On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes and those that believe such nonsense as rock formations that look like giants must be giant fossils of giants prove people are easily duped. your joking right? come on the gig is up. You dont really believe this right? right?
Why are you really here?
What difference does it make what I "really believe"?
Who do you think you are, anyway?
Do you think you are someone so special that we need your insulting disdain?
Do you think you are not easily duped by pride?
Apparently not.
Go be rude somewhere else. The adolescent forums are probably a good fit for that mentality.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Why are you really here?
What difference does it make what I "really believe"?
Who do you think you are, anyway?
Do you think you are someone so special that we need your insulting disdain?
Do you think you are not easily duped by pride?
Apparently not.
Go be rude somewhere else. The adolescent forums are probably a good fit for that mentality.
You post "mountains were giants" and your getting a little pushback about it and your getting mad. why? So do you believe they are really giant fossils? or would you rather be asked "are these real fossils of giants?" To insinuate Im an adolescent is not very nice. Who do I think I am? why do you ask? im not trying to insult, im just not convinced any of my fellow man really believe such nonsense. Thats not an insult Im actually giving you more credit than is observable.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You post "mountains were giants" and your getting a little pushback about it and your getting mad. why? So do you believe they are really giant fossils? or would you rather be asked "are these real fossils of giants?" To insinuate Im an adolescent is not very nice. Who do I think I am? why do you ask? im not trying to insult, im just not convinced any of my fellow man really believe such nonsense. Thats not an insult Im actually giving you more credit than is observable.
Make it observable.
You lack self discipline and respect.
'do you really believe...this nonsense...'
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Make it observable.
You lack self discipline and respect.
'do you really believe...this nonsense...'
Ain't nobody got time for that.
you created this thread right?
then Posted this "

"The bible mentions giants... 2,000 ells in height.
Probably also outlandish, utterly absurd & one of scripture's most ridiculous things.

Try not to let it rattle you.
This may be a good forum for you to avoid, in fact."

So I guess you had some evidence for the "rock people" you thought would be too much for the one you were replying to, to handle so you said it may be better for them to avoid the forum.
Im just saying surely you dont believe what you have posted. Do you?
As far as Observable credit, I havent seen you actually defend your belief with the scriptures you say exist. How about present you scriptures.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you created this thread right?
then Posted this "

"The bible mentions giants... 2,000 ells in height.
Probably also outlandish, utterly absurd & one of scripture's most ridiculous things.

Try not to let it rattle you.
This may be a good forum for you to avoid, in fact."

So I guess you had some evidence for the "rock people" you thought would be too much for the one you were replying to, to handle so you said it may be better for them to avoid the forum.
Im just saying surely you dont believe what you have posted. Do you?
As far as Observable credit, I havent seen you actually defend your belief with the scriptures you say exist. How about present you scriptures.
I don't feel like you have any business asking me personal questions, that's all.
Do I ask you what you believe and mention it being nonsense in the same breath?
Do you realistically expect a friendly response to that kind of behavior?
You have no reason to think I would enjoy any conversation with you at all.

Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
I don't feel like you have any business asking me personal questions, that's all.
Do I ask you what you believe and mention it being nonsense in the same breath?
Do you realistically expect a friendly response to that kind of behavior?
You have no reason to think I would enjoy any conversation with you at all.
you made the post, you basically told one guy to get lost out of the forum, and you realistically expect a friendly response? Yet I am being friendly and kind and loving.as a matter of fact as of right now Im your new best friend. I enjoy the relationship we are growing here on the forum. Hope to hear back from you soon about the giants that died in the flood.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet I am being friendly and kind and loving.as a matter of fact as of right now Im your new best friend. I enjoy the relationship we are growing here on the forum. Hope to hear back from you soon about the giants that died in the flood.
You mock & goad. You are being rude and boring.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
When the Bible speaks of giants I believe it refers to great men of the past just as we speak of "giants of industry" or "giants of science". Aside from that, there are physical limitations to the size a human can grow to. The first such is known as the square-cube law. If a human were to be expanded to, say, three times his size while maintaining his same proportions he would not be three times heavier he would be three cubed or twenty seven times heavier. However, bone strength increases as the square of bone diameter so this hypothetical giant’s bone strength would not be three times greater, it would be three squared or nine times greater. This means that compared to a normal human being our hypothetical giant’s bones would be under three times as much strain. In other words such a giant would have difficulty supporting his own weight without his bones collapsing under him. To illustrate, if a six foot tall man weighing 200 pounds were to be magnified three times, he would be eighteen feet tall and weigh 5400 pounds while his bone strength would only have increased enough to support 1800 pounds. Large creatures in the animal kingdom can compensate for this by having a much more massive bone structure to carry the weight. Think here of animals like the elephant, the rhinocerus and the hippo.. Some animals can also compensate by spending a lot of time being bouyed in an aquatic environment. Whales are the largest creatures to have ever lived and they must spend their entire lives in water. In the event of beaching they eventually die of asphixiation because they lack the strength to work their own lungs without the support of water. Some humans suffering from genetic gigantism have grown as tall as 9 feet. Such individuals have mostly been “bean poles”. Almost all of them have been extremely frail and clumsy. The clumsyness arises from the speed with which nerve impulses can travel from brain to muscle. In modern times the largest in proportion human being was Angus MacAskill who stood 7’9” tall and was 425 pounds. He seems to represent an upper limit to “normal” human giants. A giant 2000 ells (cubits) tall would be 3000 feet! Such a geologic size person would be fabulous ---- that is, a creature of fable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"There are physical limitations to the size a human can grow to"
Not human. Half human.

Pay attention don't just reflex w/your indoctrination.

" the square-cube law"...

Tesla pointed out the mistake of replacing direct observation with mathematical modeling.

"A giant 2000 ells (cubits) tall would be 3000 feet! Such a geologic size person would be fabulous ---- that is, a creature of fable. "

I never reduce the scriptures of Enoch to mere fables.
Believe who & what you want.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obviously not.
That & plenty speeches no doubt.

The bible mentions giants... 2,000 ells in height.

makestuffup.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's the other half? And what scripture say anything about half human anything?
Seriously? You recall nothing about Genesis 6?

4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Seriously? You recall nothing about Genesis 6?

4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown

This says that there were mighty men --MEN--thy were men of authority, probably religious leaders--priests, who married women who were not followers of God. Same old story of how have the mighty fallen---still going on, men have a tendency to choose the pretty little vixen instead of the perhaps plain but nice, chaste, women of God.
The word Nephilim, as close as anyone can get, simply means fallen.
There were giants in those days--yep---they lived to over 900 years, nothing says how tall Adam and Eve were. Why do people think they were as tall as we are today?

Angels can not procreate. Jesus made that clear. For a human female to give birth to the offspring of something like what you seem to think these things were---she would have died before she could even give birth. Even a little person carrying a normal sized baby has to have a C section and it is considered a high risk pregnancy. Doesn't anyone think about the implications of such a thing happening? And why in the world would a fallen angel "marry" a human woman? If he could procreate, he cares nothing about the law of God, much less the laws of men--marriage is a religious ceremony. All angels mentioned have male names---God does not approve of same sex unions. So why would God make angels with unneeded "equipment" for copulating with females and not make them any females? You think God has billions of male angels up there with all the proper equipment lusting after human females? That would be cruel. Seriously, it makes no sense. I've even had people say that "Well, it's only the fallen angels that can do this."---Really? You think they can create for themselves body parts that God never gave them? They can not actually create anything. They can only appear to be human or animals, not become one. Besides which, they are of a different order than we. We were created lower than the angels, They are not our kind. Only God could give the that capability and why would He recreate a fallen angel to give them that ability and then turn around and kill them for using that ability?? Doesn't add up any way you slice it.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This says that there were mighty men --MEN--thy were men of authority, probably religious leaders--priests, who married women who were not followers of God. Same old story of how have the mighty fallen---still going on, men have a tendency to choose the pretty little vixen instead of the perhaps plain but nice, chaste, women of God.
The word Nephilim, as close as anyone can get, simply means fallen.
There were giants in those days--yep---they lived to over 900 years, nothing says how tall Adam and Eve were. Why do people think they were as tall as we are today?

Angels can not procreate. Jesus made that clear. For a human female to give birth to the offspring of something like what you seem to think these things were---she would have died before she could even give birth. Even a little person carrying a normal sized baby has to have a C section and it is considered a high risk pregnancy. Doesn't anyone think about the implications of such a thing happening? And why in the world would a fallen angel "marry" a human woman? If he could procreate, he cares nothing about the law of God, much less the laws of men--marriage is a religious ceremony. All angels mentioned have male names---God does not approve of same sex unions. So why would God make angels with unneeded "equipment" for copulating with females and not make them any females? You think God has billions of male angels up there with all the proper equipment lusting after human females? That would be cruel. Seriously, it makes no sense. I've even had people say that "Well, it's only the fallen angels that can do this."---Really? You think they can create for themselves body parts that God never gave them? They can not actually create anything. They can only appear to be human or animals, not become one. Besides which, they are of a different order than we. We were created lower than the angels, They are not our kind. Only God could give the that capability and why would He recreate a fallen angel to give them that ability and then turn around and kill them for using that ability?? Doesn't add up any way you slice it.

Very well said. I agree 100%

Upvote 0