out already elsewhere and ahs anyone seen it? We have a small theater so sometimes we get them a little late.

Upvote 0

angelsamongus

Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have not seen Robin Hood yet, but there's a good site called pluggedin.com that does reviews on movies. There Christian based reviews. It goes through: positive elements, spiritual content, sexual content, violent content, any drug or provasive language use. It also gives you there conclusion of the movie and it's content. It's a very complete review. It's for people looking for family friendly films, but we use it all the time for us. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Bob in Shumway

Bob - Christian saved by grace
Jun 7, 2010
Shumway, Arizona
Visit site
✟7,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Normally we don't watch the same type of movies. Though sometimes we both will give in and watch with each other movies the other enjoys. I enjoy good old comedies (Three Stooges etc., etc.), she enjoys silly chick flicks.

The one thing we both agree on though is watching NASCAR. She loves the races as much as I do............... :clap: :clap:

Bob
Luke 7:49 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Romanseight2005

Can anyone clearly define a chickflick? It seems to me that it is anything that isn't action, or macho. If all dramas fall under chickflicks, then I suppose I do watch them. Is there something called a manflick, or a guyflick? Or are movies that are geared toward men considered the norm, while anything that doesn't have flashy women half the age of the man, or lots of violence, is considered a chick flick. I really am just trying to figure it all out.

Upvote 0
B

blythe_ann

Normally we don't watch the same type of movies. Though sometimes we both will give in and watch with each other movies the other enjoys. I enjoy good old comedies (Three Stooges etc., etc.), she enjoys silly chick flicks.

The one thing we both agree on though is watching NASCAR. She loves the races as much as I do............... :clap: :clap:

Bob
Luke 7:49 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

LOL, it's awesome that you guys can watch Nascar together. We actually do the opposite, we actively DON'T watch NASCAR together. I get so bored and my husband likes rally racing, which I can tolerate. I liked watching NASCAR with my dad because he got so into it.

Upvote 0

angelsamongus

Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband say's chick flicks are sappy love stories. Examples: The Wedding Planner, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Love Actually, Mona Lisa Smile, What a Girl Wants, 50 First Dates, The Notebook, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Holiday, 27 Dresses. Just to name of the most recent ones. Oprah put these in her O magazine as 50 greatest chick flicks. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsamongus

Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree, some of those movies are not sappy! My husband does like some of those movies. And there are guys who would rather watch one of those movies. I know a married couple who are opposites. She like's anything with war and fighting and he likes anything like a chick flick. LOL. It's hard to watch a movie with them because they can never decide what to watch.

Does shutter island usually have a lot of cussing?

Upvote 0
B

blythe_ann

Don't know about shutter island, sorry!

In another thread someone said that the new Karate Kid was a good one. My husband has been waiting impatiently for it for a while now.

Just saw Robin Hood... decent-ish, a new take on an old story, but still another excuse to shoot people through the throat with arrows (seriously... two people died that way at least.). So if you like war movies, you may enjoy it, but those of us that don't like the blood aspect, it's not that enjoyable. It does win the most inappropriate place for a make out scene award, though.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

I agree, some of those movies are not sappy! My husband does like some of those movies. And there are guys who would rather watch one of those movies. I know a married couple who are opposites. She like's anything with war and fighting and he likes anything like a chick flick. LOL. It's hard to watch a movie with them because they can never decide what to watch.

Does shutter island usually have a lot of cussing?

It does have a lot of cussing. I only know this because when clearplay filters out language, it gets silent during the time that they are cussing. So you can tell that lot's of cussing was filtered. On the other hand, scenes with nudity, are cut out, depending on where you have your filter setting.

Upvote 0