[Moved from Am Politics] "Pro Life" Pharmacist is okay with woman bleeding to death

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Looks like all you armchair lawyers can go back to your day jobs.
Since you are a real lawyer, I will look to you in matters of law on CF.

You are a lawyer, right?

(Just wondering.:sorry:)

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Throw me in with the crowd that deems this obviously unethical. I love pharmacy students and pharmacists and have much respect for them, but let's be honest - they are not physicians and shouldn't be making a call that denies a patient a prescription medication.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Christ wouldn't let a woman bleed to death, why should we?

Because given the choice to either follow Christ or be a sanctimonious twerp, too many people in this world find it easier and more gratifying to do the latter.

As a matter of fact, Christ didn't let a woman bleed out -- Mark 5:25-34. And for those who don't get the point, it's repeated twice more: Matthew 9:20-22 and Luke 8:43-48

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because given the choice to either follow Christ or be a sanctimonious twerp, too many people in this world find it easier and more gratifying to do the latter.

As a matter of fact, Christ didn't let a woman bleed out -- Mark 5:25-34. And for those who don't get the point, it's repeated twice more: Matthew 9:20-22 and Luke 8:43-48

And even though He was healing others, she did not expect Him to willingly accept her as a candidate for healing, so in effect, she was probably someone that this pharmacist would have refused to help.

Upvote 0