Movie about the scientific history of the universe?

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Since the production of expelled, I find that it's about the right time for Dawkins, Krauss or whoever else who might be interested to create an inspiring movie about the true nature of science. Topics can include the simplicity of evolution, the big bang, what came "before" the big bang, to try to explain to the general public about just how powerful the theory of evolution really is and to really get into what the public might misunderstand about science in a polite manner. I would be very interested in watching a movie that promotes reason and science and to try to push for a more educated world, the problem of course is that it would be very expensive to pull off and I'm not sure where they could get the money needed for the production. What do you think of the idea?

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Blayz. It's been done before, although an update would be good....that being said, if done in direct response to "Expelled" that would make it look like there was actually something of value in the film to begin with. Richard Dawkins sure wouldn't do that, what with his "oxygen of respectability" ideas...

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Blayz. It's been done before, although an update would be good....that being said, if done in direct response to "Expelled" that would make it look like there was actually something of value in the film to begin with. Richard Dawkins sure wouldn't do that, what with his "oxygen of respectability" ideas...

It wouldn't be a response to expelled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CACTUSJACKmankin

Scientist
Jan 25, 2007
✟11,817.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I would love to see a movie about Darwin and the birth and rise of the theory of evolution. it's a fascinating story. Galapagos, realization of the patterns, hashing out the theory, personal struggles (especially with his devout wife), waiting 20 years, Wallace's letter, the announcement, the release, the scientific reaction, the public reaction. There's so much engaging storytelling there.

Upvote 0

peacechild

Freethinker/Skeptic/Humanist/Atheist
Apr 24, 2005
✟15,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would love to see a movie about Darwin and the birth and rise of the theory of evolution. it's a fascinating story. Galapagos, realization of the patterns, hashing out the theory, personal struggles (especially with his devout wife), waiting 20 years, Wallace's letter, the announcement, the release, the scientific reaction, the public reaction. There's so much engaging storytelling there.

Hey, I just recently saw one quite like you're describing. It's called "Darwin's Dangerous Idea". It was great, although I think an even better one could and should be made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums