Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the earthquake, first I heard that Moroni fell off the Temple - then, no, only his trumpet fell off. ???
Thank you for noting that as I heard that recently SL City had an earthquake and your story is true. Moroni lost his trumpet.

As the Mormon folklore goes --when Christ returns this mythical angel is supposed to blow his trumpet and the sealed doors of that Temple are supposed to burst open.Heard that story on the SLCity Temple grounds many years ago. Guess this mythical angel will have a hard time blowing his trumpet without it.

Maybe God is trying to tell Mormons something here.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for noting that as I heard that recently SL City had an earthquake and your story is true. Moroni lost his trumpet.

As the Mormon folklore goes --when Christ returns this mythical angel is supposed to blow his trumpet and the sealed doors of that Temple are supposed to burst open.Heard that story on the SLCity Temple grounds many years ago. Guess this mythical angel will have a hard time blowing his trumpet without it.

Lots of Christians were having visions from God in the 1830s.. Consider Joseph Smith, Ella White, John Nelson Darby and John Wilson (British Israelites).. How weird that they all contradicted each other.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mormons can afford to repair the damage.

In 2018 Mormon President Told Africans That Tithing Would Break Their Cycle of Poverty.
What a shameful abuse of power. He should be relieved of his position. How is this not a "prosperity gospel" message that some Mormons on here have complained that Christian pastors teach?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What a shameful abuse of power. He should be relieved of his position. How is this not a "prosperity gospel" message that some Mormons on here have complained that Christian pastors teach?

Pretty much, yes:

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much, yes:
(Old Testament | Malachi 3:8 - 10)

8 ¶ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

What would happen if a "supervolcano" eruption occurred again at Yellowstone?

If anything, it's a warning that Yellowstone might be ready to blow before too long and that people need to get their things in order.

A worst-case scenario for Yellowstone going is that volcanic ash will cover all of North America, leading to rampant global cooling that could drop the planet's temperature by a goodly amount for years to come, something that could have devastating effects on crops and other food-related activities, let alone modern society as we know it.

So now's not the time to be laughing it up.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would happen if a "supervolcano" eruption occurred again at Yellowstone?

If anything, it's a warning that Yellowstone might be ready to blow before too long and that people need to get their things in order.

A worst-case scenario for Yellowstone going is that volcanic ash will cover all of North America, leading to rampant global cooling that could drop the planet's temperature by a goodly amount for years to come, something that could have devastating effects on crops and other food-related activities, let alone modern society as we know it.

So now's not the time to be laughing it up.

Oh I guarantee that I am NOT laughing as many Mormons who are now decieved will find out in the End that they were.

Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think anyone is laughing.

I just wonder if Moroni' s trumpet can be put back on.

My older nephew is in Salt Lake City. I don't think there were any deaths because of the earthquake.

It's not about "judgement of God" or anything. A natural phenomenon occurred, the Temple was damaged, that's all.
A bit of news, not 666 or sky is falling scenario.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
(Old Testament | Malachi 3:8 - 10)

8 ¶ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

The payment of tithes is mandatory for members to receive the priesthood or obtain admission to temples.

The LDS Church is a lay ministry.[30] The money that is given is used to build and maintain church buildings as well as to further the work of the church.[31] None of the funds collected from tithing is paid to church officials or those who serve in the church.[citation needed] Brigham Young University, a church-sponsored institution, also receives "a significant portion" of its maintenance and operating costs from tithes of the church's members.
Tithe - Wikipedia

However, the history of the Hebrew tithes is different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums