Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
where in the bible does it say Dogs go to heaven?
They're discussing that in another threat. I don't know, it only says:
For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
whats amazing is you missed what i underlined

We believe Jesus Deceives People (Ezekiel 14:9 KJV).

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

you see God does deceive people!
I think it means he allowed satan to deceive him. He also said He would destroy the Egyptians, but the one that did it was the destroyer.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We believe Jesus Is Love (1 John 4:8, 16) and hates everyone (Psalm 5:5-6; 11:5).

Confused I am.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. John 3:16, God doesn't say two contrary things.
He doesn't hate people, He hates our sinful nature, that's why it's killed with Christ. I no longer live, Christ lives within me. (Galatians 2:22)

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe those are traditions of men? Paul warns against those(Colossians 2:8)

That is another rhetorical smokescreen. It is a common tactic to call whatever one disagrees with or does not like for whatever reason "traditions of men" and "doctrines of devils." The thing is, you have fallen prey to the exact same thing you whine about because it is passed off to you as "what Scripture plainly says."

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gods thoughts are not our thoughts(which is what has caused my problems at first all along but i am working on getting over that), so we can not comprehend everything God does so we cant lean on our own understanding as we cant fathom what god does.

Have you thought for a moment whether "atruechurch" has picked up on your vulnerability and inserted itself at an opportune moment to replace your comprehension with what it interprets as "God's thoughts?"

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

Did you read what I posted? Posting a prooftext is just that, posting a prooftext.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
kool-aid.jpg

Reactions: squint
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
actually if you read the faq

Q4. How many people are in your church?

Currently there are about 50 people. We have often been wrongly accused of evil because our size is small. But we know truth is not by majority vote (2 Peter 2:2), and narrow is the way and few find it (Matthew 7:13-14; Luke 13:24).

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. (2 Timothy 4:1-5)

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. (2 Timothy 1:7-11)

Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity. (1 Timothy 5:1-2)

Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward. Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. (1 Timothy 5:17-19)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As a side note, I haven't heard Darwin Fish's cult mentioned in years now. Still peddling the "We may not be the only true church but we don't know of any others" nonsense apparently.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: squint
Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As a side note, I haven't heard Darwin Fish's cult mentioned in years now. Still peddling the "We may not be the only true church but we don't know of any others" nonsense apparently.

-CryptoLutheran

I've heard something like that before ;)

Be anxious to preserve the unity of the Spirit within the bonds of peace. One body and one Spirit: to this you have been called by the one hope of your calling: one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in us all. (Ephesians 4:3-6)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've heard something like that before ;)

Be anxious to preserve the unity of the Spirit within the bonds of peace. One body and one Spirit: to this you have been called by the one hope of your calling: one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in us all. (Ephesians 4:3-6)

Fish's claim would be more along the lines if Fr. Bob at St. Joseph's parish church in Somewhereville said he's the only true priest, and St. Joseph's is the only valid church in the world and Catholicism exists and is practiced no where else--and then proceeded to accuse anyone who even so much as blinked the wrong way in his general direction a hell-bound heretic.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fish's claim would be more along the lines if Fr. Bob at St. Joseph's parish church in Somewhereville said he's the only true priest, and St. Joseph's is the only valid church in the world and Catholicism exists and is practiced no where else--and then proceeded to accuse anyone who even so much as blinked the wrong way in his general direction a hell-bound heretic.

-CryptoLutheran

Yes indeed, such would be the case. In fact such things have been known to happen but are almost always the result of a serious nervous disorder or the onset of one form or another of diagnosable insanity. Mind you, there are some tiny groups of sede vacanitsts that hold views not entirely dissimilar to that. And there are even a few groups - again quite tiny - that have their own elected popes and papal see; these are usually of the sede vacantist variety but with the twist that they decided to elect a pope on their own.

Upvote 0

boldlion

Feb 19, 2010
✟7,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
really? If your saved go to this site and tell me if you agree with EVERYTHING THEY SAY
atruechurch.info

Do they believe that one must be baptised in water to be saved ?
Do they believe that one must receive the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues to be saved ?

Upvote 0