Faith Shield

Oct 22, 2014
United Kingdom
✟8,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently read Kenneth E Hagin's book Mountain Moving Faith. There are some things I would like to discuss about it.

I was struck by the way brother Hagin always claimed by faith the finances he needed, rather than seeking extravegant material provision for selfish reasons. He never abused his relationship with God and the word of faith. He would believe God to pay his rent and other bills, rather than seeking God for a yatch, for example.

Later in the book, we read that Hagin believed that God wanted 'the best' for his children. He related how he believed God for a brand new car and was offered one at a significant discount. I like this and believe that Christians, including those in ministry, shoud have good quallity material provision. However, I do wonder if some believers will abuse terms such as 'the best' and 'good of the land' and relate that to something overly extravagent: such as a Rolls Royce for a car.

Finally, we read about Hagin purchasing a house. They were renting at the time and Hagin phoned his wife to tell the landlord that 'he wants to sell the house, but doesn't know it yet'. Personally, I believe that Hagin had a God-given witness on the inside of him, which caused him to speak in faith. However, I wonder if some people will misinterpret this to mean that believers can 'name-and-claim' anything they want on a whim? I wish that Hagin would have included more information to include this disclaimer.

Reactions: SANTOSO

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's been ages since I read that one, like nearly 30 years.

Hagin was more sensible on the name it and claim it stuff than most. I seem to recall he emphasized that Prosperity meant "having a full supply" rather than just being extravagantly wealthy, for the sake of having fancy stuff.

In terms of long term benefit, I probably got the most out of "How to Be lead by the Spirit of God", especially the chapter on the "Inner Witness" than his other teachings.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recently read Kenneth E Hagin's book Mountain Moving Faith. There are some things I would like to discuss about it.

I was struck by the way brother Hagin always claimed by faith the finances he needed, rather than seeking extravegant material provision for selfish reasons. He never abused his relationship with God and the word of faith. He would believe God to pay his rent and other bills, rather than seeking God for a yatch, for example.

Later in the book, we read that Hagin believed that God wanted 'the best' for his children. He related how he believed God for a brand new car and was offered one at a significant discount. I like this and believe that Christians, including those in ministry, shoud have good quallity material provision. However, I do wonder if some believers will abuse terms such as 'the best' and 'good of the land' and relate that to something overly extravagent: such as a Rolls Royce for a car.

Finally, we read about Hagin purchasing a house. They were renting at the time and Hagin phoned his wife to tell the landlord that 'he wants to sell the house, but doesn't know it yet'. Personally, I believe that Hagin had a God-given witness on the inside of him, which caused him to speak in faith. However, I wonder if some people will misinterpret this to mean that believers can 'name-and-claim' anything they want on a whim? I wish that Hagin would have included more information to include this disclaimer.

Great book for a variety of reasons -

For the financial aspect, I would follow it by reading his book "The Midas Touch".

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Kenneth Hagin used the example of staying in the middle of the road many times.
He said one side falls in the ditch on the left, and one on the right.
All the negative terminology about Word of Faith is ignorant when it comes from people who breeze over a topic, then parrot what a YouTube guy says.
Currently there are Word of Faith Preachers that are in the middle of the road.
A person discounts their credibility by making comments that are untrue.
Word of Faith in this day is grouped with just about every false accusation you can think of.
People love gossip, and now we have so called discernment ministries that are way overboard in accusations.
Why critize others for living in the same economic system, and having the same things everyone else has or wants?
Why critize for believing the promises of God, and standing on those promises for our needs wants and desires?
Devine Healing is another area of attack on Word of a Faith teaching.
There just isn't enough time to answer all the major enemies of Word of Faith.
I'm glad there are many who persecute this Movement.
Christ said ye will be persuaded for My sake.
I am in good company.
The smear today is the presumably bad Churches are all Word of Faith,
many have nothing in common with Word of Faith.
I believe God Blesses His Children Spiritual, Physical, and Fianical.
The Words of Christ were seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
This Means obedience to God, walk after the Spirit not after the flesh.
To grasp Gods will for our lives we must have a understanding of God's
ways.
I hope this helps
God Bless.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It's been ages since I read that one, like nearly 30 years.

Hagin was more sensible on the name it and claim it stuff than most. I seem to recall he emphasized that Prosperity meant "having a full supply" rather than just being extravagantly wealthy, for the sake of having fancy stuff.

In terms of long term benefit, I probably got the most out of "How to Be lead by the Spirit of God", especially the chapter on the "Inner Witness" than his other teachings.

I love that teaching!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
KennethE Hagin taught a lot out of the Gospel of Mark CH. 11.
Recently I have pressed into Mark 11.
it is far more complex than people may understand, yet reading Gods Word is like peeling the skin off a onion.
The Word if full of Spitural things you miss even in the same Books you have read 50 times.

A good friend on the fourms here , gave the onion example.
Thank You Bob we miss you.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
KennethE Hagin taught a lot out of the Gospel of Mark CH. 11.
Recently I have pressed into Mark 11.
it is far more complex than people may understand, yet reading Gods Word is like peeling the skin off a onion.
The Word if full of Spitural things you miss even in the same Books you have read 50 times.

A good friend on the fourms here , gave the onion example.
Thank You Bob we miss you.

Thank you nowfaith for keeping ABlessedMan into our memory. I join you in missing Him along with many, many others and ask them to return and help keep the Word of Faith alive in preparations for the final run in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world.

Remain Blessed (my friend)... to be a Blessing

hhodgson (Harry)
php4UPgOlPM[1].jpg

Word-of-Faith (3).gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’d like to live by faith and see the fruits thereof this life so I’ve started to look into the biblical prosperity message. Seeing that handling money is ‘the least thing’, I figured I’d start my faith walk here.

Has anyone here experienced a supernatural financial harvest that left you under no doubt that it really was an act of God’s Grace through your faith?

I am going to read the Midas Touch, as a book written by a man during his last years might give the best perspective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

look up the Midas Touch by Kenneth E. Hagin.
He had written this book to pull in the televangelist who created a mess.
His belief for having the material things of this world, was in His words in the middle of the road.
His teaching references this statement on other subjects as well.
He warned about going into the ditch on either side.
It was a good anology of the extremists, either having obsessed about acquiring money or being humbly poor.
What ever side of the ditch people are in, it is nonetheless vanity, and pride.

Upvote 0