• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mother & Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

maitiu

Mar 29, 2005
New York City
✟15,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys,

I'm just asking for general prayer for both my mother and father. My mother has had schizophrenia for my entire life - it's all I've known really. She's been in and out of 'seriosity' of the schizophrenia during my childhood, but over the past few years, thanks to improved medication has been pretty stable. That's been about 18 years now. I think because of it, Dad has a very bleak outlook on life. He's very pessemistic about everything, and about me. He doesn't know the Lord either, so I can't discuss things along that line with him.

Thanks

Matt

Reactions: goldenviolet

artjack

Jul 19, 2005
✟1,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it may be just presure & worry on your father, i will pray, im sure youe parents are lovely people, thank god your mother is feeling well, love your father also, sons and father are like that alot, you are not the only one, be positive, think positive, do something you will all enjoy together if you can. something simple.perhalps like talking.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.