[Moved from Courting Couples] My GF said this..

Godzila

See, I make all things New!
Apr 2, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
✟16,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
k9,

It took some time, but she expressed CLEARLY after that first quote...

that she saids she has gay friends, and is FOR GAY MARRIAGE and GAY SEX.

I have no problem with her or ANYBODY having friends that are gay. I even said I have friends who are gay. Gay is like any other sin such as lieing, stealing, adultery. We're ALLL sinners.

If my future mate is a sinner, i can forgive that...because God forgave ME for that. A christian is one that may fall into temptation in this world. For some of us, we fall into sin during the temptation...but WE HATE IT...and we REPENT from it.
With my Ex gf however, it was definitely an unequally yoked situation.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's definitely introduced you to a rift that's not easy to overcome.

I guess I'd be wondering where the difference with God ends. I mean, anywhere else people turn, there's God confronting what some people want to do, sexually.

Me, I've found that my friends who're gay have simply made a sexual association with some aspects of their personality, their feelings of want, or their talents. For them it "goes deeper", but it seems to be a common trait. And those stereotypes associating one with another are by and large cultural, not inherent.

Upvote 0

spr

Jul 16, 2004
✟8,538.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

There are some things that there is no middle ground on. If they are proudly homosexual, and if she says at any time that it is in any way ok she becomes a friend of this world and an enemy of God. She should not eat with them either.

If she won't take a stand for what's right, she isn't someone a Christian should be involved with. The rules she is failing to apply to them you now have to apply to her if she calls herself christian or not.

Upvote 0