Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Their unfaithfulness there, for which everyone over 21 died in the wilderness, was their refusal to go into the promised land (Nu 18).
Aaron had nothing to do with that and was not subject to that punishment.
Not true, Aaron himself was unfaithful to God in the presence of Israel at the waters of Maribda. Therefore, God promised that both Aaron and Moses would not enter the Promised Land. Therefore, Aaron was among the Israelites whom God promised would not enter His rest.

Numbers 20:23–29 (ESV)
23 And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron at Mount Hor, on the border of the land of Edom, 24 “Let Aaron be gathered to his people, for he shall not enter the land that I have given to the people of Israel, because you rebelled against my command at the waters of Meribah. 25 Take Aaron and Eleazar his son and bring them up to Mount Hor.

Numbers 20:12 (ESV)
12 And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe in me, to uphold me as holy in the eyes of the people of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land that I have given them.”

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not true, Aaron himself was unfaithful to God in the presence of Israel at the waters of Maribda. Therefore, God promised that both Aaron and Moses would not enter the Promised Land. Therefore, l

Numbers 20:23–29 (ESV)
23 And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron at Mount Hor, on the border of the land of Edom, 24 “Let Aaron be gathered to his people, for he shall not enter the land that I have given to the people of Israel, because you rebelled against my command at the waters of Meribah. 25 Take Aaron and Eleazar his son and bring them up to Mount Hor.

That is not about the golden calf (post #18).

Numbers 20:12 (ESV)
12 And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe in me, to uphold me as holy in the eyes of the people of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land that I have given them.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is not about the golden calf (post #18).

True, but I never said it was about the golden calf, but rather (bolding mine):

setst777 said:
I agree with the other "throughfiierytrial" that Aaron's main punishment was that, because of his unfaithfulness, he died in the wilderness with the rest of the Israelites whom God swore would never enter His rest for their unfaithfulness (Psalms 95:10-11), and we Christians today must take heed, lest we also fall in like manner:

Psalms 95:10-11 (WEB)
Forty long years I was grieved with that generation, and said, “It is a people that errs in their heart. They have not known my ways.”
11 Therefore I swore in my wrath, “They won’t enter into my rest.”

My point was that Aaron was unfaithful, and so was included among those who perished, never to enter that earthly Promised Land.

You had also written as follows:

Clare73 said:
Their unfaithfulness there, for which everyone over 21 died in the wilderness, was their refusal to go into the promised land (Nu 18).
Aaron had nothing to do with that and was not subject to that punishment.

While that was a major reason for God not allowing most of the Israelites to enter the Promised Land, that was not the only reason; rather, the Israelites treated God with contempt by their deeds and murmurings, their sinful behavior, and complaining, and so, little by little, they perished during those 40 years for a number of sinful acts that showed contempt for God.

Psalms 95:10-11 (WEB)
Forty long years I was grieved with that generation, and said, “It is a people that errs in their heart. They have not known my ways.”
11 Therefore I swore in my wrath, “They won’t enter into my rest.”

1 Corinthians 10:1-12 (WEB) 1 Now I would not have you ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ. 5 However with most of them, God was not well pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7 Don’t be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” [Exodus 32:6] 8 Let us not commit sexual immorality, as some of them committed, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell. 9 Let us not test Christ, as some of them tested, and perished by the serpents. 10 Don’t grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them by way of example, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come. 12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands be careful that he doesn’t fall.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is the Scripture you presented in post #18.
If you read post #18 in context, you see that I clearly changed the topic from all that happened with the golden calf, and began with another title in bold so it could not be missed:

"Regarding Aaron"

Under that heading, I then began to give the reasons why Aaron was not allowed to enter the Promised Land, which was for unfaithfulness.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you read post #18 in context, you see that I clearly changed the topic from all that happened with the golden calf, and began with another title in bold so it could not be missed:

"Regarding Aaron"

Under that heading, I then began to give the reasons why Aaron was not allowed to enter the Promised Land, which was for unfaithfulness.

And I am addressing the Scripture you first posted, to which you do not respond.

Upvote 0