Morton Table Salt’s Lids Have a Not-So-Secret Feature That Everyone Is Just Finding Out About, and People Are Losing It

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beyond just a place for me to find the latest dance trends and hilarious voice-overs, social media sites like Instagram and TikTok have become my go-to place for finding blatantly obvious-yet-ingenious tips and life hacks. From cutting onions to cleaning out a garbage disposal, the life-changing hacks found online are often so simple that I’m surprised I didn’t think of them first.

Case in point: This recent post from TikTok user @trip82city, which struck gold with a post that, at the time of writing, has garnered more than 11 million views. The topic? That old table salt container you keep in your cabinet.

If you were like me and not in-the-know, it appears that every 26-ounce canister of Morton Table Salt has a built-in salt shaker that is only revealed after removing the sticker from the metal spout. Under each sticker are two salt-shaker-sized holes that can be used to pour much smaller amounts of salt — without having to pour it into your hand first. Completely mind-blowing, if you ask me!

Continued below.