Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall speak to Pharaoh that he send the children of Israel out of his land. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. But Pharaoh will not hearken to you, that I may smite Egypt, and bring forth my hosts and my people the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt and by great judgements. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I lift up my hand against Egypt and bring out the children of Israel from among them." {Exodus Chapter 7, vs. 1-5}

Spirit Compass

Surfer on the Lucid Sea
Dec 28, 2009
Mission Beach
Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
--The Serpent staff devours the magicians serpents.
--Waters of the river turned to blood.
--Frogs overpopulate the rivers; in the chambers & kneading troughs.
--Lice on men and cattle from dust of the earth.
--Swarms of flies in houses and around people.
--Smiting of cattle, horses, asses, camels, oxen, sheep.
--Boils on humans from ashes.
--Hail on men and cattle; flaming fire and hail destroying flax and barley.
--Locusts devouring the herbs and vegetation.
--Thick darkness.
--Death to the first born.
--Chariots riders drown in the sea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

watchtower08

Jun 4, 2010
USA
✟22,003.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't seem as if anyone mentions that virtually every single one of the plagues against Egypt was a direct attack against one of their gods.

I will report the ones I know:

The Egyptians worshipped the Nile, so God turned its water into blood.
They worshipped frogs, so He overran them.
Flies was an attack against the beetle, scarabs.
I know that the thick darkness was an attack on ra, the sun god,
and the death of the firstborn was an attack on anubis, and the pharoah (who was seen as a god. or better prophet, by the people).

Those are just the ones I know, but I know that God also attacks osiris (which I believe is the fertility god) also in the death of the firstborn. It is really profound to study it all out...

--With blessings

Upvote 0

Spirit Compass

Surfer on the Lucid Sea
Dec 28, 2009
Mission Beach
Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't seem as if anyone mentions that virtually every single one of the plagues against Egypt was a direct attack against one of their gods.

I will report the ones I know:

The Egyptians worshipped the Nile, so God turned its water into blood.
They worshipped frogs, so He overran them.
Flies was an attack against the beetle, scarabs.
I know that the thick darkness was an attack on ra, the sun god,
and the death of the firstborn was an attack on anubis, and the pharoah (who was seen as a god. or better prophet, by the people).

Those are just the ones I know, but I know that God also attacks osiris (which I believe is the fertility god) also in the death of the firstborn. It is really profound to study it all out...

--With blessings

Not having a reference book in epedemiology, I searched several internet sources for the probability of boils being spread by ashes. Nothing seemed related. To me this means that the boils were created out of carbon, which is a basic element. This would be a metaphysical plague, one unrelated to the kind of comparison you have made.

:cool:Mahalo nui^_^

Upvote 0